Help needed with curry.

Raindance

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
Hi Guys, I have been trying to make curry the way I remember it from my days of innocence. Sometimes I get close but nothing really gets close to the taste I remember.
This was "goeie ou boerekos" curry the way the tannie at the losieshuis made it.

I am really hoping someone out there knows what I am talking about and is willing to share, please help, I need this in my life.

Thanks for anyone that may offer some suggestions.

Thanks,
Regards

I only know Durban curry. That's easy like Sunday morning to make :)

I only know Durban curry. That's easy like Sunday morning to make :)

Yeah, not a fan of "bore kerrie" at all. I'd like to know how to make authentic Durban and Indian curries though if you'd care to PM me a good recipe for getting that right. Not even the packets of cook-in sauce comes close for me.

Yeah, not a fan of "bore kerrie" at all. I'd like to know how to make authentic Durban and Indian curries though if you'd care to PM me a good recipe for getting that right. Not even the packets of cook-in sauce comes close for me.

If you don't like boere kerrie, then the one who made it fooked it up :p

If you don't like boere kerrie, then the one who made it fooked it up :p

In my experience it's usually more turmeric than curry and very very mild at that. I like a bit of kick and some complex flavor. A simple example of what is missing in boere kerrie is cumin. I love cumin.

In my experience it's usually more turmeric than curry and very very mild at that. I like a bit of kick and some complex flavor. A simple example of what is missing in boere kerrie is cumin. I love cumin.

Boere kerrie is supposed to be mild. When boere kerrie was "invented" I don't think they knew about cumin, so it was never included...lol.

Back