Five Pawns - Juice Reviews

Super feedback @Matthee. Thanks.
Did you find as much of a difference with any of the other flavours at the high power?

Super feedback @Matthee. Thanks.
Did you find as much of a difference with any of the other flavours at the high power?
Have tried Bowden's Mate in the Aqua, but no better than in the Reo, still the best. VM Banana Cream I usually run in a Kayfun at 1.2 ohms and around 9 W and it is excellent. In the Aqua it also becomes a totally different juice. I would not say better, but vastly different.

I
Have tried Bowden's Mate in the Aqua, but no better than in the Reo, still the best. VM Banana Cream I usually run in a Kayfun at 1.2 ohms and around 9 W and it is excellent. In the Aqua it also becomes a totally different juice. I would not say better, but vastly different.
must try the banana cream like you mention. I really don't get a good vape from it. It tastes a bit watered down. Dunno. Maybe it doesn't like a .7 coil.

5Pawns Absolute Pin (12mg 50pg/50vg)

So, @Vapey McJuicy (we need more juice reviews from him!) said about this one:
I think some vapers might actually love this juice, but it really needs to be enjoyed on say a proper RBA or a dripper, with some high heat and good wicking. Without that you are going to be stuck with an Absinthe-like tasting juice, and a Spice Girls to keep you company. (His full review here)
The highest power he tested on was between 12 - 14 W. Decided to try it a higher heat on the Aqua atomizer. Dual coils at 0.62 ohms wicked with bamboo thread. That's around 28 W of power.
My bottle of Absolute Pin has been standing idle, did not like it, as quite a few of you have also remarked. Tell you what, at this power this juice is a totally different beast. All the elements @Vapey McJuicy mentioned are there, in perfect balance. For me this come very close to the class of Bowden's Mate, which is my favourite at this stage. Probably not an all day vape, but awesome for in between for an intense kick or after a sumptuous meal.

Thank you so much for the quote and the kind words @Matthee ! :)

Yes, I should have done more reviews by now, eish..... I sincerely appreciate you saying so.

I am glad to hear that "juicing" up the power even more, makes Absolute Pin the juice I was hoping it would be, more balanced. I also have about 8mls left that have been sitting waiting for a re-visit. 28W must provide a lekker kick, I wonder if my lungs would take that Cinnamon :D

I am just glad you are getting its worth out of that bottle still, on those dual coils!

Quite right @Hein510
These are from the new mixology range as i understand.
Waiting on Vapeking to hear if they will be bringing them in.
They did get samples and they auctioned off a set to @TylerD.

That is the best news ive heard this weekend @Stroodlepuff !
Surprise me, I am ready

Today I received.... Queenside!

First impressions:

Its 18mg juice, the vendor did not have my usual 12mg in stock. So....this hits hard! I almost silvered when I started vaping it on a freshly coiled Origen dripper @0.4 ohms.

The flavour: I like it, loads. Its not straight forward orange, its blood orange flavoured. Which is really divine. There is some faint Vanilla flavour on exhale. All in all, it has good potential to end up side by side with Gambit in my personal 5P rankings, so far.
I like the fact that it does not taste somewhat acidic, I was reluctant to get another citrus style juice after being disgusted by a previous attempt....but, hey....that was Liqua Citrus Mix in the beginning :punch:

I will add more feedback after a week or so.

Ranking of 5P juices so far (the ones I tried):
  1. Gambit (10/10)
  2. Queenside (atm on par with Gambit) (10/10)
  3. Castle Long (9/10....because of the lack of Bourbon flavour)
  4. Bowdens Mate (7/10)
I will probably carry on tasting their juices. There has not been a real disappointment. Even Bowdens has its place for me, just not too often. I have around 10ml left, and been on it since february. Problem with it is that I am sometimes too lazy to change the cotton, and with a mint juice you will have to change in order to try another juice.

I just knew you going to like it @Tom - I'm running scared at the moment as Queenside is becoming my ADV of preference.

Rule of thumb for any quality liquid.
If you heat it up and the flavors brighten up, you know the flavoring didn't come from FA or TPA

Today I received.... Queenside!

First impressions:

Its 18mg juice, the vendor did not have my usual 12mg in stock. So....this hits hard! I almost silvered when I started vaping it on a freshly coiled Origen dripper @0.4 ohms.

The flavour: I like it, loads. Its not straight forward orange, its blood orange flavoured. Which is really divine. There is some faint Vanilla flavour on exhale. All in all, it has good potential to end up side by side with Gambit in my personal 5P rankings, so far.
I like the fact that it does not taste somewhat acidic, I was reluctant to get another citrus style juice after being disgusted by a previous attempt....but, hey....that was Liqua Citrus Mix in the beginning :punch:

I will add more feedback after a week or so.

Ranking of 5P juices so far (the ones I tried):
  1. Gambit (10/10)
  2. Queenside (atm on par with Gambit) (10/10)
  3. Castle Long (9/10....because of the lack of Bourbon flavour)
  4. Bowdens Mate (7/10)
I will probably carry on tasting their juices. There has not been a real disappointment. Even Bowdens has its place for me, just not too often. I have around 10ml left, and been on it since february. Problem with it is that I am sometimes too lazy to change the cotton, and with a mint juice you will have to change in order to try another juice.
My ranking:
  1. Bowden's Mate (10/10)
  2. Sixty Four (9/10)
  3. Queenside (8.5/10)
  4. Absolute Pin (8/10)
  5. Castle Long (7.5/10)
  6. Perpetual Check (7/10)
  7. Lucena (3/10)
  8. Grandmaster (3/10)

My ranking:
  1. Bowden's Mate (10/10)
  2. Sixty Four (9/10)
  3. Queenside (8.5/10)
  4. Absolute Pin (8/10)
  5. Castle Long (7.5/10)
  6. Perpetual Check (7/10)
  7. Lucena (3/10)
  8. Grandmaster (3/10)
you have not tried Gambit yet?

Funny how personal taste differ:

1. Queenside
2. Grandsmaster
3. Gambit
4. Absolute Pin
5. Castle Long
* Bowden's Mate - just can't vape it for the life of Murphy

i think that I will skip Grandmaster....for some reason i cannot get thru my banana vapes anymore, although I quite liked them before....doesnt matter which one, VM Banana Cream, Captivape The Good Shit or .... even forgot the third one, and too lazy to scratch in the drawer for it. All collecting dust at the moment.

i think that I will skip Grandmaster....for some reason i cannot get thru my banana vapes anymore, although I quite liked them before....doesnt matter which one, VM Banana Cream, Captivape The Good Shit or .... even forgot the third one, and too lazy to scratch in the drawer for it. All collecting dust at the moment.

At <0.8 Ohms the banana flavour is very subtle and the peanut more pronounced IMO

1. Queenside
2. Grandsmaster
3. Gambit
4. Absolute Pin
5. Castle Long
Absolutely, does not matter how premium the juice is. Must still try Gambit though.

@Tom, Grandmaster is way more nutty than banana
Its no-nonsense and very bold nut
I like it a lot

My favourite is bowdens by a fair margin

But I need to do more vaping at higher power to really evaluate them properly

Ive only tried bowdens and gambit so far . And for me gambit is the one . Its probably up there in my top 3 juices that ive vaped . I also really like the fact that five pawns is pre steeped .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ive only tried bowdens and gambit so far . And for me gambit is the one . Its probably up there in my top 3 juices that ive vaped . I also really like the fact that five pawns is pre steeped .

Point I have to agree on. Juices that are mixed, bottled and sealed have a very long shelf life. Keeping the oxygen out preserves it to what many have agreed on to be two years, although this has not actually been tested. Keeping the oxygen out prevents it from changing color and turning into a murky gunk while steeping. That whole thing about getting a new juice and leaving it open in a dark drawer is very 70's and only really applies to liquids that are made to order. I wouldn't be surprised if some guy just came up with that to cover a really bad mix. It's rushes the process, but degrades the juice. A sealed bottle will mature in it's own time while retaining it's intended color and integrity.

1. Queenside
2. Grandsmaster
3. Gambit
4. Absolute Pin
5. Castle Long

If your list is anything to go by. Then Queenside will definitely HAVE to be my next purchase.
I'm absolutely loving Grandmaster!

If your list is anything to go by. Then Queenside will definitely HAVE to be my next purchase.
I'm absolutely loving Grandmaster!

Queenside not everybody's cup of tea, if you like a mild complex marmelade go for it.

Queenside not everybody's cup of tea, if you like a mild complex marmelade go for it.
agree on that. I have been vaping it all weekend, I do enjoy it. But I still prefer Gambit more. Queenside is at this stage (still testing it) alongside with Castle Long, although very different.

Gesendet von meinem LIFETAB_E7316 mit Tapatalk

Back