Goliath V2 : Builds and Wicking

Yiannaki

Vaping Addict
VIP
LV

Awards
So with the Goliath v2 just releasing in SA I would like to get a thread going to discuss builds, wicking, troubleshooting and general thoughts.

I'll start with some initial thoughts/impressions.

Pros:

- The plug to convert it to single coil is great. Fits in easily and I haven't had any leaking issues.

I love the fact that they included this and for me , it was the biggest selling point.

- I also like the inclusion of the ROCC heads which will be nifty to have if one doesn't have time to rebuild. Pop it in, juice it up and you're ready to go. It adds versatility to the device which is great.

I did not use it for very long but the flavour off the ROCC coil was not bad at all.

- The flavour I'm getting with the standard RBA base is fantastic. Miles ahead of the subtank with the RBA base and from my initial impression, better than the lemo 2.

The vape is certainly warmer than something like the lemo 2 which I'm assuming is attributed to the smaller chamber and shorter chimney. Which I'm also guessing is the reason that the flavour seems more full bodied.

- The airflow is also very customisable and easy to use. Stiff enough to make sure it doesn't just move when putting it in your pocket and loose enough to be easily adjusted.

At its widest setting it's very airy and I'm sure will please those who enjoy lots of airflow.

I have found a enjoyable draw with a balance between good flavour and vapor production which is with the afc halfway open. For comparison, with the afc half open, it's the equivalent to a lemo 2 wide open.

- It holds 5ml of juice and one can pull their build out without having to empty the tank.

Cons:

-The build quality is average. The threads are very tight and I had issues when tightening down the chimney a little too much. If I tried to unscrew it, it would unscrew the deck from the base. Then I would have to grab a pliers to hold a part of it down to remove it.

- The threading to get the deck section off is incredibly tight. So much that it's actually a pain to get off. Lol. I am hoping it will loosen over time

- The juice flow control ring is also very difficult to use. It has a smooth finish and so there's nothing to grip onto with your fingers to rotate it. It's even more tricky If you have a little juice on your fingers.

- The chimney piece is a one solid part. I would have preferred it to be two parts like most rebuildable tanks are.

Overall : I am really impressed with the flavour from this tank. I hope that the threads will loosen over time in order to be able to get the base out more easily.

I am currently running the following build in mine (forgot to take pics because I was so excited but promise to show some soon)

Single Coil
26g Ni200
2.5mm ID
9 Wraps (Spaced)
0.072 ohms
Koh Gen Doh Wick ( wick sitting slightly in the channels )

cf99b2812411add4be797b5fb97e0c49.jpg

Last edited:
I think this will be a chicken dinner for you @Rob Fisher :D if u can look past the fiddley - ness.

Once filled, the vape is epic!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ooooo Fiddley... don't like the sounds of that... but after the Monster with it's single coil and great flavour I have realised that single coil is my happy place....

I need to build a nickel single coil for my SX... will the Goliath be the one? I'm gonna try a nickel build when I next redo the Monster as well...

Ooooo Fiddley... don't like the sounds of that... but after the Monster with it's single coil and great flavour I have realised that single coil is my happy place....

I need to build a nickel single coil for my SX... will the Goliath be the one? I'm gonna try a nickel build when I next redo the Monster as well...
I think the goliath has a small learning curve. but nothing you can't manage.

I have run a nickel build for @Paulie in his monster v2 and it was amazing! don't forget to post pics!

If u want single coil builds and the option to build dual coil with more airflow and bigger juice capacity then go for the Goliath v2.

Great tank I must say, just need the threads lubricated well.

Issues at first was wicking and dry hits, got that right and then im getting leaks through the afc need to figure this one out

I will post a detailed review soon i want to keep using this for a while to see if its issues that are based on being new or just common.

So far i can agree with the above.

Thank for the superb writeup @Yiannaki
Your knowledge on these things is fantastic and your way of getting it across is also excellent!

@Yiannaki you need to move to Durban... I need you to show me stuff before I dive in and start playing!

Got my Goliath 2 today and was anxious to give it a go so I took one of the premade coils and stuck it in... it's a different style tank and despite reading the meagre instructions it's not very clear... I put in some Traditional Juice - Lola and then fiddled with the drip tip and the build quality of this device leaves a lot to be desired! Actually it's pretty crap! Had to replace the drip tip because the kak O-Ring got buggered in one move... the threads are also not great... then trying to work out if the juice is on or off isn't that obvious... so my first hit was a dry hit of note! Oh sheezzzz... read the instructions again and try and work out how to turn on the juice because moving the ring was too easy... finally got it right... what an awesome VAPE! Cloud production and flavour is awesome!

Was a bit too hot for me at 30W so moved it down to 20W...back up to 25W... perfect... wow the flavour is too good! And it's the first time I have even tried Lola from Traditional Juices (A refreshing hibiscus tea infused with strawberries)... Thanks for the recommendation @Genosmate! :)

@Yiannaki I assume I just screw off the top (with the drip tip) and fill it from the top?

All in all a very nice tank! Happy I bought it!

@Yiannaki you need to move to Durban... I need you to show me stuff before I dive in and start playing!

Got my Goliath 2 today and was anxious to give it a go so I took one of the premade coils and stuck it in... it's a different style tank and despite reading the meagre instructions it's not very clear... I put in some Traditional Juice - Lola and then fiddled with the drip tip and the build quality of this device leaves a lot to be desired! Actually it's pretty crap! Had to replace the drip tip because the kak O-Ring got buggered in one move... the threads are also not great... then trying to work out if the juice is on or off isn't that obvious... so my first hit was a dry hit of note! Oh sheezzzz... read the instructions again and try and work out how to turn on the juice because moving the ring was too easy... finally got it right... what an awesome VAPE! Cloud production and flavour is awesome!

Was a bit too hot for me at 30W so moved it down to 20W...back up to 25W... perfect... wow the flavour is too good! And it's the first time I have even tried Lola from Traditional Juices (A refreshing hibiscus tea infused with strawberries)... Thanks for the recommendation @Genosmate! :)

@Yiannaki I assume I just screw off the top (with the drip tip) and fill it from the top?

Nicely done skipper!

It's such a different tank from the usual. I spent a good 30 minutes just trying to figure out how it worked. Lol

With regard to refilling. Think billow 2 style. The base unscrews which will also pull out your deck and then you refill through the two rounded corner rectangular slots.

afc310c2582e09448330b779a9e3f1f6.jpg

Make sure your juice flow control is wide open when doing so in order to make sure you have enough space to refill.

5828b1f6d854f35d0ea254948bd0cf05.jpg

Lol, great stuff @Rob Fisher. I decided to try the Goblin Mini first - looked less daunting than the Goliath. But, did try to get that juice control to turn - agree a real pita. Next on my list to try.

Lol, great stuff @Rob Fisher. I decided to try the Goblin Mini first - looked less daunting than the Goliath. But, did try to get that juice control to turn - agree a real pita. Next on my list to try.

I have resisted the Goblin Mini but no doubt will weaken as the days go on. ;-)

I call dibs if, for some unknown reason, you don't want it anymore Uncle Rob :rolleyes:

Bought my Goliath V2 from VapeMob

Thanks to @RevnLucky7 for explaining to me how this tank works :rock:. I done a build last night and nailed it 1st time round. Great flavour good clouds, just a BEAST of a TANK.:censored: me she is juice hungry.

Dual Coil
26ga Kanthal A1
2.5mm ID
8 wraps
@0.5Ω
koh gen do Wick

Goliath V2.jpg

What most people refer to as the juice control is not actually the juice control.
This is just a open and close juice holes nob, nothing more really.

To regulate juice control you need to hold what you currently think of as the juice control and unscrew (turn counter clockwise) it slightly (about half a turn for max VG juice) from the base so that the shaft opens up the juice feeding channels. If you spin too much it will wobble so stop just before and the tank remains solid.

Hope this explanation makes some sense and helps some. It's because of this function and the streamlined look that the threads are stiff and don't spin easily. If it did it wouldn't work as well as it does. It's the easiest little monster, to build and feed once you know exactly how. Hein and I are both sending Milkman through it with no issues at all.

Got the Goliath this afternoon, thanks to Mo at VapeMob, this tanks is a beast. Kept the ROCC coils in for two tanks, which went incredibly fast and just had to try the rba deck. Here's my vertical build, 24g 14wraps 3mm id, came to 0.8ohm. Flavour is amazing and clouds are off-the-hook, wicked with Japanese cotton

Attachments

• 20150807_200709.jpg
    20150807_200709.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 79
My journey with the Goliath V2 so far.

Bit of a learning curve as @Yiannaki said in the OP. I certainly did a few things wrong on the first go. Assembled it from the bottom up with their 0.5 ohms stock coil, top filled it and then screwed on the very top part. No juice flow at all because (1) with this way of assembly the deck house completely closes the deck and no juice can flow in and (2) the juice flow slots were incorrectly positioned and only moved from closed to still closed! Ok, so watched a YouTube video, fiddled a bit. Got it more or less right and vaped. Great vape on the stock coil. No dry hits. Vaped between 30 and 40 W. But got quite a bit of leaking via the air slots at the bottom. Probably the way I assembled and filled and not a dud coil unit.

Yesterday decided to build the RBA deck. Dual coils, 2.5 mm ID, 7 wraps each of 27 g Kanthal A1 - gave me 0.61 ohms. Wicking was really easy and fuss free. Inserted the Cotton Bacon V2, Cut it following the circle of the top deck. Gave it some juice and made sure some wick was in the top notches of the juice channels - no consistency required here. Filled from the bottom via the juice control slots with a syringe. Screwed on the RBA deck (as screwed into the AFC part). Onto my mod. Heavenly vape - awesome flavour. Took it up to 40 W - still perfect wicking. Not a bit of moisture or leaking in sight since yesterday and after about 3 ml of juice.

Did notice on the stock coil head there is an o-ring at the top of the threading, which the RBA deck did not have. Removed that o-ring and put it onto the RBA deck as a precaution before screwing it onto the AFC part.

I am much impressed with this tank so far, especially since I got to know it better. Only been vaping World Wonders Table Mountain (aka Herzoggie) in it till now. Next step is to try some other juices in the Goliath.

Here is my build after about 3 ml of juice went through the system.

mKESVqI.jpg
RCn7tfr.jpg

Hey guys, i just want to know if anyone had built a vertical coil for this RTA, thinking of trying it tonight, fingers crossed

Hey guys, i just want to know if anyone had built a vertical coil for this RTA, thinking of trying it tonight, fingers crossed

Not that I know of bud. I believe it has been done on the billow v2 before.

So it looks like you will be the first among us to do a vertical build on the goliath v2. So we're gonna need lots of pictures as well as some feedback on the experience vs horizontal coils :D

Just bought one of these after trying one over the weekend - have been toying with the idea of this or the Billow V2 for weeks, in fear of not enough airflow and which has more. After trying though, I am shocked at how much airflow this has vs the Atlantis V2, and the Billow has that curved tank, which I will break the day I get it. Super excited to slap a build in this baby!

Just bought one of these after trying one over the weekend - have been toying with the idea of this or the Billow V2 for weeks, in fear of not enough airflow and which has more. After trying though, I am shocked at how much airflow this has vs the Atlantis V2, and the Billow has that curved tank, which I will break the day I get it. Super excited to slap a build in this baby!

Great purchase @jl10101 :D The goliath v2 is a super tank!

Don't forget to report here once you've coiled, wicked and vaped on it :rock:

Great purchase @jl10101 :D The goliath v2 is a super tank!

Don't forget to report here once you've coiled, wicked and vaped on it :rock:

Thanks! I sure will!

This is a winner of a tank it seems - dual coil, airflow, capacity, size etc - couldn't find another RTA that was better on the spec sheet :)

Back