Help: removing the KUI 510

John

Blerrie Mech Addict
LV

Awards
Hey everybody. I have a little something something brewing with a KUI at the moment - jusy hoping someone could tell me how to remove the 510. I need to remove it along with all the other removeable components. Ive figured everything else out but this bit seems tricky and I dont want to break anything

Please help!

Flat head screwdriver on the 510 pin. On the underside use a long nose pliers to grip the pin.
Then just lefty loosey, righty righty.

Easy as pie.

Hey everybody. I have a little something something brewing with a KUI at the moment - jusy hoping someone could tell me how to remove the 510. I need to remove it along with all the other removeable components. Ive figured everything else out but this bit seems tricky and I dont want to break anything

Please help!

The 510 pin is held snug using a plastic grommet, it should just push right out from the bottom.

lol I think you meant righty tighty @Zodd.

There's no threading on the pin but it is super snug in there, so to save the grommet from splitting, it's best to give it a twist (left and right) to loosen as you push it out.
Edit: I didn't have to twist mine at all to get it out though, I pushed mine out easily with the flat edge of my tweezers.
I did manage to bugger up the grommet though but that was due to impatience and bad choice of tool for the job. Note, flat head screwdrivers are a bad choice for grommet removal lol :tmi:

Last edited:
The 510 pin is held snug using a plastic grommet, it should just push right out from the bottom.

There's no threading on the pin but it is super snug in there, so to save the grommet from splitting, it's best to give it a twist (left and right) to loosen as you push it out.
Edit: I didn't have to twist mine at all to get it out though, I pushed mine out easily with the flat edge of my tweezers.
I did manage to bugger up the grommet though but that was due to impatience and bad choice of tool for the job. Note, flat head screwdrivers are a bad choice for grommet removal lol :tmi:
What about the copper anode? How to I get that off then?

What about the copper anode? How to I get that off then?

Anode? Not sure what that is but I'm guessing its the '510 threaded' part/thingy? :giggle:
I haven't taken that out yet but I think that would be screwed in (guessing here though), I'd take a wide flat head screwdriver to it and see if that works, it might have a bit of loctite on the threading to anchor it which will be a ***** to loosen but again I'm guessing here. Q20 or anti seize lubricant should help things along.

Edit: Google is my friend :giggle:
Anode - The anode is a positively charged electrode.
Cathode - The cathode is a negatively charged electrode.
The anode and cathode are defined by the flow of current. In the general sense, current refers to any movement of electrical charge.
We learn something new everyday here at ecigssa :-D

Last edited:
Anode? Not sure what that is but I'm guessing its the '510 threaded' part/thingy? :giggle:
I haven't taken that out yet but I think that would be screwed in (guessing here though), I'd take a wide flat head screwdriver to it and see if that works, it might have a bit of loctite on the threading to anchor it which will be a ***** to loosen but again I'm guessing here. Q20 or anti seize lubricant should help things along.
Ok maybe im not picturing this the way it should be, in my head, the pin comes apart in two pieces after unscewing them apart- top piece coming out the top of the 510, bottom piece where the tube fits on coming out through the bottom of the 510, is that correct?

the anode I was referring to is the little metal piece that connects the battery + to the 510, essentially the switch - if the pin comes straight out the top of the 510 then that anode should prevent it from coming out, right?

Please help me clear this up :)

Ok maybe im not picturing this the way it should be, in my head, the pin comes apart in two pieces after unscewing them apart- top piece coming out the top of the 510, bottom piece where the tube fits on coming out through the bottom of the 510, is that correct?

the anode I was referring to is the little metal piece that connects the battery + to the 510, essentially the switch - if the pin comes straight out the top of the 510 then that anode should prevent it from coming out, right?

Please help me clear this up :)

okay, I see the confusion,
The 'anode' slips off the 510 pin, use your tweezers to take it off. (pliers are too heavy duty for that)
The positive pin is one piece, push it out from the bottom and it should pop right out.
Then, all you are left with is the threaded part (aka 510) and a plastic grommet, the grommet also comes out from the top.
Now you have the 510 threaded part left and that should be screwed out with a wide flat head screwdriver.

Last edited:
Thank you @DoubleD!! That worked like a charm, much obliged :) I dont have a screwdriver wide enough to turn out the 510 so im just gonna leave that in for now. Shouldnt matter if it scuffs up, it'll be replaced within the next few weeks with the upgrade parts anyway :)

@DoubleD hi bro . The positive 510 pin is actually 2 piece . The bottom part unscrew so you can take the positive plate out . If you guys want I can post a picture of this.

Thank you @DoubleD!! That worked like a charm, much obliged :) I dont have a screwdriver wide enough to turn out the 510 so im just gonna leave that in for now. Shouldnt matter if it scuffs up, it'll be replaced within the next few weeks with the upgrade parts anyway

No worries mate, glad I could help ;)

@DoubleD hi bro . The positive 510 pin is actually 2 piece . The bottom part unscrew so you can take the positive plate out . If you guys want I can post a picture of this.
You are correct bro, they do come apart - but the anode comes off without having to unscrew it. It seems like the pin is tapered. I almost had a heart attack working it out and saw a hairline across the pin, thought I snapped it!

The positive plate thing is supposed to be screwed tightly in between the 2 pieces of the 510 pin so the connection is good and it also prevent it from moving up and down on its own

yes please.
Weird though because my positive pin is one piece, so I would like to see a picture.

I

The positive plate thing is supposed to be screwed tightly in between the 2 pieces of the 510 pin so the connection is good and it also prevent it from moving up and down on its own
I figured that it should be that way, but the diameter of the hole is bigger than the diameter of the pin at that point :-/

I think that is a problem on the kui as well . The fact that the hole in the anode was drilled to big by them and now able to move freely on the 510 pin

Ahh that makes sense, Ive been using the tube to hold it in place. I'll have to take mine apart later to check it out, thanks bro :clap:

Note: Dont own a reo.....(yet) so everything I know came from trial and error ;-)

I think that is a problem on the kui as well . The fact that the hole in the anode was drilled to big by them and now able to move freely on the 510 pin
Maybe they did the right think and fixed it with the upgrade :)

I know right, I havent even used it yet and I've already began with the mods! The paint job was kak and my OCD was kicking in hard lol

Back