Good Beginner's Rba - What Do You Suggest?

I hope to become a protank coil builder over the holidays...I know this doesn't help right now :confused:
For the first time in something like 15 years I have more than just a week off, so I am also going to be spending time with coils, kanthal and cotton wool :)

Thanks Crafty. Useful to know.

Devdev, we want a full report once you've tried ;-)

Hahaha, I will report back in full. I am planning to spend my evenings vaping myself into oblivion while fiddling with coil designs. If there seems to be a lot of mist in the garden route region, then you know I have been successful in my mission

Is there a point to rebuilding a coil on a protank and using a "normal" electric mod with limited amps?
Will one get a much better vape experience?
Or is it just to see if you can do it and to save on costs?

thats what the guy in the video did, same setup as me, ZMax and Protank mini, and he was raving about it. Thats why I want to experiment with this.

Super nooby question - Most videos I've watched about making coils and wicks use a blow torch to "prepare" the ss mesh. I don't have a blow torch so I'm wondering wot else I can use? Will a normal analog lighter work?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Super nooby question - Most videos I've watched about making coils and wicks use a blow torch to "prepare" the ss mesh. I don't have a blow torch so I'm wondering wot else I can use? Will a normal analog lighter work?

Normal lighter will work just takes much longer .. google the pulse method for ss mesh u wont need a lightrr .. if you have a gass stove you could use that aswell

Normal lighter will work just takes much longer .. google the pulse method for ss mesh u wont need a lightrr .. if you have a gass stove you could use that aswell

Thanks.

I've seen a video with the pulse method but in that video the dude still blow torched the mesh so I assumed you have to torch it even if you pulse.

Might just look around for a blow torch anyway. Buying stuff in the name of vaping always feel so right ;)

Thanks.

I've seen a video with the pulse method but in that video the dude still blow torched the mesh so I assumed you have to torch it even if you pulse.

Might just look around for a blow torch anyway. Buying stuff in the name of vaping always feel so right ;)

Yeah go to you local china town alota jet flame lighters that are dirt cheap .. doesnt have to be a big lighter .. bt be prepaired to fill regularly since it chows gas

Yeah go to you local china town alota jet flame lighters that are dirt cheap .. doesnt have to be a big lighter .. bt be prepaired to fill regularly since it chows gas

Cool thanks for the tip. I was wondering where I'd start my search

Oh no, another thing to fill :-(

I use my wife's brulee torch - they are not cheap though, but she already had one :)

The question for me is, what will happen at around 1.3 ohms. Where are the protank coil builders to tell us?

I haven't tried anything below 1.5ohms. I normally keep my coils around 1.8 - 2.2 on my PT. I use 34gauge Nichrome wrapped around a 1.5mm drill bit use my multi meter to check res and wick with cotton. Then I boil the crap out of it in an old pot to get rid of any funny tastes. I definitely get better flavour and better vape production. Not clouds though but quite satisfying. Best thing to do is play. Just make sure you take the usual precautions and have some sort of meter handy to check your coil. I'll post some picks in the coil thread when I get home from work. Yes I'm working today. :(

Back