Geekvape ZEUS Tank Coil Build? Best Coil Build?

@Room Fogger that was some solid time and effort spent there-thank you.

So,you say you get solid flavour that way?It really does make sense.
I am certainly going to try that out tonight or tomorrow at the latest and report back.Cant wait to get proper flavour out of this machine!
Definitely, my first try on the Zeus after having had it done in shop was an absolute failure, too much cotton, too long tails, no flavour.

Redid it 3 times in one night:D, visited uncle Google, worth the effort, and the flavour exploded. Actually commented to a Bud whether there was a thing like too much flavour! I think I am nearly at the end of the current coil, so the experiments coil wise will be starting soon, but the wicking will stay. More is less with this one, and I can live with some spitback, going to try @Spyro advise on a light purge before the big inhale. I have an idea that this is partly due to the long tails next to coil as well, and wicking speed with the looser wick.

Enjoy and let us know!

Morning guys

@Room Fogger i tried your advice and it did help substantially,but i think the coil is the problem with mine as the flavour is still extremely muted.
Im assuming that not all exotic builds are for the zeus as I havent seen anybody else posting that they've gotten good flavour with a flapton.

I will experiment again tonight with normal clapton and see where that takes me.
If that does not yield satisfactory results i will move to 26ga twisted.

Morning guys

@Room Fogger i tried your advice and it did help substantially,but i think the coil is the problem with mine as the flavour is still extremely muted.
Im assuming that not all exotic builds are for the zeus as I havent seen anybody else posting that they've gotten good flavour with a flapton.

I will experiment again tonight with normal clapton and see where that takes me.
If that does not yield satisfactory results i will move to 26ga twisted.
Good to hear that there was some improvement, I run a Fused Clapton in there and it is great. Please let us know what the outcome is with a new coil.

Wire and cotton play a huge role especially in RTA's. I would recommend a good coil to put there. Gasphase ni80 fused claptons should do the trick and maybe cotton bacon, native wicks or cotton candy collection. Streaky cotton cannot deliver the desired flavour in rtas. Its best used in a rda. Coil busters is also good to go for. The Gasphase coils there's plenty of good ones that vape stores keep. You can look for coil factor or coil company. If you going to build get your self a roll of vandy vape fused claptons in ni80. SS for some reason I feel it just gets too hot.

Well my wife has a Zeus rta and I have a 3^28g ni80 clapton with 36g ni80 4 wraps in it, and makes nice clouds but flavour is damm good.
Others I have tried that is almost the same is
3^26g ni80 alien with 36gni80
2^26g ni80 clapton with 36g ni80
26g ni80 stagerd clapton 36g ni80 and then take three pieces of the stagerd and fuse them with 36g ni80

Ps. These are diy coils I make with sanvick wire I buy from industrial suppliers.

Last edited:
Been using the Ammit 25 single coil for a few months and got the Zeus yesterday. After three different builds the flavour is nowhere near the Ammit, seems very muted.

Using a Fused clapton 3mm ID at 0.19 ohms @ 40w. Coil is parallel with the airflow chamber and centered. Cotton just above the juice well and properly thinned out. It sometimes also battles to wick fast enough and I get a bit of a dry hit.

Not very impressed thus far. Will try a few more builds but if I don't come right this tank will have to go to the cupboard and I'll revert to the Ammit.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Been using the Ammit 25 single coil for a few months and got the Zeus yesterday. After three different builds the flavour is nowhere near the Ammit, seems very muted.

Using a Fused clapton 3mm ID at 0.19 ohms @ 40w. Coil is parallel with the airflow chamber and centered. Cotton just above the juice well and properly thinned out. It sometimes also battles to wick fast enough and I get a bit of a dry hit.

Not very impressed thus far. Will try a few more builds but if I don't come right this tank will have to go to the cupboard and I'll revert to the Ammit.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk
Have a look at this and see if you are doing something different, the dry hits tell me you may be overwicking.
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/if-you-were-going-to-buy-an-rta.t46608/page-2#post-631458
Please let us know of the outcome, I mostly use the Zeus at night for my bakeries and puddings, but never a dry hit yet. Hope this may help

Thanks a lot Room Fogger. Just rewicked according to the link you sent and now it works like a dream. Much better flavour.

Seems the trick is thinning out the cotton a lot and making sure it's trimmed flush underneath the canal where the cotton lies. Previously my cotton touched the bottom of the juice well and I think it was struggling to wick through the cotton to the coil.

Thanks a lot Room Fogger. Just rewicked according to the link you sent and now it works like a dream. Much better flavour.

Seems the trick is thinning out the cotton a lot and making sure it's trimmed flush underneath the canal where the cotton lies. Previously my cotton touched the bottom of the juice well and I think it was struggling to wick through the cotton to the coil.
Pleasure and glad it helped, I had the same problem when I started, rwicked a couple of times after another in one night and hit the spot. This one does not like a long tail! Think the distance may have something to do with it. Many happy clouds to you.

Be there a way to run dule coils, with the kylin you can run it in 3 coil even though it is a 2 coil tank just curious

Hi guys

Has anyone tried a build with plain wire, like a 26ga ?
I love this tank and the flavour is amazing, but coming from a subtank mini and a goblin mini this tank is really thirsty. I normally use around 130 mls a month and i have just been through a full 100mls since i purchased this tank last week wednesday :eek:

Hi guys

Has anyone tried a build with plain wire, like a 26ga ?
I love this tank and the flavour is amazing, but coming from a subtank mini and a goblin mini this tank is really thirsty. I normally use around 130 mls a month and i have just been through a full 100mls since i purchased this tank last week wednesday :eek:
Hi @Idrees , what build are you running in there at the moment and at what wattage are you vaping. I haven't tried it myself, but I think your flavour may suffer a bit, the Claptons really boost it quite a bit. If you do fruit or menthol it may not be so noticeable. Unfortunately this is a thirsty tank, I am not sure if the change is going to bring down consumption, a higher resistance and a lower wattage will have to be played with to see if there is an impact. Play a bit and please give feedback, and if you have problems give a shout out, we will try to help if we can.

Hi @Idrees , what build are you running in there at the moment and at what wattage are you vaping. I haven't tried it myself, but I think your flavour may suffer a bit, the Claptons really boost it quite a bit. If you do fruit or menthol it may not be so noticeable. Unfortunately this is a thirsty tank, I am not sure if the change is going to bring down consumption, a higher resistance and a lower wattage will have to be played with to see if there is an impact. Play a bit and please give feedback, and if you have problems give a shout out, we will try to help if we can.

@Room Fogger Currently using the braided coil that came with the tank, flavour is excellent ! I only tend to vape fruity menthol flavours as all dessert flavours seem to have the same doughy taste to me. I will try a normal spaced build with 26ga and let you know how it goes, hopefully the flavour doesn't suffer.

Thanks for the assistance.

*Edit- Vaping at 40w currently

Always a pleasure if someone can help or be helped. Try SSteel as well if you have some, makes menthol and fruits taste quite crispy according to some.
RF

Oh and another thing I am struggling with it to get the top section of the tank apart, it just wont budge :FACEPALM:

Oh and another thing I am struggling with it to get the top section of the tank apart, it just wont budge :FACEPALM:

hi @Idrees I also struggled to get mine apart in fear of breaking the glass, until I saw @Room Fogger video and this gave me more of an idea what fits where, took me a minute thereafter to take it apart

My one is really stiff at the airflow i tried turning it and the cover for the airflow came off, i dont want to scratch the tank with a pliers, maybe I will try putting it in the freezer

My one is really stiff at the airflow i tried turning it and the cover for the airflow came off, i dont want to scratch the tank with a pliers, maybe I will try putting it in the freezer

leave the tank fully assembled, then remove the top cap, then the air flow ring, then hold the base (near the pin) in one hand, then with the other hand turn the top part where the airflow holes are counter clockwise firmly

Hi haven't had a chance to look at the forum till now, will definitely try tonight and revert back to you, thanks so much for all the assistance.

no problem man, cheers for now

Back