Griffin RTA by Geek Vape

The Griffin is a beast.Any tank with a Clapton Build will be hot.

I did a 3mm ID,7wrap clapton on mine.0.47ohm.Rocking at 70w and it is a beast.

Crius will never be able to do that.

But one can't vape like that all the time.

One can do smaller builds.

I think next time I will try a 26ga twisted build.

I only find the airflow ring a little loose.And I had to change one of my post screws with ones of the spares because the allan key didn't want to go in properly.

This tank will outperform most of the tank on the market now.

O yes,and watch the orings while rinsing the tank.One of mine fell out in the basin while washing my tank and when I filled the tank I had juice everywhere.

Luckily I found it in the basin.

I think it depends on what you mean by "out perform"... if you mean build insane builds on it with all the space on that deck then agree 100%. But for me I'm much more interested in flavour... but the quality has put me off... plus the O-Rings are DOFF... and trying to tank the tank apart out the box was a major exercise...

But at the end of the day the new build is much better and the flavour is pretty good... let's see how we go over the next few days with it.

Is
Initial feeling is this is another over hyped tank... maybe I'm not too crazy about it because I built it with dual alien clapton's at 0,2Ω and it's pretty hot and a heavy vape... I will rebuild it tomorrow with normal clapton's and I'm sure it will be better for me. Everything was very tight and really hard to take apart and if I'm not mistaken I have already stripped one of the grub screws tightening down the alien claptons... comparing the threads and general build between the Cleito and Griffin the Cleito wins hands down and is a 10 out of 10 build. I would give the Griffin a 7 out of 10.

On the positive side the deck is brilliant for big builds and really simple to build. Also simple top fill with no leaking.

Bottom line is the Crius is streets ahead of the Griffin in quality of device. If the Griffin was built better I may not have such a negative start with it. Time will tell. I will rebuild with a milder build and give it a full go over the next few days.
View attachment 43751 View attachment 43752 View attachment 43753
There any leaking?

Personally, I'm digging it. Admittedly, the build quality could be better, but it's the most well thought-out tank I've used to date.
It just works. Easy to build and wick, no leaking, and I don't think I could get a dry hit if I tried.
Very satisfying, flavourful vape.
I rescind any previous comments I may have made regarding giving up on tanks, this will suit my needs quite well.
Had to wash it thoroughly to get rid of the weird plasticy smell , and a "Clicky" AFC would have been awesome. Other than that, I can't really fault it.
Haven't had it for very long though, so I might have to extract my foot from my throat :wait:

The Griffin is a beast.Any tank with a Clapton Build will be hot.

I did a 3mm ID,7wrap clapton on mine.0.47ohm.Rocking at 70w and it is a beast.

Crius will never be able to do that.

But one can't vape like that all the time.

One can do smaller builds.

I think next time I will try a 26ga twisted build.

I only find the airflow ring a little loose.And I had to change one of my post screws with ones of the spares because the allan key didn't want to go in properly.

How sure are you that the crius cant handle 70watts? I had a dual clapton in there at 110 watts only problem was the juice probably only laste around 15 min.

How sure are you that the crius cant handle 70watts? I had a dual clapton in there at 110 watts only problem was the juice probably only laste around 15 min.
Pls tell me your Clapton build and what juice and what wicking

I didn't say a cruis can't handle 70w.

Can your cruis take this build: 3mm ID, 7wrap clapton?

cedb175ec3c665000e9167b64a05204d.jpg
UD Clapton wire 2.5mm 8wraps around .45ohms straight forward wicking with thin layer in channel
e52b973ca2b704c93e6a9afcefc7dc8f.jpg
the density should speak for it's self

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the focus is more on this: "3mm ID,7wrap clapton" rather than "70w"

Crius deck is smaller.

Just did a rebuild using normal clapton's and the resistance of the dual coils was 0,42Ω and the vape was a LOT better. Refill is easy and so far no leaking. Changing wicks with full tank no problem. Air flow good. Still not that impressed with the quality. If you want to build insane and huge coils then worth a buy... if you are like me and want a more mellow vape and am happy with the Crius deck I wouldn't bother.

But with this build it's a LOT better flavour wise!
View attachment 43767
@Rob Fisher I have both tanks (Griffin & Crius) and find the Griffin to be of same quality. I prefer the Griffin over the Crius as I can finally build dual 3mm ID claptons on a tank!Never had a dry hit, vaping max VG juice, flavour is tops. Also I can now chain vape a tank at 80W plus!

You were my hero and now my superhero! :-D

@Rob Fisher I have both tanks (Griffin & Crius) and find the Griffin to be of same quality. I prefer the Griffin over the Crius as I can finally build dual 3mm ID claptons on a tank!Never had a dry hit, vaping max VG juice, flavour is tops. Also I can now chain vape a tank at 80W plus!

Maybe I got a lemon then that didn't go through quality control... but there is simply no comparison in the quality between the Crius and Griffin. That being said the Griffin is a pretty good tank (especially for you lunatics that like to build big) and while it won't win a beauty competition the vape is pretty good and it doesn't leak which a more than most tanks.

Maybe I got a lemon then that didn't go through quality control... but there is simply no comparison in the quality between the Crius and Griffin. That being said the Griffin is a pretty good tank (especially for you lunatics that like to build big) and while it won't win a beauty competition the vape is pretty good and it doesn't leak which a more than most tanks.
I also find the filling on the Griffin way better using any type of elquid bottle.

@Rob Fisher, I JUST got my Griffin and stripped one of the grub screws immediately, since they come locked in and the allen key is apparently horrible. Couldn't even build on it! :-(

Any advice on getting the stupid screw out? I've already tried all the tricks on the interwebs. If all else fails I'll take it back and let @JakesSA have a crack at it.

@Rob Fisher, I JUST got my Griffin and stripped one of the grub screws immediately, since they come locked in and the allen key is apparently horrible. Couldn't even build on it! :-(

Any advice on getting the stupid screw out? I've already tried all the tricks on the interwebs. If all else fails I'll take it back and let @JakesSA have a crack at it.

Hopefully one of the technical types will have a suggestion for you... when that happens to me the tank gets thrown in the Giba Gorge! Sorry about that... I never kept my Griffin long either because mine was also a kak quality.

Try and get a sharp thin object between grub screw and where its touching inside the post hole, then lever it in direction to get it out while unscrewing grub screw. I've done this a few times :)
I either use the smallest flat screwdriver from the 6 piece jewelry set, or fine tipped tweezers.

Back