Fun and useless information

Sean Connery turned down ''Gandalf'' in Lord of the Rings.
"I read the book. I read the script. I saw the movie. I still don't understand it."

DESTINATION : Drakensberg Mountain Range
If you want to see rock paintings in Africa, you have to visit the Drakensberg Mountain Range. There is more than 30,000 rock paintings .

South Africa is home to the largest ''green canyon'' in the world [ Blyde River Canyon] and this is the third largest canyon in the world.

''AFRICA''-name- came into use through the Romans. The word has roots in two different languages – Latin (“Aprica”) it means sun light, and in Greek (“Aphrike”)no cold. [Wiki]

In Japan, there is a huge population of young men called “Hikikomori” who never leave their bedrooms.
They refuse to interact with the rest of society, and rely on others to take care of them.

[:O This is waaaay out]

While social media is supposed to bring people together, studies have shown that going on Facebook too much makes people depressed. People become attached to the validation that comes with being popular on social media.[Factinate]

We Put a Man on the Moon-1969
Before We Put Wheels on Suitcases-1972.

Who said Humpty Dumpty was an egg ? it is never mentioned in the rhyme ...

Last edited:
MOST expensive Cigar: Gurkha Black Dragon
cigar.png

Price: $1,150 each

Introduced in 2006, these Honduran cigars arrive on your doorstep in a chest constructed out of camel bone. Unfortunately we regret to inform the cigar enthusiasts among you that only 5 chests were ever produced. [list.com]

Honduras.svg_-610x340.png

HONDURAS : According to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Honduras, home to about 8.25 million people, has by far the highest homicide rate of all countries in the world. Its unparalleled average rate of 90.4 murders per 100,000 people means that in this country, almost every 1,000th person is killed. [LIST.COM]

Some countries, [Germany and the Netherlands] piggy banks are given as gifts because they represent luck and good fortune. This is especially true on New Year’s Day, when a gift of a lucky pig is seen as a good luck charm for the coming year .The Money Box Museum in Amsterdam has a collection of over 12,000 piggy banks.
CBC

The Bloukrans Bridge is the highest bridge for bungee jumping in the world.
It is an arch bridge located near Nature's Valley, Western Cape, South Africa. Constructed between February 1980 and June 1983, the bridge stands at a height of 216m.

With more than 6 million trees in Johannesburg, it is believed to be the site of the largest man-made forest on earth and there are more Jacaranda trees - It is seen as an invader tree but existing Jacarandas do not have to be eradicated - in Johannesburg than in Pretoria [The Jacaranda city]

The biggest and oldest one-day marathon in the world, The Comrades , is run between Durban and Pietermaritzburg or vica-versa.

South African inventions include the Kreepy Krauly automatic pool cleaner, the CAT Scan, Heart transplants, Q20 lubricant, Pratley’s Putty, and the Smartlock Safety Syringe.

Mopeng gold mine [Gauteng] - deepest in the world . It extends over 4 kilometres (2.5 mi) below the surface, and is considered to be one of the most substantial gold mines in the world. It is also currently the world's deepest mine from ground level. The trip to the bottom of the mine takes over an hour.[WIKI]

-The Bank of Scotland, set up in 1695, is one of the three oldest banks in Britain. The other two are the Barclays and The Bank of England.
-New York City is the most populous city in the United States and the New York metropolitan area is one of the most populous in the world.

-The Texas State Fair is the largest in the U.S. It is estimated that almost 3.5 million people attended the fair in 2015.

-The Bank of Scotland, set up in 1695, is one of the three oldest banks in Britain. The other two are the Barclays and The Bank of England.
-New York City is the most populous city in the United States and the New York metropolitan area is one of the most populous in the world.

-The Texas State Fair is the largest in the U.S. It is estimated that almost 3.5 million people attended the fair in 2015.

3.5 million!
(People attending the Texas State Fair)
My goodness, that is a big number

Back