Five Pawns Mixology.

so... final verdict after using Castle Long for about 10 days now. Been using it all week in the Kayfun, at 1.6 ohms on the SVD. Played around with different wattage settings.

It definitely grew on me. I found it quite good at 11-12 W. Enjoying the roasted almond flavour....but! It never developed that Bourbon flavour I was so looking forward to. Its predominantely roasted almond.

I would order it again, some time. For now I will move on....expecting Queenside to arrive on Saturday ;)

Last edited:
Queenside is my absolute favourite in the signature series

If you like a mild marmelade, you will love it.

I think there a truth though in your finding. Great liquids like these can be pushed and shoved in any direction. I have the greatest respect for what these guys are doing. Whether you like it mild or push as much wattage through them as you possibly can, they hold up. Any great liquid is made by someone who takes these things into account. When I was first introduced to Five Pawns it looked like they we're running genesis atties, so I'd presume they actually used these setups for testing too.

The flavor pop you get from running a juice over a sub ohm coil can just never be compared to anything else.
Thanks for reporting all your findings! I've been meaning to ask if you have Castle Long or Castle Long Reserve?
If it's Castle Long, I've read that Bourbon is very faint. I have never tried Castle Long. The unmistakable though in Castle Long Reserve, but that stuff comes at a very steep price. $ 37.50 I think I paid for one bottle.

It makes for very fine vaping on very special occasions.

I just got the "normal" CL....I would also buy the Reserve if I could get hold of it here. Especially if the Bourbon would come out of hiding :)
Just as you said....fine vape for special occasions. Thats why I am not shy on forking out 28 Euros for the 5P from a local supplier. After all I would spend +50 Euros/week on smokes if I would still smoke....

Thanks @Tom and @RevnLucky7
Most interesting.

When I first reviewed the 5 Pawns way back on my little mPT2 stock setups I was totally amazed by them. So smooth and such good flavour. Within a few minutes I could tell these juices were special. To be fair, i had not vaped any other premium juices, but compared to the usual juices i had vaped it was night and day difference.

On the IGO-L dripper at about 15 Watts they are even better.

@Tom, i was thinking that with the cost of cigarettes so high in Europe, (is it now EUR5 per pack?) it makes it more justifiable to spend a higher amount on ejuice. Here in SA its still about R30 per box, so with shipping costs filtered in, these premium juices appear more expensive for us compared to cigarettes. Just saying because its interesting....

@Tom, i was thinking that with the cost of cigarettes so high in Europe, (is it now EUR5 per pack?) it makes it more justifiable to spend a higher amount on ejuice. Here in SA its still about R30 per box, so with shipping costs filtered in, these premium juices appear more expensive for us compared to cigarettes. Just saying because its interesting....
absolutely. I am aiming to spend no more on gear and juices as I would have spent on stinkies. So, that works out nicely here, as I would have spent something like 200 Euros/month here. I can use something like 100 Euros for premium juice and still have another 100 Euros for gear. So, that would buy me 4x 30ml of 5Pawns or Bobas. For other US juices it would be like up to 6 30ml bottles (i.e. Captivape). I normally need 30-40ml of juice per week.

If I would plan that out in SA it would be considerably less....as stinkies are still very cheap in SA.

I really don't mind spending more than I would've on tobacco - I justify it as preventative medical care.

I really don't mind spending more than I would've on tobacco - I justify it as preventative medical care.

Hahaha, and just like any other medical care, it's not easy on the wallet. But also, you can't put a price on your health now can you.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Agreed on the preventative medical care comment @johan
That is totally true
- or at least a way to make us feel a bit better about our vape spend ;-)

Agreed on the preventative medical care comment @johan
That is totally true
- or at least a way to make us feel a bit better about our vape spend ;-)

I don't have any regrets on vape spend - nothing ended up in ash yet :)

I don't have any regrets on vape spend - nothing ended up in ash yet :)
Nope. I also have no regrets on spending. Its pure enjoyment. Its the same for a passionate cigar smoker. Just the vape is healthier.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9195 mit Tapatalk

Picked up a bottle of Grandmaster today.

Currently have my aero tank filled with it.
Vaping at 9.5w absolute bliss.
I can now see why the asking price. This stuff is sublime!

Can't wait for my Vamo to arrive so I can use the dripper on it at 15w.

Back