HELP before I break something

Yea I think I'll leave the building my own coils for now lol
What device set would you recommend? Was looking at the Smok range, but if I am to spend that much money I'd like to do it right from the get go.

I haven't bought a commercial coil driven tank for a long time so best wait for the other guys to make a recommendation.

Lemo 3 isn't too bad, takes stock ec coils and rebuildable, fits on a pico

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I haven't bought a commercial coil driven tank for a long time so best wait for the other guys to make a recommendation.

@Rob Fisher loosening the top cap works great, no more burning, but now the darn thing leaks like crazy, not from the top either, the liquid is coming out at the bottom by the air flow section...

@Rob Fisher loosening the top cap works great, no more burning, but now the darn thing leaks like crazy, not from the top either, the liquid is coming out at the bottom by the air flow section...

I never had that issue? For some reason the 4ml tank was a lemon and the 2ml tank much better!

It's so annoying, will look into the 2ml tank

Sorry to hear about your issue @Ev1l_EyE

Well solved @Rob Fisher !
Goes to show the Melo 3 veteran still knows those tanks well. Hehe

@Ev1l_EyE , i also have the smaller 2ml version and it hasnt given me any airlock problems. Lovely little tank for the Pico. It needs to be refilled a bit more frequently, but has given me a lot of good vapes.

@Ev1l_EyE
1., It is likely that the top cap (labelled Y in the pic below) is too loose and that's why the tank is leaking.
Try tightening the top cap by only turning the driptip/mouthpiece (labelled X in the pic) with 2 fingers, but only until it stops and without applying further torque/effort to turn it any tighter.

untitled.JPG

2. The best coils FOR ME are the ECL coils. They are available in 0.3ohm and 0.18ohm and have larger oval-shaped juice holes and therefore allow more juice to get to the wicking.

eleaf ecl 0.18 coil-450x450.jpg

3. I would also suggest that when you insert a new coil (after priming, etc.,) that you start at a lower wattage (e.g. 20W) and then up it as you go along. I have found that coils burn very easily if you chain vape at higher wattages so would also suggest that you stay below 35-40W (unless things are going well).

Last edited:
If you want to go the Smok route, the Baby Beast is really nice, with a couple of stock coil options, as well as an optional RBA (with extra, taller glass), for when you are ready to start building your own coils.

Back