Five Pawns - Juice Reviews

Great review @VapeTownZA !
I agree fully with you - Bowdens is a special juice
My favourite of the first 5 of the Five Pawns

Thanks @Silver. I tested them all in store and am going to work my way through. I really like the castle long too. Some were a bit too sweet for me but overall this juice is like buying that expensive bottle of rare whiskey that you savour every sip.

Thanks @Silver. I tested them all in store and am going to work my way through. I really like the castle long too. Some were a bit too sweet for me but overall this juice is like buying that expensive bottle of rare whiskey that you savour every sip.

I agree - these are really top notch juices.
I was also lucky enough to be able to test the first five at VapeKing - I ended up taking four of them except Absolute Pin, which didnt agree with me in their store.
I later discovered that Gambit was too sweet for me and I didn't like the apple pie flavour.
So three of the first five were great for me. Bowdens is my favourite. Then Grandmaster, then Queenside.

A few months later I visited VapeKing again and tasted the next five. I walked out with 2 of them. Castle Long and Perpetual Check. Haven't vaped them yet ;-) Been sidetracked with so many other juices. Will get to them eventually. But they are waiting patiently for me and it feels great to know there are some really super duper juices lined up...

On the point of try before you buy - I really think that is a major win. Well done to VapeMob and VapeKing for providing this opportunity on such premium juices!

@Chop007
@Gizmo

I was also lucky enough to be able to test the first five at VapeKing - I ended up taking four of them except Absolute Pin, which didnt agree with me in their store.
I later discovered that Gambit was too sweet for me and I didn't like the apple pie flavour.
So three of the first five were great for me. Bowdens is my favourite. Then Grandmaster, then Queenside.

A few months later I visited VapeKing again and tasted the next five. I walked out with 2 of them. Castle Long and Perpetual Check. Haven't vaped them yet ;-) Been sidetracked with so many other juices. Will get to them eventually. But they are waiting patiently for me and it feels great to know there are some really super duper juices lined up...

On the point of try before you buy - I really think that is a major win. Well done to VapeMob and VapeKing for providing this opportunity on such premium juices!

@Chop007
@Gizmo
I would never be able to keep looking at unopened hi end juices ;)

Full agreement. My two favorites are gambit and castle long

@Chop007
@Gizmo
I would never be able to keep looking at unopened hi end juices ;)

Full agreement. My two favorites are gambit and castle long

Castle Long, WOW, this is THE best juice I have had, it's really that good, each flavour profile hits the senses amazingly well.

The bourbon is slightly muted but the coconut, almond and caramelized brown sugar more than makes up for it.

Also have Bowden's Mate which I haven't tried yet, just by the smell alone I know im in for another amazing experience.

Thanks again to Vapemob for the great prices and service, I honestly wouldn't mind spending the full price on them in future.

Castle Long, WOW, this is THE best juice I have had, it's really that good, each flavour profile hits the senses amazingly well.

The bourbon is slightly muted but the coconut, almond and caramelized brown sugar more than makes up for it.

Yip, probably my favourite juice.

Also have Bowden's Mate which I haven't tried yet, just by the smell alone I know im in for another amazing experience.

Thanks again to Vapemob for the great prices and service, I honestly wouldn't mind spending the full price on them in future.
Yes, 5P makes great juices. Unfortunately juices with nutyt flavours are not for me, but Bowden's Mate has been my No 1 juice since I tasted it more than a year ago. Enjoy.

Hi Guys

The planets aligned. The gods were on my side. A miracle happened. I found 18mg Five Pawns at Vapemob. Here are my thoughts.

Castle Long
iStick 30W/Nautilus Mini at 15W
Provari 3/Nautilus Mini at 13W

Initially I thought the juice was OK although the coconut flavour was very strong. After a day or so I didn't enjoy it much so left it for a while. When I started vaping it again it still wasn't great but it's OK for once in a while. The coconut is really strong and I don't pick up much of the other flavours it supposedly has. Throat hit is spot-on for me. Good, not great, I'll finish what I have but won't re-order.

Gambit

I absolutely love this juice. I've seen reviews with complaints that it is too sweet but I don't find it too sweet at all. The apple flavour is very subtle and there are beautiful caramel and nutty flavours as well. It really tastes like Grandma's apple pie but better (it has nicotine remember!) I vape this a lot and it is especially good in the mornings or after a meal. Throat hit is perfect for me. All in all a fantastic juice and I'll definitely re-order if I can get it in 18mg.

I'm also very keen on trying Bowden's Mate, maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to find it in 18mg.

BTW, I love the Five Pawns packaging, it's the best I've seen. Classy and different, I like different!

Cheers.

Chris

Thanks for your impressions. The best of feelings finding an all day vape!

But VapeMob has 18 mg Bowdens on their web site? I have ordered same from them just the other day.

Thanks for your impressions. The best of feelings finding an all day vape!

But VapeMob has 18 mg Bowdens on their web site? I have ordered same from them just the other day.
Hi Andre

Thanks for the head's up; I called Hein and they have 1 bottle which he will keep for me, will pick it up later.

Hi Guys

The planets aligned. The gods were on my side. A miracle happened. I found 18mg Five Pawns at Vapemob. Here are my thoughts.

Castle Long

Initially I thought the juice was OK although the coconut flavour was very strong. After a day or so I didn't enjoy it much so left it for a while. When I started vaping it again it still wasn't great but it's OK for once in a while. The coconut is really strong and I don't pick up much of the other flavours it supposedly has. Throat hit is spot-on for me. Good, not great, I'll finish what I have but won't re-order.

Gambit

I absolutely love this juice. I've seen reviews with complaints that it is too sweet but I don't find it too sweet at all. The apple flavour is very subtle and there are beautiful caramel and nutty flavours as well. It really tastes like Grandma's apple pie but better (it has nicotine remember!) I vape this a lot and it is especially good in the mornings or after a meal. Throat hit is perfect for me. All in all a fantastic juice and I'll definitely re-order if I can get it in 18mg.

I'm also very keen on trying Bowden's Mate, maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to find it in 18mg.

BTW, I love the Five Pawns packaging, it's the best I've seen. Classy and different, I like different!

Cheers.

Chris

Thanks for sharing your views @cfm78910

Gambit is a favourite of many. Pity 18mg is quite scarce. I am also looking for a 18mg version of bowdens Mate. Let us know how you like it when you get it.

Ps - have moved your post and the follow up posts to this existing 5Pawns review thread

A small review here from me
@25pound a bottle its not something I would buy, so luckily a kind soul sent me 30ml 18mg Grandmaster to give it a go.
As other have said, the packaging is unique, although it does look a bit like a toilet roll empty with a sticker. But on the whole, I do like it

The juice colour is something I thought I had seen before, and it was the Cosmic Fog range (church) that reminded me...there's also a smell that is similar. I cant quite describe it..almost straw...earthy...its something that seems to be the trend lately. I suspect the prominent base flavourings are similar.

Anyway, onto the vape...its all good. Flavours are nice, pleasant, layered...vapour production and TH is perfectly fine. I do like this juice, however...
its kinda expensive. I know I know everybody says it is the best available and by far the presentation and marketing is something to behold, however the contents are above average to me. I'm giving it praise btw..this is me being nice:) Its good juice, but I dont think this is the best stuff since Santa Claus. Taste is subjective, and to me, this may be the best taste around, however, if that is the case then we dont have much to look forward to anymore.
I would give this 6/10 on a combo of flavour/vapour production/th/cost
If we ignore the cost then it is a 8/10 juice. Pretty good. But only because I am hoping there is a 10/10 juice that will really blow my socks off. I dont want this to be the pinnacle.
Comparatively speaking, I've thrown some nonsense together in the kitchen without too precise measuring and wouldve given those creations a 6/10 for flavour. So not as good as this juice, yet miles more economical.

This is super unleaded. Its pretty good. We all walk different paths in life, so for some this may be an ADV. Without doubt if this is in your price range give it a go, but to those where this juice is just too costly, you can lust after something more affordable, knowing you arent missing out on too much

I would gladly accept another bottle as a gift, or even buy a bottle to give as a gift to a special someone at xmas etc. I wouldnt buy this to vape all the time. There's worthy alternatives at a third of the price without the toilet roll imho.

Last edited:
@25pound a bottle its not something I would buy

prices in the UK are pretty steep, I noticed it today again. Found a supplier for Indian Giver and Kilo Cereal Milk...9 Pounds for 15ml each + 10 Pounds shipping to Germany. Calculated landed costs....28,57 € / 30ml on a total order of +100ml
that was too much for me, for juices I have not even tried before.....the current € ---> Pound exchange rate is killing the deal for me.

I rather ordered 160ml of juice at cloudhousevapor... for an incredible low 45 €

Post removed , incorrect thread

Apologies

Last edited:
Hi @CloudmanJHB
What juice did you review?
This is the Five Pawns review thread

Company: Five Pawns
Product Name: Taken Three Line: Kibitzer
Product Image:

Reviewer: Imperator
kibitzer.jpg

Mod: IPV D2
Watts/Volts: 40 watts.

Atomiser: Griffin RTA
Coil Resistance: 0.40
Wicking Material: Cotton Bacon

Strength: 3mg
Blend: 65/35
Price: Through Vapemob - R350//R11.67 per ml.
Five Pawns suggested retail price - R280

Website blurb: Grilled pineapple
upside-down cake.

Reviewer Notes:
A friend and I decided to go 50/50 on a bottle of Kibitzer. I'm certainly a fan of most things Five Pawns have made so I thought it was time to give it a try. First, the price on this is ridiculous. It's supposed to be the more affordable, everyday vape in their line but it's being sold at roughly the same price as the Insignia series is sold at Vapemob.

Anyway, you get a very natural pineapple taste on the inhale - they nail the grilled pineapple. On the exhale it's a little sweeter and you can taste a bit of brown sugar and cream.
It's very smooth and, at 65/35 one would expect this. (Honestly I can quite happily drip their 50/50s)
It's definitely not as complex as the liquids from Insignia series but, that's a part of the aim of the line. They've gone for a simplified all day vape and I could certainly vape this all day. While it's probably the best pineapple vape I've had to date, I've only tried 3 or 4 at this stage. I wouldn't say it's exceptional but it is very good. Is it R350 good? No.

Avoid if: You like having money or hate pineapple vapes.

Thank you @Imperator great review

But as you say, R350 for a more affordable line... nah

Its funny how the 'mindblock' works. One of my favourite all-day coffees was R 80. When it jumped to R110, i was put off it. But its only really R30 more... nonetheless it put me off.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y221-U22 using Tapatalk

Back