Getting Into The Mech Mod Side Of Things

@johan I did just now, but I think the ohm meter is broken as it just shows 0.0.0 even if I put the Protank or maxi bdc on there? So I don't want to risk it...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Check the battery inside the ohm meter, if its flat it will not give you a proper reading and might display what you described

Congrats on the new gear @Snape of Vape
Hope you get the ohm meter sorted so you can build your coil

I notice that on the ohm meter when you fit a protank it pushed the center pin down and the kayfun 510 connection is shorter than the coil sits in the protank

With that said, use a flat screwdriver and try to gently lift the centre pin on the ohm meter

Worked for me

Replaced batteries, still just 8.8.8. This is great... I think the coil might be fine though, doesn't seem to touch the base, 12 wraps on a 2mm drill bit with 28g kanthal

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

thats around 1.5ohms if im not mistaken

I guess I'll be buying a ohm meter from Builders warehouse then...

Bought an ohm meter, seems like 2.4ohm...

Difficult to describe to you guys the amount of frustration I had and coils I built, thinking I did something wrong, throwing the coil away cause the reading didn't work. Meanwhile the #@*&%* ohm reader wasn't working! Fffffffffffffffff

Bought an ohm meter, seems like 2.4ohm...

Difficult to describe to you guys the amount of frustration I had and coils I built, thinking I did something wrong, throwing the coil away cause the reading didn't work. Meanwhile the #@*&%* ohm reader wasn't working! Fffffffffffffffff

Put some pictures up on your coils, including inner diameter and quantity of wraps, and the guys here will sort you out in no time.

@johan thanks will definitely do that.

I tried some ekowool or such that I bought from vape mob but it didn't really want to bend and stay properly. Bought organic cotton balls from dischem today so will use some of that on next attempt when I find some time later.

Ok, dischem cotton worked for me, filled it up with some helios carmine.

Had some gurgling issues, adjusted airflow all the way open, changed my draw, working very nicely now on this chimney coil. Will try a dual coil when this tank gets empty.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Ok, dischem cotton worked for me, filled it up with some helios carmine.

Had some gurgling issues, adjusted airflow all the way open, changed my draw, working very nicely now on this chimney coil. Will try a dual coil when this tank gets empty.

Thanks for all the help guys!

Glad you got sorted!

@johan Thanks, so am I, was getting a little bit frustrated when I figured out that the ohm meter wasn't working, luckily the one I bought works great!

Someone mentioned that you shouldn't run the efest batteries under 3.7v? Should I charge when they reach that?

@johan Thanks, so am I, was getting a little bit frustrated when I figured out that the ohm meter wasn't working, luckily the one I bought works great!

Someone mentioned that you shouldn't run the efest batteries under 3.7v? Should I charge when they reach that?

The "broken" ohm meter might just be a simple problem i.e a dry-joint / bad solder connection, its worth checking it out.

Regarding the Efest batteries, you can go as low as 3.5V, but you will also immediately notice the vape- & flavour reduction when it discharge to around 3.7V

no i thin ist's dont run batteries lower than 3.2, at 3.7 is just where they start showing much less ooomph

Thanks @denizenx and @johan you guys have been very helpful!

No to finish this juice in here and try a dual coil with some cosmonaut!

I instantly regret filling the kayfun to the top with this helios... Great juice but want to try another coil and juice now. Damn you broken trident

Thanks @denizenx and @johan you guys have been very helpful!

No to finish this juice in here and try a dual coil with some cosmonaut!

I instantly regret filling the kayfun to the top with this helios... Great juice but want to try another coil and juice now. Damn you broken trident

Take most of the juice out from top with a syringe & needle, I'm not far from you, you are welcome to borrow a brand new original dripper if you want

@johan I'd really like that! You sure you won't need it? Is it at least fairly easy to build coils for?

@johan I'd really like that! You sure you won't need it? Is it at least fairly easy to build coils for?

You welcome to borrow it until you sorted out, its the original trident manufactured by Grand Vapor with proper airflow control - just pm me and I'l send you contact detail.

Thanks @johan just built my first "super Nano coil" from a drip trippers video.

This trident is pumping out flavour and vapor!!

So I'm planning on ordering some more things from fasttech. I'm looking for the following and I'd appreciate any suggestions.

- Mech mod, plain simple, no frills and engravings, or as little as possible.
- Nice vape storage case/box.
- Perhaps another RBA, anything to try other than Kayfun/Russian?

Perhaps you found something else that is interesting to add to my basket?

So I'm planning on ordering some more things from fasttech. I'm looking for the following and I'd appreciate any suggestions.

- Mech mod, plain simple, no frills and engravings, or as little as possible.
- Nice vape storage case/box.
- Perhaps another RBA, anything to try other than Kayfun/Russian?

Perhaps you found something else that is interesting to add to my basket?
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1608400 - magneto

May be up your alley

Back