Flavour of the Week

Richio

- BLCK Flavour - BLCK.co.za
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
The world of flavours is a mystical one, with so many flavours with so many different names and acronyms. How do you choose? What will it taste like? What can I make with it? Each week, we'll choose 1 popular flavour and help give you a better understanding of what to expect from it.

ACAI (TFA)

Description: A cross between juicy blackberry and sweet raspberry notes with dark chocolate impact.
Use at 3 - 5% for a sweetish berry vape or add 1% to any fruit vape to give it that extra zest.
It tends to be quite overpowering when used with other flavours so always use at a lower percentage.
Some say it's the same flavour used in Rebel. All we know, it's just a beautiful berry flavour.

Recipe:
TFA Apple 5%
TFA Pomegranate 5%
TFA Acai 5%

Recipe Source: Reddit Credit: Caladriel

Last edited:
Lovely concept @Richio

Here we go, I can see these posts of yours making me want to get heavily into DIY
I am trying to resist, but its not easy

Aaaaaaahhhh :eek:

Last edited:
This is an awesome idea thank you very much @Richio this is what I expect from a supplier especially when it comes to diy flavours as some can be nasty. The recipe is it a shake and vape or steep usually fruits don't need much steeping time?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@kyle_redbull thanks. you can shake & use this flavour almost immediately. I actually made a mix this past weekend (10% acai with a 60vg/40pg mix) & I swear it tasted exactly like Rebel.

Last edited:
Awesome concept, this will help us get more of a feel for the flavours, rather than just guessing what the flavour is about and help out with the percentage guidelines :thumbsup:

@kyle_redbull thanks. you can shake & vape with this flavour. I actually made a mix this past weekend (10% acai with a 60vg/40pg mix) & i swear it tasted exactly like twisp rebel.
Nice bud no other flavours this is interesting I enjoyed Redbull from twisp

I will be following this thread closely :D

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@Richio is there any reason why my cart was suddenly empty this morning? I had queued up quite a few flavours and the cart was empty when I signed in.
I've since added back what I could remember I still need to check what's missing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tiramisu

Description: Tiramisu is an Italian dessert made of coffee syrup, cake, and marscapone cheese.
Tiramisu from TFA is quite a potent flavour, please don't even attempt to smell the bottle as the smell is strong enough to make you dump it BUT once you've figured out how to use this flavour, you'll enjoy it more and more with each passing day.
It's quite a complex flavour on its own but don't EVER vape it over 5%. You will literally die on the spot.
How to use it: Tiramisu should be used at a low percentage with 2 or 3 other creamier flavours to blend in its potent taste. Start at 0.5% and work up from there. Try not to exceed 4% unless you really love dry tasting coffee.
Similar to: Dark chocolate espresso
Is it for you: This flavour is more suited for those who enjoy strong coffee notes, if you into strong espresso type flavours, this might be just for you.
Steeping time: 3 weeks
Recipe 1:
Cheesecake Graham Crust (TFA) - 3%
Tiramisu (TFA) 0.5 - 1%
The above recipe has proven to be quite a hit.
Recipe 2:
Tiramisu (TFA) - 1%
Bavarian Cream (TFA) - 3%
French Vanilla (TFA) - 4%
Sweet Cream (TFA) - 2%
Recipe source:Reddit
Credit: captchronik17

Is it possible to do this with the cappuccino? Im just having bad tests with it

Hi @Kolashnikov
I am yet to find a perfect mix for the cappuccino, it's also such a strong flavour to work with. By going just a tad bit over 2%, you get a strong burnt taste.
This is the only recipe I've found which makes it taste somewhat decent:
Caramel Cappucino (TFA) 1 drop per 10ml
Cotton Candy (TFA) - 2%
Sweet Cream (TFA) - 5%
Sweetener (TFA) - 2%
Vanilla Swirl (TFA) - 4%

Last edited:
Hi @Kolashnikov
I am yet to find a perfect mix for the cappucino, it's also such a strong flavour to work with. By going just a tad bit over 2%, you get a strong burnt taste.
This is the only recipe I've found which makes it taste somewhat vapeable:
Caramel Cappucino (TFA) 1 drop per 10ml
Cotton Candy (TFA) - 2%
Sweet Cream (TFA) - 5%
Sweetner (TFA) - 2%
Vanilla Swirl (TFA) - 4%
I was using it at like 5%. That explains the burnt taste So it seems you just need to add a lot of sweet flavours to it because it is rather bitter.
Thanks for sharing :)

Bourbon

Description: Similar to kentucky bourbon flavor but with its own kick!
Bourbon from TFA has gotten all round good reviews. There's not much we can say about flavour as the name says it all. If you love bourbon, you'll love this flavour because of its authenticity.
Can be used as a single flavour mix at around 8 - 10% or you can pair it up with brown sugar, RY4 or tobacco and you'll have an awesome ADV.
Is it for you: This flavour is more suited to those who enjoy whiskey
Recipe:
Vanilla Bean Gelato - TFA - 10%
Gingerbread -TFA - 3%
Bourbon - TFA - 7%
Source: Unknown

Last edited:
This recipe reminds me of a dom Pedro

@Richio, what percentage do you think I will need to use for the shisha chai tea?

Last edited:
@Silent Echo
If you going for a single mix, start at 6 - 8% & work up from there. If you using it as undertone in a mix, go at 2%.
It's not an overly spicy flavour. It's a chai tea with subtle spices behind it, specifically cardamon. Personally one of the nicest tea flavours I'v tasted.

Blackberry Mojito

Description:
Blackberry Mojito is a well known cocktail for those summer days when you just want to relax in the sun and have something to sip on and make the experience a whole lot sweeter But how does the concentrate compare to the real thing? Flavor West have made quite a good rendition of this flavor which has proven quite popular locally and overseas. It's perfectly balanced and works well as a straight mix. If you want to add a twist to it, add in a touch of key lime or some berries to give it a whole new taste.
Is it for you: This flavour is more suited for those who enjoy sweet blackberry type flavours.
Steeping time: Shake and vape
Recipe 1:
Blackberry Mojito - FW - 12%
Sweet Raspberry - TFA - 6%
Key Lime - FW - 1%
Source: Unknown

Acetyle Pirazine

Description: Flavour Enhancer
Acetyl Pyrazine is best when used with bakery, cereal or nutty type mixes, but also works well with tobacco mixes. It gives your mix a nutty undertone, used with graham cracker this stuff is gold. But use with caution as it is quite potent. Don't use more than 1% or your juice will turn to burnt popcorn flavour. Even as much as 6 drops in 30ml can be overpowering.
Is it for you: This enhancer is more suited to those who enjoy that slight nutty undertone in there juices.
Steeping time: 1 week
Recipe 1:
Add 0.5% to bakery, cereal or nutty mixes.

Honeydew Melon II

ccaf7ee4-42b6-4659-a260-e269c23494a5_zpsfcpohoab.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Description: Honey dew melon II from TFA is one of those under rated flavours, only once you've tried it do you realize what an awesome addition this could be to your DIY arsenal. It's a spot on melon flavour and even though the name suggests it's something mellow, it's actually not. It has a sweet undertone but it's also a clean crispy flavour. Pairs well with pear and other summer fruits.
Is it for you: This flavour is more suited for those who enjoy fruity mixes, especially if you love cuttwood monster melons.
Use at: 4-5%
Steeping time
: Shake and vape
Recipe 1:
Cantaloupe - TFA/FW - 8%
Jackfruit - TFA - 1%
Watermelon Candy - TFA - 4%
Barvarian Cream - TFA - 2%
Honeydew - TFA - 6%
Sweet Cream - TFA - 2%
Source: Bofv

Back