LV

Awards
Hey all,

I thought I'd do a mini review of the Hazeworks - Custard Clouds e liquid

Name: Custard Clouds
Manufacturer: Hazeworks
PG/VG: 40/60
Nic: 3mg
Price: R150/R160 (Plastic Bottle/Glass Bottle)
Blurb: Fly off on a magic carpet ride to custard heaven. You won’t be able to get enough of this juice with a rich creamy vanilla inhale and sweet custard exhale. Paired with a good cup of coffee, notes of french vanilla careen from this vape.

Review:

I bought the bottle from @MarkDBN and opted for the local collection, Mark was very kind and volunteered to drop it off at my place of work for me, which is a MASSIVE plus for service in my books! In addition to my order, I received a free sample of "Agent Orange" (which I will do a review on as well when I've gotten round to trying it) which is a massive plus, as I wanted to try the flavour, but wasn't sure about putting R150 down for something I've never even thought of trying before.

The e liquid itself, which comes in one of those fancy blue bottles, is of a fairly thick viscosity, so tanks with smaller juice channels may struggle with this juice. The flavour is spot on. A rich vanilla with a nice nutty-ness coming through. It reminds me of some other juice manufacturers vanilla custards, but a little sweeter, and a little more vanilla shines through. This is a good dessert vape for custard fans. I would easily recommend it to anyone looking for a good vanilla custard vape!

All-in-all it's really good, and I think if you're a fan of custards, then this is one e liquid you must surely look into.

Build:
Smok M80 Plus
Subtank Mini - RBA Base
0.54 Ohm Coil from 18 to 25 watts depending on how I feel.

I tried all of them at Vapecon. They were all really good. Really in your face flavour!

I love the Custard Clouds. So glad I got two of them in my lucky draw prize :p

Nuttyness? But there's no nuts in vanilla or custard
I think you'll just have to try it to get what I mean.... It's like the nutty-ness that comes from caramel... there's no nuts in caramel, but there's still that nutty taste :p

Ah man... I'm going nuts thinking of all this nutty-ness hehehe

I think you'll just have to try it to get what I mean.... It's like the nutty-ness that comes from caramel... there's no nuts in caramel, but there's still that nutty taste :p

Ah man... I'm going nuts thinking of all this nutty-ness hehehe

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Company: Hazeworks
Product Name: Cumulus (0 mg)

Vaped on an Aeromizer V2, 1.8 ohm coils, between 8 - 10 W
From their website:
Toasted marshmallow splashed with a blend of creams, a dash of brown sugar and nom. This is a smooth full-bodied vape, with layers of toasty flavours that emerge at different wattages. Its sweet and creamy flavour will take you back to those late nights around the campfire.

Review:
This is an interesting one. It certainly tastes, well, "toasty". One can taste the toasted marshmallows although it isn't very sweet (perhaps at higher watts/lower ohms?). Again it is a subtle one. I honestly can't decide if I prefer this at 8W, 9W or 10W. The description is correct in that layers of toasty vapours emerge. Hard to explain because normally "complex" flavours are lost on me. I'm the sort of guy who reckons wine comes in "red" and "white", though here I can definitely taste an underlying "roasty-iness", think roasted almonds.

Similar to: Roasting nuts and marshmallows over the campfire (not very sweet though)
Avoid if: You're looking for a light all day vape, this one does get a bit much after a while

My rating:
4) nomnomnom

@Wyvern @Nimatek and I tested a few flavours today here is the general Consensus

Done via:
Velocity dripper Dual Coil 24ga ss316l 0.18ohm 50W - 60W
Temp control 220 to 270 Celsius

Sunset:
Great Pineapple inhale and a smooth exhale finish very much reminds me of pinacolada was full of flavour, me and @Nimatek "must want now"
can you make this in VG>PG 70/30 or 80/20 ? I highly recommend this

This was amazing @MarkDBN this was by far the best thing I have vaped this month

Custard Cloud
Tasted Cinnamon I got hints of custard but it seemed that most of the custard flavours were not very prominent granted it might just be my taste buds I did try palate cleanse in between, reading the above makes me wonder if the tester or cotton from previous tests did not affect the taste I will need to try this again at some point

Agent Orange
Reminds me of Fanta orange in a subtle way with a hint of marmalade exhale, an all round good vape

All in all a good experience i'm not joking about the Sunset it phenomenal really.

Last edited:
Custard Cloud
Tasted Cinnamon I got hints of custard but it seemed that most of the custard flavours were not very prominent granted it might just be my taste buds I did try palate cleanse in between, reading the above makes me wonder if the tester or cotton from previous tests did not affect the taste I will need to try this again at some point

I definitely got a strong custard when vaping this, and it felt like a bit of lemon undertone. I was vaping it on an Aerotank v2 with 1.8 ohm coils at roughly 10 watts.

I definitely got a strong custard when vaping this, and it felt like a bit of lemon undertone. I was vaping it on an Aerotank v2 with 1.8 ohm coils at roughly 10 watts.

Something seems amiss I would like to try this again with a fresh bottle and my subtank at 25-30 Watts and see, I'm a big fan of custard so a good custard vape would be great and this seems to review well and I enjoyed the other flavours , will def give it a go again if I get a chance in future

@Wyvern @Nimatek and I tested a few flavours today here is the general Consensus

Done via:
Velocity dripper Dual Coil 24ga ss316l 0.18ohm 50W - 60W
Temp control 220 to 270 Celsius

Sunset:
Great Pineapple inhale and a smooth exhale finish very much reminds me of pinacolada was full of flavour, me and @Nimatek "must want now"
can you make this in VG>PG 70/30 or 80/20 ? I highly recommend this

This was amazing @MarkDBN this was by far the best thing I have vaped this month

Custard Cloud

Agent Orange
Reminds me of Fanta orange in a subtle way with a hint of marmalade exhale, an all round good vape

All in all a good experience i'm not joking about the Sunset it phenomenal really.

Thanks for sharing your views @DrBlaz3
Much appreciated
Sunset sounds amazing

Hi All,

Vaping Setup: Subox Nano kit, Vaping at 30 - 40 Watts, 0.5Ohm Kanthal Vertical OCC coils

Juices: Startup and After 8, Both at 3mg Nicotine (Also purchased from The Vapery in Centurion, R150 per 30ml bottle)

After 8:
(Creator's Discription: Indulge your senses with a perfect after dinner vape (or anytime actually). After 8 is a blended chocolate eliquid, with a cool chocolate inhale and creamy minty exhale.)

PG/VG: 40/60 (According to packaging)
1) Smell: When you crack open this bottle, it smells delicious! It reminds me of a peppermint crisp style vape. Lots of aromatic flavours fill up your nostrils
2) Taste: When you take the first toot, the mint is very overpowering (for me). Smooth minty inhale, mint/chocolate exhale. Although the chocolate does come through, I definitely could taste that the chocolate was artificial. This isn't a bad thing at all, but it doesn't give the punch that high cocoa level chocolates give, its a much more subtle chocolate-esque taste. After vaping for around 30 minutes, your tongue gets used to the minty punch that this flavour delivers. The chocolate shines through much more prominently.
3) For Lovers of: Minty inhale, cooling effect on throat + Chocolaty notes. (Ladies, all the peppermint crisp you can handle without the calories! Gents, lets be honest, we don't care if there are calories in or not :p )
4) Rating and comments: I give this juice a 3.5/5. This is all subjective, I am not a major menthol/mint fan, but I decided to change things up and try this juice. It didn't disappoint! I enjoy it after rich meals like Ouma's Sunday lunch. But, for me at least, definitely not an all day vape.

Startup:
(Creator's Discription: Sweet Lemon notes combined with rich biscuit makes this juice a great start to the day. Just the right balance of tart and sweet, backed with notes of cereal and a dash of milk, creates the perfect morning vape.)

PG/VG: 30/70 (According to packaging)
1) Smell: Pop this baby open and you get a nose full of lemon (slightly citrus, not too candy-esque), notes of creamy goodness, with a hint of something that I cannot explain. It really is a juice made for waking up the palate and senses! Awesome smell!!!
2) Taste: I don't quite know how to explain this... Lets give it a try anyways! On inhale you get a sweet and slightly tart flavour, the exhale has lots of lemon and a kind of... sweet creamy hint to it. I must say that the balance in this juice is impeccable, at least in my mind. Everything comes together so well... you really get all of the notes you expect.
3) For Lovers of: Strong but not overpowering Lemon with a sweet finish. Creamy (cereal-esque notes) as well!
4) Rating and comments: I give this juice a 5/5. This is the best cereal style vape I have tasted, although I would classify it more as a Lemon flavour with cereal notes. After 1 tank, I have already budgeted for 2 more bottles in the near future.

Just a side note: Trying my hand at a couple of amateur reviews. Positive critique is always welcome!

Last edited:
Hi All,

Vaping Setup: Subox Nano kit, Vaping at 30 - 40 Watts, 0.5Ohm Kanthal Vertical OCC coils

Juices: Startup and After 8, Both at 3mg Nicotine (Also purchased from The Vapery in Centurion, R150 per 30ml bottle)

After 8:
1) Smell: When you crack open this bottle, it smells delicious! It reminds me of a peppermint crisp style vape. Lots of aromatic flavours fill up your nostrils
2) Taste: When you take the first toot, the mint is very overpowering (for me). Smooth minty inhale, mint/chocolate exhale. Although the chocolate does come through, I definitely could taste that the chocolate was artificial. This isn't a bad thing at all, but it doesn't give the punch that high cocoa level chocolates give, its a much more subtle chocolate-esque taste. After vaping for around 30 minutes, your tongue gets used to the minty punch that this flavour delivers. The chocolate shines through much more prominently.
3) For Lovers of: Minty inhale, cooling effect on throat + Chocolaty notes. (Ladies, all the peppermint crisp you can handle without the calories! Gents, lets be honest, we don't care if there are calories in or not :p )
4) Rating and comments: I give this juice a 3.5/5. This is all subjective, I am not a major menthol/mint fan, but I decided to change things up and try this juice. It didn't disappoint! I enjoy it after rich meal like Ouma's Sunday lunch. But, for me at least, definitely not an all day vape.

Startup:
1) Smell: Pop this baby open and you get a nose full of lemon (slightly citrus, not too candy-esque), notes of creamy goodness, with a hint of something that I cannot explain. It really is a juice made for waking up the palate and senses! Awesome smell!!!
2) Taste: I don't quite know how to explain this... Lets give it a try anyways! On inhale you get a sweet and slightly tart flavour, the exhale has lots of lemon and a kind of... sweet creamy hint to it. I must say that the balance in this juice is impeccable, at least in my mind. Everything comes together so well... you really get all of the notes you expect.
3) For Lovers of: Strong but not overpowering Lemon with a sweet finish. Creamy (cereal-esque notes) as well!
4) Rating and comments: I give this juice a 5/5. This is the best cereal style vape I have tasted, although I would classify it more as a Lemon flavour with cereal notes. After 1 tank, I have already budgeted for 2 more bottles in the near future.

Just a side note: Trying my hand at a couple of amateur reviews. Positive critique is always welcome!
Great reviews, thank you. I experienced it as sincere and honest. Looking forward to more reviews from you.

Personally I like to see the web site blurb/maker's description in a review to be able to compare it with the reviewer's experience.

Here is a good thread on reviewing juices. Of course for our purposes all that detail is not always necessary. And some peeps just like to give brief impressions, which is also good as it builds on our body of knowledge of a particular juice.

Great reviews, thank you. I experienced it as sincere and honest. Looking forward to more reviews from you.

Personally I like to see the web site blurb/maker's description in a review to be able to compare it with the reviewer's experience.

Here is a good thread on reviewing juices. Of course for our purposes all that detail is not always necessary. And some peeps just like to give brief impressions, which is also good as it builds on our body of knowledge of a particular juice.

Thanks @Andre, positive feedback is always needed to keep the motivation up. And positive critique helps me create something that people enjoy reading! I've always had a passion for writing, but never really had the time to pursue it. Reviews are a perfect platform for developing, and www.ecigssa.co.za is the perfect forum to present on.

I'll edit accordingly and I'll be sure to include it in my upcoming reviews.

Hi All,

After 8:
(Creator's Discription: Indulge your senses with a perfect after dinner vape (or anytime actually). After 8 is a blended chocolate eliquid, with a cool chocolate inhale and creamy minty exhale.)

4) Rating and comments: I give this juice a 3.5/5. This is all subjective, I am not a major menthol/mint fan, but I decided to change things up and try this juice. It didn't disappoint! I enjoy it after rich meals like Ouma's Sunday lunch. But, for me at least, definitely not an all day vape.

Spot on review for After 8. I also found the mint a little too overpowering for me and would have preferred more chocolate. That said I think that menthol/mint tolerances vary. Would love to hear from some of the menthol connoisseurs where there's more chocolate coming through for them. Nonetheless it definitely reminded me of After 8 mint chocolates.

Hi All,

After 8:

Startup:
(Creator's Discription: Sweet Lemon notes combined with rich biscuit makes this juice a great start to the day. Just the right balance of tart and sweet, backed with notes of cereal and a dash of milk, creates the perfect morning vape.)

Hi All,

I would like to revise my statements on Hazeworks - After 8

I've been chain vaping this for around 3 days now and some of my quarrels have faded. I now like this juice very much! I also run a bit of a higher wattage on my device (45 Watts on 0.5 Ohm Vertical OCC coils), which for me highlights the chocolaty tones a bit more. Overall this juice takes home a very good 4/5 now! Still not an all day vape, but much more of a treat than I previously thought!

Ciao

Not really a review but Sunset and Mountain Dew goes together like me and bacon ( I love bacon ). Will post reviews after I have worked through the samplepack I got myself

Company: Hazeworks
Product Name: Cumulus (0 mg)

Vaped on an Aeromizer V2, 1.8 ohm coils, between 8 - 10 W
From their website:
Toasted marshmallow splashed with a blend of creams, a dash of brown sugar and nom. This is a smooth full-bodied vape, with layers of toasty flavours that emerge at different wattages. Its sweet and creamy flavour will take you back to those late nights around the campfire.

Review:
This is an interesting one. It certainly tastes, well, "toasty". One can taste the toasted marshmallows although it isn't very sweet (perhaps at higher watts/lower ohms?). Again it is a subtle one. I honestly can't decide if I prefer this at 8W, 9W or 10W. The description is correct in that layers of toasty vapours emerge. Hard to explain because normally "complex" flavours are lost on me. I'm the sort of guy who reckons wine comes in "red" and "white", though here I can definitely taste an underlying "roasty-iness", think roasted almonds.

Similar to: Roasting nuts and marshmallows over the campfire (not very sweet though)
Avoid if: You're looking for a light all day vape, this one does get a bit much after a while

My rating:
4) nomnomnom
I am confused. Is the flavor subtle or is it overwhelming? Pardon my frankness but subtle is like Milkman. Cant see how it would become 'too much' if it is subtle.

I like subtle but I despise overwhelming.

Hi All,

After 8:

Startup:

Great work!

I like lemons.

I am confused. Is the flavor subtle or is it overwhelming? Pardon my frankness but subtle is like Milkman. Cant see how it would become 'too much' if it is subtle.

I like subtle but I despise overwhelming.

Well of course taste is subjective and the atty one uses also makes a difference but I found the marshmallow-ness to be subtle, if I had to do a blind taste test I would say I taste brown sugar and almonds, if someone asked if I could taste marshmallows and went "looking" for it then I would go ah-yeah, there it is. To me coca-cola is the same, the vanilla in it isn't overpowering but when told coca-cola has vanilla in it and then I take a sip I can taste that it is vanilla flavoured.

While vaping cumulus over time I found it was getting a bit much for me and I felt like changing. It isn't overly sweet or overly anything but perhaps the complexity causes it to become fatiguing, or just personal preference.

That said devices and wattage play a big role. I'll try it again in my Cubis and see how it changes. I've stopped using the Aerotank.

Well of course taste is subjective and the atty one uses also makes a difference but I found the marshmallow-ness to be subtle, if I had to do a blind taste test I would say I taste brown sugar and almonds, if someone asked if I could taste marshmallows and went "looking" for it then I would go ah-yeah, there it is. To me coca-cola is the same, the vanilla in it isn't overpowering but when told coca-cola has vanilla in it and then I take a sip I can taste that it is vanilla flavoured.

While vaping cumulus over time I found it was getting a bit much for me and I felt like changing. It isn't overly sweet or overly anything but perhaps the complexity causes it to become fatiguing, or just personal preference.

That said devices and wattage play a big role. I'll try it again in my Cubis and see how it changes. I've stopped using the Aerotank.
OK I got ya... a common experience this is.

Back