Geekvape Loop RDA V1.5

Timwis

Vaping Royalty
LV

Awards
Hi Ecigssa members, In this review i take a look at the Loop RDA V1.5 from Geekvape. The Loop RDA V1.5 was supplied for the purpose of this review by Carrie from Geekvape.

https://www.geekvape.com/project/loop-rda-v1-5/

Introduction

The Geekvape Loop RDA V1.5 is an updated version of the Loop RDA, and many will be interested if it's been improved and if so in what way. For those looking for a comparison between the original and the V1.5 i'm afraid i will disappoint because i have not used the original version of the Loop, although i can look at pictures of the original Loop and it's deck and come to assumed conclusions, that's all they would be assumptions. So this is a simple review solely looking at the V1.5 on it's own merits, so lets crack on.

In the Box

Contents:

1x Geekvape Loop V1.5 RDA
1x 510 Drip Tip Adaptor
1x Allen Key
1x BF Pin
1x GV Triangle Wrench
1x Hex Wrench
1x 810 Drip Tip
1X Spare parts
1x User Manual

Aesthetics

The Loop RDA V1.5 came in sample packaging and when you see the picture of what was included you may notice there is no manual but it will be present with the retail version. I received the Stainless Steel version, it's also available in Rainbow, Gunmetal, Gold, Black and Blue, the Blue version comes with a Blue 810 drip tip, the Black an 810 Black Delrin drip tip, all other versions including the Stainless Steel version i received come with an Ultem 810. The drip tip is low profile i also received another 810 Ultem drip tip with higher profile and a 510 adaptor, it's a standard 810 fitting so you can use other drip tips. The sleeve has some really well machined fine engraving on the top and bottom thirds, the centre third is a smooth move-able band which has "LOOP" engraved on the front and the other 3 sides have sets of 7 vertical airflow slits that are small towards the outsides of the 7's then increase in size towards the centres. The base has a protruding Gold plated 510 pin fitted ( a BF pin is also included), also on the base we have branding and safety stamps.

Loop V1.5 RDA Specs and Features:

Parameters:
Size: 24(D) x 34mm
Type: Single Coil/ Dual Coils RDA
Juice Well Depth: 5mm
Drip Tip: 810/510(with adaptor)
Thread: 510 thread

Features:
Unique W-shaped build deck
Selective single/dual coil building
Upgraded sieve airflow system
Arrayed airflow design provides precise control
One-piece airflow cap placed in a fixed position(ensure airflow in the correct position)
Compatible with both 810 and 510 drip tip
A BF(bottom feeder) pin included

Colours: Rainbow, Gunmetal, Gold, Black, Stainless Steel, Blue

The Airflow

I love the design of the side to bottom airflow on the Loop V1.5, the sleeve is 2 layers stuck together but with the centre outside section (a 10mm band) able to rotate independantely to the inside layer although it is quite stiff. The hidden inner layer has dual wide cyclops while the outer band which turns has tri airflow design. Each airflow section on the band is made up of 7 vertical slits which start small on the outside and increase in size has they get towards the middle. Having tri airflow on the band but dual on the inner layer where it lines up with the correct position on the deck (the sleeve locks in place, and is sealed with double o-rings) allows for having dual airflow set up with the middle airflow on the band left redundant or turning to line up the middle airflow with a single coil build and now the outer airflow sections will be redundant and the RDA will have airflow only one side. The airflow on the sleeve lines up with with gaping voids on the side of the deck which lead to underneath where you do your build. The deck is a "W" design and the airflow enters the deck through the holes in the outer and inner sides of the "W", so that's four sections 2 for each coil angled for maximum coverage. Each coil gets air from 7 airflow holes on the outer side and 3 from the inner side there is also 2 bigger airflow holes at the bottom of each "V" that makes up the "W" to give airflow directly to the bottom of the coil. The airflow system is described has side to bottom airflow but it's a bit more clever than that, to be accurate it's side to bottom and back to side airflow as the bottom and both outer and inner sides of your coils have airflow directed at them.

The Deck and Build

As already described the deck is a "W" design which is raised up allowing for both plenty of air and clever airflow system and also a very big juice well, 5ml sounds good but not over impressive but the well covers the entire area of the base section so holds a lot of liquid. Each of your coils will sit with the bottom half entering each "V" that makes up the "W". The post holes are at the top of the inner sections above the 3 airflow holes and you loosen and tighten your grub screws from the outer ends (the screws installed are flat heads but you get both flat head spares and a set of allen key heads). The coil legs automatically feed at an angle which will put your coils in roughly the right position, when happy tighten in place then if necessary use a coiling rod to adjust. Wicking on the Loop V1.5 is straight forward and with that large juice well area you can be quite generous. The Loop was not difficult at all to build on, if i was going to mark it for ease of build with 1 being a nightmare, 10 being super easy and 5 average, i would give it a 8 possibly even an 8.5.

My Experience Using the Loop V1.5 RDA

I used the Loop RDA V1.5 with the supplied BF pin, as i much prefer using RDA's for squonking and it suits squonking well. The design of the airflow does mean with a reasonable amount of care leaking while squnking isn't an issue and those use to squonking and how zealous they can be before having an issue will like the Loop V1.5. As i mentioned at the beginning of the review i have never used the original loop but of course i have seen pictures so know the changes are all to do with the airflow and the changes are not subtle.
If flavour was an issue with the original Loop (no idea if that was the case) then this will not just be an improvement but a massive improvement as i found the flavour with the Loop V1.5 excellent. The other thing to point out is despite having slits on the outside airflow control this has loads of air but very smooth as seems to be the case when you start using slits and holes rather than wide open slots. Personally liking a slightly restricted lung hit i had the airflow exactly half open, happy days!

Pros

Excellent machining
Aesthetically pleasing
Clever airflow design
Great flavour
Very Smooth airflow (however you have it)
Very good airflow adjustment, loads of air down to very restricted lung hit
Suited to squonking and dripping
Easy to build on
2 sets of spare grub screw (flat heads and allen)
Included BF pin
Standard 810 drip tips fit (comes with 2 ultem 810's)
510 adaptor
Airflow for dual or single build

Cons

Airflow adjustment band quite tight (should loosen in time)

I would once again like to thank Carrie from Geekvape for supplying the Loop RDA V1.5 for the purpose of this review.

https://www.geekvape.com/project/loop-rda-v1-5/

I know this is an old review, but thank you.

I have ordered one of these from Vape King at a very good price and am looking forward to building and using it. It sound just right for my after dinner cheesecakes and Banana custards. As you know I like my mechs and although my Recurve dual is a cracking RDA, it is better suited to a dual coil set up and the OHMs can get low for a single battery mech. I get nervous at .15 on a squonk. I am hoping a single .3 will produce good results.

Thanks for the above, but I need to clarify. I went to my favorite store in Brackendowns, I really enjoy the interaction there, Asked if they had stock, they said no but they can order me one, which they did while I was there.

In the mean time, they must have sold out online and could not fulfill the Brackendowns order. My fault to a point, I should have ordered from the online store.

Thanks for the above, but I need to clarify. I went to my favorite store in Brackendowns, I really enjoy the interaction there, Asked if they had stock, they said no but they can order me one, which they did while I was there.

In the mean time, they must have sold out online and could not fulfill the Brackendowns order. My fault to a point, I should have ordered from the online store.

It still shows as in stock on their online store though.

Big shout out to Stroodlepuff

They have searched and found me one, so I am a happy chappy. They will send it to the Brackendowns store for me.

Thank you to @Dela Rey Steyn and @DarthBranMuffin , appreciated.

Again, the measure of a company is how they deal with an issue. I think we have world class stores in SA

Ah , well there is that dream out the window, supplier said no stock after I ordered via the store.
I get that often, it's a bummer! Twice i thought i had secured the Rose only to get let down!

Back