Glass wick

Just fished for two days in the blistering heat and am a bit broken so went to bed really early so woke up real early... Fishing for two days solid with nowhere to hide from the sun takes it out of you. Started filming for ASFN doing the bass show.

Wow that sounds nice apart from the heat issue. I had to get my quotes done before morning. When it's left for later then we'd have to wait for the week when clients can get together and chat and by the time they eventually get back, it's weekend again and a week has passed.

So I saw a few articles on silica and fiber glass wicks and decided to wick an ATTY and see what happens.
And also wanted to know what other vapers experiences are and it ended up where it is now.
So my question is do we leave this thread open for discussion or should we forget about it?

I'm too old to worry about the odd spat... having been on the internet since it's inception and even before on the online world of BBS's I have become adept of ignoring trolls and aggressive people. It's really easy... simply don't respond... it drives them crazy. :p

Report after report like this i am finding and nothing to redress the balance so i think it's a very bad idea!
Screenshot (246).png

isn't it dangerous ?
Some say yes and some say no. Apparently fiberglass wicks are still available.
Silica and fiberglass is both made from the same silica sand ,but silica is a more purer fibre with less additives

190641-8192ade6020d5ac05209b555a4a6bdb3.jpg

Even reading this makes me think this isn't great to be around and when this mentions breathing issues extra that's just being around it not in regard to vaping with it.

Silica and fiberglass is both made from the same silica sand ,but silica is a more purer fibre with less additives
Yes but they are different a small change can make a lot of difference and again Silica wasn't even mentioned till the second half of the thread just fibreglass.

And yes I am on fibre glass strands. That's what I did and I want to know. Why or why not???
If silica is also fibre glass but purer then considering the heat properties of both (among other qualities) fibreglass strands should then also be viable to use.???

B
And yes I am on fibre glass strands. That's what I did and I want to know. Why or why not???
If silica is also fibre glass but purer then considering the heat properties of both (among other qualities) fibreglass strands should then also be viable to use.???
But you have been given the answer over and over and the reasons but you don't seem to like the answer! And Silica isn't fibre glass it's silica which is the pure product and fibreglass uses 2/3 silica sand but then other compounds making it a different material it quite clearly says that in what you just posted. Silica handles twice the temperature than Fiberglass does so how are they the same?

The wool is what's getting the complaints. More people had reactions to the wool as the strands are not as fibrous (wool like) and tend to break apart less.
Those that's been exposed to the cloths and stranded fibres had less reactions

Another reason nothing to do with health issues is it has low absorption levels which possibly explains why people use to get more burn't hits and taste back 8 years ago when i started vaping and that was silica i believe Fiberglass is even less absorption because of the added plastic compounds!

Another reason nothing to do with health issues is it has low absorption levels which possibly explains why people use to get more burn't hits and taste back 8 years ago when i started vaping and that was silica i believe Fiberglass is even less absorption because of the added plastic compounds!

But there is a but. It was more acceptable as a MTL wick. The issues came with upgraded and sub ohm devices and that's where it got lost.
Other wicking materials got introduced and tested and fibre was left behind

But there is a but. It was more acceptable as a MTL wick. The issues came with upgraded and sub ohm devices and that's where it got lost.
Other wicking materials got introduced and tested and fibre was left behind
Not sure with Fiberglass but definitely Silica was used in the old disposable cleromisers that were used on Ego batteries and take more than 2 vapes in quick succession and that was a burn't hit and it never recovered from giving a burn't taste and that was MTL with 1.6ohm coils

Then that lead me to rayon, of which I don't have, cotton and hemp another material that needs to be discussed.Screenshot_20200222-061421~2.png

Then that lead me to rayon, of which I don't have, cotton and hemp another material that needs to be discussed.View attachment 190606
Believe me Silica wicks give a dry hit so easy which gives a nasty burnt taste which once replenished with e-liquid doesn't go away, i started vaping when their was no alternative and vaped through those times!

@zadiac maybe this thread should be deleted before someone with no common actually tries it?

As someone said once: "To clean the gene pool, remove the warning labels. Natural selection will take care of the rest".

If anyone is stupid enough to vape on fibreglass (think about it: glass, fibre) then let them do it. Anyone with half a brain should be able to deduct that it cannot be safe to vape on fibreglass. Done.

just use normal cotton dude, no need for crazy shit

Back