Glass wick

I don't need to see screen grabs i had an education which included Chemistry and i just can't talk to a brick wall anymore it's like someone's saying 2+2=5 and just can't accept it's incorrect. Fiberglass just includes silica sand in it's make up but has other compounds added making it "COMPLETELY" a different material and then you show screen grabs confirming that but making an opposite argument, those screen grabs (if you like what you are using as your evidence) are agreeing with me not you. Christ if you were a defence lawyer every client would hang and half of them were only up for shoplifting!

Fibreglass scares me too and those using the word idiot (which i never despite getting multiple dislikes) i think only put that in the concerned way as it looked from the opening picture @Resistance was using Fibreglass and despite not using the term sorry but after all the debate and concerns over Fiberglass back in 2012 my personal view is anyone using it is an idiot and dicing with their health. If you read the whole thread there was no mention of Silica until later in the thread to move the goalposts originally only Fibreglass was mentioned once Silica was bought up it then turned into more of a debate as these things should be.
A lot of disagree button used yet no one actually speaking in favour of Fibreglass i would find it interesting to know their thoughts as it seems to be about 100% against fibreglass in response to @Resistance question about it but i don't seem to see anyone speaking in defence of it just being trigger happy with the dislike button. I don't tell people to go piss in their local river when they use the dislike button because that's what it's their for although that's what was said to me when i used the button (and if the person in question didn't get a warning i would like to know why not?). The only use of the dislike button i don't like in this case is by one member simply based on the fact when investigating seem to have over a thousand posts in "giggles" and "Dirty laughs" but contributes zero on vaping related matters!

@Timwis firstly I am entitled to use my dislike button as I see fit. Secondly if u have any fingers to point don't pussy foot but refer to me by name, let's not hold back now. 3rdly this is a thread where ideas get bounce off one another. It not a thread where a certain few feel the need to be insulting and demeaning to others. If u don't agree with something someone has said nor like wat they have said there is a nicer way to air ur opinion than being mean and insulting and if I don't like your response to what people have said I have the right to dislike ur comments. I'm not into the technical side of vaping as I vape coz I just bloody enjoyed it. Love the flavors love thr sexy mods... Further than that my interest stops. And yes I don't comment on things discussed I do read to educate myself further on the technical side of vaping and most times is because some vapers claim to know everything just because they have better gear, constant vape mail, do reviews and is just plain snobs.
I prefer to do the jokes there everyone is on the same level nobody is disrespecting or insulting and even if you are it's called giggles and dirty jokes.
Also on this topic @zadiac as a moderator should be careful how you comment because it looks as if you're biased and couldnt allow your friends to have all the fun whereas u cud have just commented by saying it's extremely dangerous and you wudnt advise it or that it's not advisable and stay neutral. This is why alot of members left the forum because of being disrespectied by other members and moderators taking sides. This also happened with the clone thread in the battle of the clones!

I don't need to see screen grabs i had an education which included Chemistry and i just can't talk to a brick wall anymore it's like someone's saying 2+2=5 and just can't accept it's incorrect. Fiberglass just includes silica sand in it's make up but has other compounds added making it "COMPLETELY" a different material and then you show screen grabs confirming that but making an opposite argument, those screen grabs (if you like what you are using as your evidence) are agreeing with me not you. Christ if you were a defence lawyer every client would hang and half of them were only up for shoplifting!
Ignorance is bliss you're not the only one with an education but you seem to be on the side of things where someone only get to learnt a basic amount of things in their life.
Like a painter that can't varnish a door, like a Doctor student that couldn't pass the Dr's exam and was left to do chemistry.

Last edited:
@Silver please edit the title of the thread so it can be left open for the discussion of different wick material instead of having a group of people focus on the word fibreglass.

I'm hoping this is a hoax.... cause if you think this is a good idea you are an idiot....

@Daniel and I think you just rude and insulting!

Is this how u have a mature discussion...

Damn that I wud hate to be a fly on ur wall when things get said that's not to ur liking or agreement!

I am quite sure u cud have responded in a more mature and nicer way!

@Timwis firstly I am entitled to use my dislike button as I see fit. Secondly if u have any fingers to point don't pussy foot but refer to me by name, let's not hold back now. 3rdly this is a thread where ideas get bounce off one another. It not a thread where a certain few feel the need to be insulting and demeaning to others. If u don't agree with something someone has said nor like wat they have said there is a nicer way to air ur opinion than being mean and insulting and if I don't like your response to what people have said I have the right to dislike ur comments. I'm not into the technical side of vaping as I vape coz I just bloody enjoyed it. Love the flavors love thr sexy mods... Further than that my interest stops. And yes I don't comment on things discussed I do read to educate myself further on the technical side of vaping and most times is because some vapers claim to know everything just because they have better gear, constant vape mail, do reviews and is just plain snobs.
I prefer to do the jokes there everyone is on the same level nobody is disrespecting or insulting and even if you are it's called giggles and dirty jokes.
Also on this topic @zadiac as a moderator should be careful how you comment because it looks as if you're biased and couldnt allow your friends to have all the fun whereas u cud have just commented by saying it's extremely dangerous and you wudnt advise it or that it's not advisable and stay neutral. This is why alot of members left the forum because of being disrespectied by other members and moderators taking sides. This also happened with the clone thread in the battle of the clones!
Of course you can even if when i used it just once i was told to go piss in the river by the one who made the comment but maybe that's because i'm British because i didn't see anyone commenting on that if it was the other way around i would of got slaughtered. You had a go at me so if you give you should be able to take. You have been a member for 2 years so shouldn't you be contributing instead of just posting on the off topic threads after all it's a vaping site. Those off topic threads on any other forum i'm a member of are for a bit of relaxation but if people are just using them and not giving back it seems very selfish!

Screenshot_20200222-175028.png screen grab time and a link for those that's interested

Of course you can even if when i used it just once i was told to go piss in the river by the one who made the comment but maybe that's because i'm British because i didn't see anyone commenting on that if it was the other way around i would of got slaughtered. You had a go at me so if you give you should be able to take. You have been a member for 2 years so shouldn't you be contributing instead of just posting on the off topic threads after all it's a vaping site. Those off topic threads on any other forum i'm a member of are for a bit of relaxation but if people are just using them and not giving back it seems very selfish!
If the hobbies thread keeps people from smoking then why should they feel the need to do something that doesn't appeal to them?
Any post on any thread is a contribution to the forum and not just the ones that we think makes sense.

@Silver please edit the title of the thread so it can be left open for the discussion of different wick material instead of having a group of people focus on the word fibreglass.
Look not just at the title but your opening post. It seems you are trying to make out the participants changed the thread into focusing on Fiberglass when it was more than clear that's what you started the thread about!

If the hobbies thread keeps people from smoking then why should they feel the need to do something that doesn't appeal to them?
Any post on any thread is a contribution to the forum and not just the ones that we think makes sense.
How exactly does a Minion picture for example contribute to a vaping forum?

@vicTor.
This was supposed to be a lekka thread to discuss wicks and wicking issues with all the different brands of fibre cotton being introduced to the market.
I have done some reading on other forms about fiberglass wicks. And all of them was discussed as to the pros and cons and the why's and why nots.
I never thought that it can't be done here on this forum ,because some the the vapers on this forum are from the original era that switched to vaping on its inception. Before the mainstream sub ohm era.
In those times silica was the preferred wick.
So technically whomever vaped on silica has also vaped on fibreglass as silica is a purer form of it.
So basically I just thought it would be a nice discussion on the topic.

not fighting boss, concerned for your health, that's all

not fighting boss, concerned for your health, that's all
Just handbags Tyson and Wilder now that will be a fight! Threads like this happen on other forums all the time and are no different but are classed as friendly banter even with the odd insult thrown in but for some reason people are so touchy on here and take offence far too easily, those that used the term idiot i'm sure only did so in a concern for health and not to insult and that's how it would of been took on other forums but for some reason it's like a pressure cooker!

I thought this forum was created to educate people on vaping and all that it entails and to also help new vapers that are struggling to quit smoking.

If ur contribution is to insult people may I ask wtf are u actually contributing then... Coz it wud seem that all u doing is putting people off by being condescending and demeaning. People wud be too afraid to ask or voice thr opinions coz of people like u.

Show me where I had a go with u.. Pls screen grab. U started this so u shud be able to take watever comes UR way!

I vape a simple setup and I am content. I don't need a super setup or part of any hype train to be part of the forum and I don't want to or need to know everything about mods and tanks. That doesn't appeal to me. So why should I comment on things that dont appeal me. A simple mod and a simple tank and a few jokes makes my day and keeps me vaping. Or should I quit because you don't like me not posting in every thread???
If you're wrong then your wrong don't look for people to argue with.

@vicTor.
This was supposed to be a lekka thread to discuss wicks and wicking issues with all the different brands of fibre cotton being introduced to the market.
I have done some reading on other forms about fiberglass wicks. And all of them was discussed as to the pros and cons and the why's and why nots.
I never thought that it can't be done here on this forum ,because some the the vapers on this forum are from the original era that switched to vaping on its inception. Before the mainstream sub ohm era.
In those times silica was the preferred wick.
So technically whomever vaped on silica has also vaped on fibreglass as silica is a purer form of it.
So basically I just thought it would be a nice discussion on the topic.

You are generally right, "silica wick" and/or "fiberglass wick" are the same thing, with the full name "silica glass fiber wick". "Silica glass fibers" are being treated and/or blended with a varety of materials for different purposes (sometimes even during producion of actual fibres), and thereafter sold as "fiberglass" xxx products.
I think the main reason for the confusion is that some "fiberglass" products have earned a bad reputation in the past (not without a reason), so manufacturers and resellers are sometimes avoiding that name and simply call it silica.
That could be why some people are reacting so emotionally.
Nearly everyone who started vaping 4-5 + years ago had some encounter with silica glass fiber wicks.
For me they've worked just fine with high PG juices and on the low power devices (eg "Liqua" 70PG/30 VG "Evod" battery and "Protank 3" mini).
As I've started moving to higher VG juices, I wasn't so happy anymore.
You still have to be careful when getting silica wicks and check them for contaminants (eg wax, plastic polymers, ...). Almost all of them are being made in China and lot of them are going out with no quality control of any kind.
As far "the good, the bad and the ugly" go:
The good: very high thermal stability (and potential for further development of the other attributes)
The bad: lower absorption capacity compared to cotton
The ugly: lower quality fibres could be very brittle, lose structural integrity and potentially harm you

I stand by my post. The thread was titled "Glass wick" and fibreglass was mentioned in the first post. If the thread was differently titled and silica wick was discussed, then my post would have been different. I didn't target anyone specifically. If a friend wanted to vape on fibreglass, I'd call him stupid as well, because it is. I'm done here.

Look not just at the title but your opening post. It seems you are trying to make out the participants changed the thread into focusing on Fiberglass when it was more than clear that's what you started the thread about!

The thread is called glass wick.
Yes it's about fibreglass
No the title change is for people that don't understand the opening posters idea for the thread and started with insults.
The question remains .the good the bad and the ugly. No one showed proof it's bad. I showed proof that it's viable. Members said they won't do it.
So yes the thread is still about fibreglass but with the addition of other wick blends.

Just handbags Tyson and Wilder now that will be a fight! Threads like this happen on other forums all the time and are no different but are classed as friendly banter even with the odd insult thrown in but for some reason people are so touchy on here and take offence far too easily, those that used the term idiot i'm sure only did so in a concern for health and not to insult and that's how it would of been took on other forums but for some reason it's like a pressure cooker!

If you did a review on a product and all the following comments was that you're an idiot,
You're using half your brain,
And a moderator is called in and calls you stupid.
I guess your next review would be world class.

And all I did was disagree & dislike what you said to @Resistance but you are now forcing me to verbalise my comments.
I guess you win. You got me to comment out of my normal threads... Lol I guess I am now contributing!

I thought this forum was created to educate people on vaping and all that it entails and to also help new vapers that are struggling to quit smoking.

If ur contribution is to insult people may I ask wtf are u actually contributing then... Coz it wud seem that all u doing is putting people off by being condescending and demeaning. People wud be too afraid to ask or voice thr opinions coz of people like u.

Show me where I had a go with u.. Pls screen grab. U started this so u shud be able to take watever comes UR way!

I vape a simple setup and I am content. I don't need a super setup or part of any hype train to be part of the forum and I don't want to or need to know everything about mods and tanks. That doesn't appeal to me. So why should I comment on things that dont appeal me. A simple mod and a simple tank and a few jokes makes my day and keeps me vaping. Or should I quit because you don't like me not posting in every thread???
If you're wrong then your wrong don't look for people to argue with.
Exactly so after 2 years shouldn't you be doing that? I didn't call @Resistance an idiot i am concerned for his health using Fibreglass but he was given the answer to his question by many but didn't like the answer. And if for example someone says Fiberglass is a form of silica why should i agree when that is inaccurate, how is that me being condescending and demeaning?

Stainless steel wire rope from brights hardware, but you still need cotton for the "last mile".
So a lot more hassle for not much gains.
Yeah but the rods look kind of cool through the glass!

I stand by my post. The thread was titled "Glass wick" and fibreglass was mentioned in the first post. If the thread was differently titled and silica wick was discussed, then my post would have been different. I didn't target anyone specifically. If a friend wanted to vape on fibreglass, I'd call him stupid as well, because it is. I'm done here.

Wel you're not my friend and I'll call you ignorant and have probably vaped on fiberglass in the past but refuses to acknowledge it... Now I'm done!!!

The thread is called glass wick.
Yes it's about fibreglass
No the title change is for people that don't understand the opening posters idea for the thread and started with insults.
The question remains .the good the bad and the ugly. No one showed proof it's bad. I showed proof that it's viable. Members said they won't do it.
So yes the thread is still about fibreglass but with the addition of other wick blends.
You showed nothing in relation to it being used in vaping other than great concerns being raised. I showed a grab that had concerns simply being around it using it for vaping would increase those concerns!

Back