Getting Into The Mech Mod Side Of Things

Nice options there man

Sent from deep within a vape cloud

Thanks @BhavZ. I think I'll be getting that, Russian 91/Kayfun 3.1 haven't decided which one. And then a nautilus aswell...

Get a magma dripper

@denizenx and @Andre do you guys have one? Is the telescopic screw in or how does that part work?
Thanks guys

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Quite a few members have the LauncherV2. I have one and love it to bits. Yes it screws in and out. A very solid mod, without an irritating locking ring. If you put it down, it stays put.

@Andre that makes it tempting. The nemesis has fired when I put it down, more than once now...

its my next mech mod purchase. reviews are excellent and it does look awesome. never been a fan of telescoping stuff but this mod converted me.

Same here @denizenx I worry about the telescopic part just irritating me, but I guess I'll just sell it then...

That's another one in the fasttech basket :/

@Andre that makes it tempting. The nemesis has fired when I put it down, more than once now...

This one cannot fire when you put it down. I do not like the Nemesis just from all the problems and complexities I have seen listed on this forum. Also check the review score of the LauncherV2 on Fasttech - very impressive. I only use at home so have never carried it in my pocket - do not know if that could be a problem as it does not have a locking ring.

@Andre is it also bottom firing? I'm also a home user or maybe out to a braai, but that's about it. Other things I take the spinner 2 and protank.

its my next mech mod purchase. reviews are excellent and it does look awesome. never been a fan of telescoping stuff but this mod converted me.
I only use it in 18650 mode, but it has a ring at the bottom, which you just take out for 18500 mode. The telescopic part you actually only use to slightly adjust to different lengths of 18650/18500 batts. The center pin is adjustable as is the firing button.

I have the Launcher V2 and love it to bits. It has copper pins and the 510 pin is adjustable.

The telescopic tube is really not an issue and it is solidly built. The switch is flush with the base so when you put it down there is no chance of it firing. Also the base of the mod is wider than the top of the mod which makes it more stable and less prone to topling over. Thanks to the adjustable 510 pin all my attys fit flush with the mod and the threads are smooth. If you so wish you can do a magnet conversion on the switch using OD10mmxID6mmx2mm ring magnets (still trying to source these magnets locally). The mod has quite a bit of heft to it and feels very solid in the hand. Even in 350 mode the vent holes are still visible so there is no concern around whether the mod will be able to vent when in 350 mode. The stock switch is smooth with a comfortable throw and the tension in the spring gives adequate feedback to let you know when it is depressed properly when vaping mindlessly.

The fact that the battery tube is slightly wider than the telescopic tube makes the device comfortable to hold in both 650 and 350 mode.

The above has been my experience with the V2 Launcher and the link to the one I purchased is here

Hope that helps.

Cheers @BhavZ and @Andre will definitely get one then. Do ft stock the magnets? I ordered 10 for nemesis as the 2 I had, 1 decided to snap in half

Do you have 1 or 2 magnets in the switch? I have been wondering if its worth buying another magnet so I dont have to fuss with the locking ring.

I have the Launcher V2 and love it to bits. It has copper pins and the 510 pin is adjustable.

The telescopic tube is really not an issue and it is solidly built. The switch is flush with the base so when you put it down there is no chance of it firing. Also the base of the mod is wider than the top of the mod which makes it more stable and less prone to topling over. Thanks to the adjustable 510 pin all my attys fit flush with the mod and the threads are smooth. If you so wish you can do a magnet conversion on the switch using OD10mmxID6mmx2mm ring magnets (still trying to source these magnets locally). The mod has quite a bit of heft to it and feels very solid in the hand. Even in 350 mode the vent holes are still visible so there is no concern around whether the mod will be able to vent when in 350 mode. The stock switch is smooth with a comfortable throw and the tension in the spring gives adequate feedback to let you know when it is depressed properly when vaping mindlessly.

The fact that the battery tube is slightly wider than the telescopic tube makes the device comfortable to hold in both 650 and 350 mode.

The above has been my experience with the V2 Launcher and the link to the one I purchased is here

Hope that helps.
Great description. See we have some more in the hardware review section: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/raivapes-launcher-v2-patriot-rda-omega-rda.1256/

Cheers @BhavZ and @Andre will definitely get one then. Do ft stock the magnets? I ordered 10 for nemesis as the 2 I had, 1 decided to snap in half

Unfortunately Ft does not stock the magnets need for the conversion in the Launcher V2, a lot of the UK guys were talking about Fat Daddy Vapes (I think that is the name of the place). I have tried to use the nemesis magnets in the launcher V2 but unfortunately the diameter of the hole is way to big and the magnets tend to flip over and attract each other.

If I can find a local retailer for the magnets I will post it here.

Do you have 1 or 2 magnets in the switch? I have been wondering if its worth buying another magnet so I dont have to fuss with the locking ring.
I run the magnet conversion on my nemesis with 2 bottom and 1 top magnet. With a Kayfun or an Aqua on top I have not had it fire on me when standing up. The throw is slightly shorter compared to that of the spring.

I'm using only 2, it fired... Will try the 2:1 thing then. I've got some family in the UK, can try to get them to ship us magnets?

I'm using only 2, it fired... Will try the 2:1 thing then. I've got some family in the UK, can try to get them to ship us magnets?

If they can get us magnets that would be awesome.

But will also try to source some locally.

There are local suppliers of neodymium magnets, you just have to drill them out yourself, not too hard too do.

Back