Here's Why The Augvape iNtake RTA Is Worth Every Penny! (Review)

The Intake really is a flavor monster! ...if you wick it right. #bababeertjiesepap not too much and not too little cotton and the fluffy tails just drop into the juice pockets, no peeking below the deck

I do find sometimes that the tank creates an airlock. I then just unfasten the top cap and see the bubbles coming up from the wick. After that it is fine again.
Anybody else had/have this issue?

The Intake really is a flavor monster! ...if you wick it right. #bababeertjiesepap not too much and not too little cotton and the fluffy tails just drop into the juice pockets, no peeking below the deck

I do find sometimes that the tank creates an airlock. I then just unfasten the top cap and see the bubbles coming up from the wick. After that it is fine again.
Agree with the airlock, started getting that recently. it's a bit annoying having to open the top cap to alleviate it. On a fresh wick it vapes beautifully.
I must experiment a bit more with it, different build/s and cotton.

@Pixstar @Brommer do you get airlock even with little cotton? I haven't experienced an air lock as yet (thank the lord) I hate Air lock! When I was testing it before writing my review, I was using it at around 45w and I chain vaped 1 tank. I was doing hit after hit with 0mg and it wicked fast without getting dry. I guess it could've been the fresh wick?

For airlock I find the only thing that works is using less cotton.

@Pixstar @Brommer do you get airlock even with little cotton? I haven't experienced an air lock as yet (thank the lord) I hate Air lock! When I was testing it before writing my review, I was using it at around 45w and I chain vaped 1 tank. I was doing hit after hit with 0mg and it wicked fast without getting dry. I guess it could've been the fresh wick?

Yeah with less cotton. Any less and I encounter spit back. By lifting the coil up a bit it also prevents spit back.

Yeah with less cotton. Any less and I encounter spit back. By lifting the coil up a bit it also prevents spit back.
Air lock is really difficult to fix. I remember my Serpent mini used to have airlock issues and nothing ever worked. It's either I use it like a straw due to the spit back or I keep opening and closing the top fill. These issues seem to only affect some people because I've tried finding information on airlock but it isn't very common. I would guess that altitude is what causes airlock problems and therefore, it's difficult to fix the issue.

I generally try the basic things like changing my build all together, rewicking with minimal cotton and like you said, repositioning the coil.

For me it is not every time. I am still experimenting with the wick, redoing it every day to see what the trick is.
Using less cotton, fluff more, fluff less, adjusting length, etc.

My suspicion is that the wick in the juice pockets swell to such an extent that it forms a seal. Ie the wick strands aren’t vertical enough when placed since the “suggested” wicking method is to dam the juice pockets. (its a theory).

I fully agree with you, Its awesome!!

I do only get a slight airlock when I vape it completely dry and then fill the tank again, the next few puffs is on airlock, but I normally just take a few puffs without firing the mod and while the airflow is closed, to force the saturation on the wick.

But if you get it just right (Like you mentioned, Not too much, not too little) then its a beast of note!!

Ps This is still a dream to get to wick right compared to my Manta or SMM

Last edited:
Got myself an Augvape Intake at vapecon today and I must say it was totally worth it.

I have tried numerous RTA's and none could beat the flavour of my beloved Ammit 25mm single coil. After reading many positive reviews on the Augvape Intake I pulled the trigger, with some hesitance I must say as I lost faith in all top airflow tanks.

Amongst the tanks I have owned and tried is the Zeus single and dual, EHPRO Bachelor X, Kylin Mini and Vandy Vape Kensei. The Intake beats them all.

Luckily I wicked it perfect 1st time round. One thing about this tank which stands out is it is a very restricted DL hit. On the plus side this gives a lot of flavour and leaves you feeling satisfied as it's a dense, amplified vape if that makes sense.

Would highly recommend this tank.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Got myself an Augvape Intake at vapecon today and I must say it was totally worth it.

I have tried numerous RTA's and none could beat the flavour of my beloved Ammit 25mm single coil. After reading many positive reviews on the Augvape Intake I pulled the trigger, with some hesitance I must say as I lost faith in all top airflow tanks.

Amongst the tanks I have owned and tried is the Zeus single and dual, EHPRO Bachelor X, Kylin Mini and Vandy Vape Kensei. The Intake beats them all.

Luckily I wicked it perfect 1st time round. One thing about this tank which stands out is it is a very restricted DL hit. On the plus side this gives a lot of flavour and leaves you feeling satisfied as it's a dense, amplified vape if that makes sense.

Would highly recommend this tank.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk
Just memorize that wicking you did. When wicked right this RTA is pretty hard to beat. Still using mine daily

I also picked up one of these at Vapecon. I pretty much gave up on RTA’s for the past year and only used drippers. Thought I’d give the Intake a try being an innovative top airflow RTA and boy am I impressed!

@daniel craig I recently started getting ALOT of spit back ONLY when I refill the tank. Any idea why?

Attachments

• 95C391A1-1B00-4E58-9219-CC06446607B4.jpeg
    95C391A1-1B00-4E58-9219-CC06446607B4.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 33
  • 044DBA20-0A30-403F-BDE6-8FB673259070.jpeg
    044DBA20-0A30-403F-BDE6-8FB673259070.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 33
@daniel craig I recently started getting ALOT of spit back ONLY when I refill the tank. Any idea why?
Before making the assumption that you have used too less cotton, just check if you have covered the space by the wicking holes/port. Sometimes even if you use the right amount of cotton but leave gaps, liquid will flow. Even if it's a small gap, when you refill the RTA, the vacuum created will be broken which allows liquid to flow more freely and therefore causing flooding.

When you refill and then close the top fill, it compresses and pushes the liquid down so even a small gap will be enough of space to cause flooding to occur.

If there are no visible gaps then it could be that you have thinned out the cotton too much. If the cotton seems dense and not thinned out too much, then it means that you have used too less cotton.

First thing to check would be:
1. I've never experienced this before but back when I used to experience this issue with the Serpent Mini's, closing off the airflow before refilling did the trick. I would say give this a try. It works by not breaking the vacuum as much.
2. Check for any gaps at the wicking ports and cover them.
3. Check if the cotton is thinned out too much. A too thin piece of cotton will absorb more juice than it can hold which will then lead to flodding. Even though it works fine and only causes spit back after refilling. This is because when you close the top fill, juice is pushed down.
4. Too less cotton was used. It's not so easy to tell from pictures because my wicking looks more or less identical to yours so I don't want to say with 100% certainty that it's too less cotton but if 1, 2 and 3 don't work, then it's likely this. Just use a touch more cotton. I can see that you have a good build in there so if you use too much cotton, it won't be so enjoyable.​

Last edited:
Before making the assumption that you have used too less cotton, just check if you have covered the space by the wicking holes/port. Sometimes even if you use the right amount of cotton but leave gaps, liquid will flow. Even if it's a small gap, when you refill the RTA, the vacuum created will be broken which allows liquid to flow more freely and therefore causing flooding.

When you refill and then close the top fill, it compresses and pushes the liquid down so even a small gap will be enough of space to cause flooding to occur.

If there are no visible gaps then it could be that you have thinned out the cotton too much. If the cotton seems dense and not thinned out too much, then it means that you have used too less cotton.

First thing to check would be:
1. I've never experienced this before but back when I used to experience this issue with the Serpent Mini's, closing off the airflow before refilling did the trick. I would say give this a try. It works by not breaking the vacuum as much.
2. Check for any gaps at the wicking ports and cover them.
3. Check if the cotton is thinned out too much. A too thin piece of cotton will absorb more juice than it can hold which will then lead to flodding. Even though it works fine and only causes spit back after refilling. This is because when you close the top fill, juice is pushed down.
4. Too less cotton was used. It's not so easy to tell from pictures because my wicking looks more of less identical to yours so I don't want to say with 100% certainty that it's too less cotton but if 1, 2 and 3 don't work, then it's likely this. Just use a touch more cotton. I can see that you have a good build in there so if you use too much cotton, it won't be so enjoyable.​

Thanks @daniel craig for the detailed posts, much appreciated. Will give the suggestions a go tonight.

I also find when filling, using the witches hat bottles, I get some juice going down the centre if not careful. This causes me spitback on the first puff or 3.

I also find when filling, using the witches hat bottles, I get some juice going down the centre if not careful. This causes me spitback on the first puff or 3.

Yup, for that reason I always do a "reverse toot", ie blow into the atty, after doing a refill. Sorts any burning surprises out normally.

Back