Five Pawns Mixology.

Oh, absolutely. My taste buds took me on a roller coaster ride. You will find what you love now, you might not like at all later on. So, do not stash up too deeply.

Roger that! And welcome back to having an avatar... but it's not quite the same as the badge. :confused:

So, with my cute little Dingo @TylerD sent me a few mls of each of the Mixology edition juices by 5Pawns. Thank you, Sir. Here then goes my review of the first of these.

Company: Five Pawns
Product Name: Sixty-Four
Product Image:
7buh3qS.jpg
??
Reviewer: @Matthee

Mod: K100 mechanical mod
Watts: 35 W

Atomiser: Igo-L dripper
Coil Resistance: 0.5 ohms
Wicking Material: Cotton

Strength: 6 mg
Price: Around R350 for 30 ml. Thus, about R11.66 per ml. An expensive juice.

Website blurb:
3Tr2IeL.jpg
??

Reviewer Notes:
wnatRMY.jpg
??

Score out of 10: 9 On the denizenx system: 5) holy freaking nom batman : this is super nom

Will you buy this again: Without a doubt

Last edited:
Super review @Matthee

Thanks - I like the way you did it over an evening and the next morning.
Wow, 35 Watts must be something indeed!
Probably what you need I suppose to get the most out of the 6mg?

Definitely one I would like to try, thanks @Matthee for sharing your views

Super review @Matthee

Thanks - I like the way you did it over an evening and the next morning.
Wow, 35 Watts must be something indeed!
Probably what you need I suppose to get the most out of the 6mg?

Definitely one I would like to try, thanks @Matthee for sharing your views
Yip, the 6 mg was why I went low ohms. Actually tasted this over a full day and the next morning - slowly learning from you about reviewing a juice.

Product Name: Fifth Rank
Product Image:
1Bm8r0N.jpg

Reviewer:
@Matthee

Mod: K100 mechanical mod
Watts: 35 W

Atomiser: Igo-L dripper
Coil Resistance: 0.5 ohms
Wicking Material:
Cotton

Website blurb:
mJVF6hZ.jpg

Reviewer Notes:
JlDJL0W.jpg

Score out of 10:
8 On the denizenx system: 4) nomnomnom : very nom

Will you buy this again: Maybe, need to spend more time with the juice. Less of a "refreshing" factor than Sixty-Four for me.

Last edited:
Superb @Matthee !

Your descriptions are brilliant. And I know how challenging the Five Pawns juices can be to describe.

Thanks for the reference ;-)

Agreed with @Zodiac - those taste buds of yours are still firing on all cylinders @Matthee!

Product Name: Castle Long
Product Image: You all know how these look like by now

Mod: K100 mechanical mod / Launcher V2
Watts: 35 W / 29 W

Atomiser: Igo-L dripper / Aqua RTA
Coil Resistance: 0.5 ohms / 0.6 ohms
Wicking Material: Cotton / Ekowool

Website blurb:
WRHZFN2.jpg

Reviewer Notes:
Tasted this juice over a period of 2 days. Description wise the website blurb is very accurate imo - I tasted all the flavours mentioned, the roasted almond least of all. The Bourbon aroma is most intense giving a tasty, full mouth feel. Throat hit on this one is light to medium for me. Good vapour production. Sweet, but not overly sweet - perfectly integrated flavours. Five Prawns really know what they are doing.

If Bourbon is your thing, this juice is for you.

Score out of 10: 8 On the denizenx system: 4) nomnomnom : very nom

Will you buy this again: No, an excellent juice, but not to my personal taste.

Product Image: You all know how these look like by now

Mod: K100 mechanical mod / Launcher V2
Watts: 35 W / 29 W

Atomiser: Igo-L dripper / Aqua RTA
Coil Resistance: 0.5 ohms / 0.6 ohms
Wicking Material: Cotton / Ekowool

Website blurb:
WRHZFN2.jpg

Reviewer Notes:
Tasted this juice over a period of 2 days. Description wise the website blurb is very accurate imo - I tasted all the flavours mentioned, the roasted almond least of all. The Bourbon aroma is most intense giving a tasty, full mouth feel. Throat hit on this one is light to medium for me. Good vapour production. Sweet, but not overly sweet - perfectly integrated flavours. Five Prawns really know what they are doing.

Score out of 10: 8 On the denizenx system: 4) nomnomnom : very nom

Will you buy this again: No, an excellent juice, but not to my personal taste.

Castle Long is my absolute Favourite of the Mixology range! I think its just devine :) Spot on review @Matthee

Reviewer Notes:

I just had my first session with the Castle Long.

My first impression (that was before I read your review @Matthee ).....different! Thats how subjective taste is.

I tasted mainly the roasted almond and a bit of coconut on the exhale. very much nutty this is. very pleasant.
But... I was really looking forward to the Bourbon flavour in it, and have not tasted it at all. Maybe it will still come thru after I vape this more. If it does I will comment on it. Maybe I cannot taste it because I had a really good Whiskey juice the other day, which was quite authentic. It even had the alcoholic flavour. So, the benchmark for Bourbon / Whiskey may be different now.

But I also always enjoyed roasted almonds, the ones you can get at fun fairs here. And that is where this juice is coming close. Not an ADV probably, might be too rich for that. But, hey....5P is a treat anyway.

Which one is more prefered by me...Gambit or Castle Long? It is Gambit still. That nice Apple Pie flavour is just so nice.

Lets see if my mind changes after vaping Castle Long this weekend!

hmm...not too sure if the Castle Long is what I expected. Its too rich, too nutty so far. I definitely enjoyed Gambit from the first vape...this one still has to grow on me. Lets see if it will. :sweating:

I just had my first session with the Castle Long.

My first impression (that was before I read your review @Matthee ).....different! Thats how subjective taste is.

I tasted mainly the roasted almond and a bit of coconut on the exhale. very much nutty this is. very pleasant.
But... I was really looking forward to the Bourbon flavour in it, and have not tasted it at all. Maybe it will still come thru after I vape this more. If it does I will comment on it. Maybe I cannot taste it because I had a really good Whiskey juice the other day, which was quite authentic. It even had the alcoholic flavour. So, the benchmark for Bourbon / Whiskey may be different now.

But I also always enjoyed roasted almonds, the ones you can get at fun fairs here. And that is where this juice is coming close. Not an ADV probably, might be too rich for that. But, hey....5P is a treat anyway.

Which one is more prefered by me...Gambit or Castle Long? It is Gambit still. That nice Apple Pie flavour is just so nice.

Lets see if my mind changes after vaping Castle Long this weekend!

What setup do you have this in?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

What setup do you have this in?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
Vanilla and Origen V2, dual coil @0.6 ohm

Do u suggest a different setup for it to become better? So far its ok...no ADV and would also not order again.

Vanilla and Origen V2, dual coil @0.6 ohm

Do u suggest a different setup for it to become better? So far its ok...no ADV and would also not order again.
Nope, that's pretty much how I would do it. Five pawns usually shines higher. You try tone it down a bit? Kayfun or something similar for a mouth hit and not a lung hit? My drippers I inhale dirrectly but it's a way different taste experience than my tank setups. I like complex stuff in the Kayfun, and simpler flavors in a dripper. For example, I'd stick a watermelon or mint in a dripper. It's simple. Something I want to taste I'd stick in a tank.

I agree, the lowest I can go with any of the Five Pawns is 0.7 Ohms, the sweet spot for me personally with them are about 1.2 Ohms

I love Gambit at low ohms dripped. But I will give Castle Long a try in the Kayfun as well

@Tom, maybe try it in a recoiled EVOD1 in the back of your drawer ;-)
he he

so...different setup: Kayfun with the SVD, the reason for the SVD is that the Kayfun is my travelling device in that combination and is coiled at 1.6 ohm. That would be too little wattage on the mech mods.

It makes a difference. On first impression it is better, it is not that rich anymore...u know, when the nutty flavour gets too much. Still not tasting the Bourbon. Will feedback later. Taking it out now, need to go shopping ;)

For me Absolute Pin and Queenside was ok, until I tried them on dual coils at 0.6 ohms in the Aqua, then they became divine.

My kayfun is never higher than 0.6 which is also my preference for a tank so we have something in common there. I like it hot!

I run drippers on 0.4 duals.
But there's a definite taste variation on how you inhale the two.
Kayfuns you taste in and out as you draw and keep the vapor in your mouth. So you get something on the inhale and the exhale which is sometimes the best way to taste the different layers. With a dripper I suck it straight on in and only get the flavor on the exhale. I really do enjoy both vapes and I'm a bit of a cloud chaser too so both have their place. I just wouldn't go too complex in a dripper with wide open dual 2mm airholes. You're not going to taste a thing until you exhale.

But these are just my personal experiences. Of course it may vary for others.

My kayfun is never higher than 0.6 which is also my preference for a tank so we have something in common there. I like it hot!

I run drippers on 0.4 duals.
But there's a definite taste variation on how you inhale the two.
Kayfuns you taste in and out as you draw and keep the vapor in your mouth. So you get something on the inhale and the exhale which is sometimes the best way to taste the different layers. With a dripper I suck it straight on in and only get the flavor on the exhale. I really do enjoy both vapes and I'm a bit of a cloud chaser too so both have their place. I just wouldn't go too complex in a dripper with wide open dual 2mm airholes. You're not going to taste a thing until you exhale.

But these are just my personal experiences. Of course it may vary for others.
i might recoil the Kayfun tomorrow. but then i have no more atty for the SVD. maybe its time for the back of my drawer :rolleyes:

Back