Hohm Slice (By Hohm Tech)

Standard Slice inbound got it for a bargain and buddy brining it in from the States. Presume only difference is the fast charge port?

charging IC and Ceramic baked paint.... that's what the website says anyway.

I was sceptical after reading a lot of reviews but they seemed to have sorted most of the issues (Cracking paint job & loose battery door) people had with the first run.

The only thing that I don't yet understand is how the battery works. Like I vape at 45W in wattage mode on my 0.5ohm Uwell SE-1. After a full charge the battery drops to 92 when I have my first pull. After about 3 more it goes down to 70 something then lasts forever until its finally down to 10.

When I put it in the usb charge it pops back to 24% after I removed the tank. This leads me to believe that the chip calculates what the battery is capable of safely doing and displays a relative percentage to accommodate for the battery drain so you can more or less see the expected lifetime.

This is only an assumption and maybe someone can help me here.

I was sceptical after reading a lot of reviews but they seemed to have sorted most of the issues (Cracking paint job & loose battery door) people had with the first run.

The only thing that I don't yet understand is how the battery works. Like I vape at 45W in wattage mode on my 0.5ohm Uwell SE-1. After a full charge the battery drops to 92 when I have my first pull. After about 3 more it goes down to 70 something then lasts forever until its finally down to 10.

When I put it in the usb charge it pops back to 24% after I removed the tank. This leads me to believe that the chip calculates what the battery is capable of safely doing and displays a relative percentage to accommodate for the battery drain so you can more or less see the expected lifetime.

This is only an assumption and maybe someone can help me here.
Bought the LE version second hand, paint's peeling and flaking like little tiny pins being stabbed in my eyes.

Find the same thing with the battery percentage indicator. Falls to around 34% rapidly and then just lasts.

Another thing that bugs me about it is TC stainless (haven't tried other metals). It seems to heat rather excessively. Where I would normally vape around 470 degrees Fahrenheit on other devices, the Slice gives me a warmer vape even at 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Same tank, coils and locked resistance.

Bought the LE version second hand, paint's peeling and flaking like little tiny pins being stabbed in my eyes.

Find the same thing with the battery percentage indicator. Falls to around 34% rapidly and then just lasts.

Another thing that bugs me about it is TC stainless (haven't tried other metals). It seems to heat rather excessively. Where I would normally vape around 470 degrees Fahrenheit on other devices, the Slice gives me a warmer vape even at 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Same tank, coils and locked resistance.
don't lock resistance, this has been discussed and resistance lock is not needed.

Second, did you clear the resistance before seating the new tank?.

don't lock resistance, this has been discussed and resistance lock is not needed.

Second, did you clear the resistance before seating the new tank?.
Nope and nope, been treating it as any other TC device. I seat the tank, select mode>SS>316 then unlock resistance>lock resistance.

From my perspective resistance would need to be locked so the device have a reference point to measure the amount the resistance increases in order to estimate the temperature. Are you saying this is not so for the Slice? I'll have to look into this this

I noticed if you fully charge the battery then switch off the device. Then switch it back on with the battery fully charged it helps the levels. I believe when it is put on it loads information up of the battery everytime and other variables.

Nope and nope, been treating it as any other TC device. I seat the tank, select mode>SS>316 then unlock resistance>lock resistance.

From my perspective resistance would need to be locked so the device have a reference point to measure the amount the resistance increases in order to estimate the temperature. Are you saying this is not so for the Slice? I'll have to look into this this
Fire the device with no atomizer attached that'll clear resistance.

It's counter intuitive but really does work.

Fire the device with no atomizer attached that'll clear resistance.

It's counter intuitive but really does work.
Thanks @Sprint. It's like I just vaped a different device. Its actually temp controlling now ;)

Silly Hohmtech

I noticed if you fully charge the battery then switch off the device. Then switch it back on with the battery fully charged it helps the levels. I believe when it is put on it loads information up of the battery everytime and other variables.
Also worked for me, 20 puffs later and still hanging at 86%.

Any other nifty tricks I should be aware of?

View attachment 59922

MATERIALS

1. 101W
  2. 26650 powered
  3. Flatline ohm 0.000001
  4. Temp Control - EVERYTHING (YES, kanthal & ceramic infused too)
  5. Solo Update & Charge port
  6. Adaptive Fast Charge IC* (Charge At Up To 3A)
  7. Baked Ceramic Symbol Layer*
  8. 31.9% less surface area than Wrecker G2
  9. 4 button system with 3 button layout
  10. Dual-Release point battery door (slide with hand, or lift with finger)
  11. 510 with deep pocket & high tensile pin
  12. Engineered in California...not just “designed”
  13. 500 DAY WARRANTY
*Available on Limited Edition model (as shown), release date: May 2016.

______________________________________________________________________________________

View attachment 59927

SPECIFICATIONS

. Chip: FSK1, TC-XT Series (T24SMX v3.2)

. Battery: 26650-powered

. Temp Control: Ni, SS, Ti, NiCr, K, W, & Ceramic Infused (YES, temp control EVERYTHING. No limits here)

. Wattage Output; 10W -101W (all modes)

. Voltage Output; FSK1 Intellichip, automation

. Temperature Range: 200°F - 700°F

93°C - 372°C

. Ohm Resistance Range: Flatline - 0.000001Ω - 3Ω

. Temp/Watt Increments:0.1 (10-49.9: WATTS MODE)

1.0(50-101: WATTS MODE)

1.0°C (TEMP MODE)

10.0°F (TEMP MODE)

______________________________________________________________________________________

FEATURES

We believe in no limits. We believe in precision. We believe in efficiency. We put quality & safety above all. welcome to the world's first device that incorporates the best of the best every mod has ever offered... now you can put all other mods to rest...

• Temperature Control the "impossible"... KANTHAL NICHROME CERMIC INFUSED & everything else
+ Supports TC (K1) Kanthal, (NiCr) Nichrome, (W) Tungsten, (Ni) Nickel, (Ti)Titanium. (SS 304,316,317,430) Stainless Steel, Ceramic lnfused coils & tanks...no limits here...

• Integrated FSK1 Intellichips execute multiple tasks
+ Supports variable output banding on amperage & wattage adjustments so chip does not fluctuate in wide variations *Result: increased battery life, coils, cotton, jnd (educes battery amperage stress

• 101W yep, ONE HUNDO + 1
  • Solo Update & Adaptive Fast Charge Port6
+ Supports 1.5hr charge on LE4 & 4hr on SE6

• Baked ceramic symbol layer6
  • Dual-Release point battery door (slide with hand, lift with finger)
  • Battery contact footprint has 47% more surface area than traditional 150W-250W + device average
+ Candidates of measure: Fuchai 200W, Snow Wolf 200W, IPV3-Li 165W, Sigelei 15OW TC. Tesla 160W, WiSmec RX250

+ Eliminates battery contact stress, & battery power spiking

• . Inside & Out 100% engineered and designed in the United States (not just "designed")
  • System menu & instruction manual written by English vapers, in English
  • Concaved FIRE button for finger ergonomics
  • Flatline 0.0000010Ω - 3Ω (run it all!...no limits here)
  • full-face push pin with high-tension spring 510
+ Ensures pure contact for utmost energy flow

* Result: eliminates another energy stress point

• 64Kb Onboard ROM to handle all computations of proprietary algorithms and EPT2: valuations

Here are some video links:

@daniel craig I need your help as I seem to remember you know your way around this mod.How do you make the hit harder?I watched the video and got Advanced insanity mode but couldn't get the FSK adjustment. My hit is weak on this usually good mod.
I would really appreciate any help .P.S.I had this working great but don't know what I did and now it's like no hit.I got to the FSK and put it to 80% still no go.I don't care about temp control or all that I just want the good hit I previously had.Wish I could set and forget.

Last edited:
@daniel craig I need your help as I seem to remember you know your way around this mod.How do you make the hit harder?I watched the video and got Advanced insanity mode but couldn't get the FSK adjustment. My hit is weak on this usually good mod.
I would really appreciate any help .
You mean in temp control mode? FSK mode is used to TC any material. Let me just check mine out quick and get back to you.

@kev mac I understand what you are experiencing.

Basically try this:
1. Make sure your coil is at room temp.
2. Press the button above the fire button (menu button) 3 times and select XXX
3. Hold the wattage up, wattage down and menu button to access the settings menu.
4. Select FSK curve and start off at like 1%
5. Exit menu.
6. Take a look at your wattage and see if it's too low which would cause major ramp up. If this is the case, press the fire button 3 times and select a higher wattage.
7. Adjust the temp to your liking.

Side notes: in the settings menu (accessed by holding the menu, wattage up and down buttons) I leave auto TC off.

@kev mac what I think is happening here is that the coil isn't cool which is causing the changes in FSK Curve to not apply. It could be possible that the resistance reset which caused all of this to happen because if your coil is warm, the resistance changes slightly and the chip will take this changed resistance to be the actual resistance of the atomizer and try working with that resistance. The changes you make on the FSK curve are going to apply to the resistance when the atomizer is warm and not the actual room temp resistance of the atty.

@kev mac I understand what you are experiencing.

Basically try this:
1. Make sure your coil is at room temp.
2. Press the button above the fire button (menu button) 3 times and select XXX
3. Hold the wattage up, wattage down and menu button to access the settings menu.
4. Select FSK curve and start off at like 1%
5. Exit menu.
6. Take a look at your wattage and see if it's too low which would cause major ramp up. If this is the case, press the fire button 3 times and select a higher wattage.
7. Adjust the temp to your liking.

Side notes: in the settings menu (accessed by holding the menu, wattage up and down buttons) I leave auto TC off.
@daniel craig sorry to be a pest but I've always had trouble with this mod,but when I accidentally hit the right settings it is great.I guess I must have fiddled with it by changing tanks.
However when I push the 2 mentioned buttons I only get Auto +TC controll or advanced insanity menu.I somehow managed to find FXK and adjusted it to 75% yesterday but still a weak hit.Ive watched the Hohm Slice video and the guy gets the desired hit in no time,not so for me I find the tutorial a bit vague. I'd love to get this straight cause it is a good device when you get it right.p.s. When pressing the on -off button 3 x I only get the wire selection not xxx

Last edited:
@daniel craig sorry to be a pest but I've always had trouble with this mod,but when I accidentally hit the right settings it is great.I guess I must have fiddled with it by changing tanks.
However when I push the 2 mentioned buttons I only get Auto +TC controll or advanced insanity menu.I somehow managed to find FXK and adjusted it to 75% yesterday but still a weak hit.Ive watched the Hohm Slice video and the guy gets the desired hit in no time,not so for me I find the tutorial a bit vague. I'd love to get this straight cause it is a good device when you get it right.p.s. When pressing the on -off button 3 x I only get the wire selection not xxx
I know the feeling @kev mac, press three times for the first menu, then press three times again for the next and three times again .... And so on. The menu system is quite complicated and gets me every time.

Glad to see mention of this under rated mod on the forum again though. Hope this helps.

Regards

Yeah, their menu is different. I knew it when first started playing with the Slice - once I got what I wanted, just left it there and now have no idea how to adjust or use the menu. I attach their manual for you, maybe it could help.

Attachments

• SLICE_MANUAL.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 1
That is no problem at all.

First things first. Make sure the atomizer and the coil is at room temp before you start. Remove the atty, let it cool down and press the fire button when the atty is removed to set the resistance to 0.

Once the above is done, screw on the atty.

Press the on/off button 3 times to bring up the advanced TC mode which will display "Kanthal NiCr and XXX" select XXX by scrolling with the wattage up/down button.

#3 Next step is to hold down the wattage up an down button (both) and the on/off button. By holding down these 3 buttons you should enter the advanced insanity menu. Scroll through this menu by using the wattage up button and select 'FSK Temp Curve'. I recommend starting at a low percentage first (maybe 3 or 4%) and press the fire button to confirm this. Then exit the menu.

Now on your home screen which displays the temperature or wattage depending on what you select (I will explain more).

If you are seeing temperature on this screen, press the fire button 3 times to change it to wattage. Now you should be seeing wattage and can make wattage adjustments. I would say set the wattage a bit high to avoid ramp up time.

Once you got the wattage set right, press the fire button 3 time to view the temperature and adjust the temperature to your liking.

Now comes the guess work, if you set the temperature to let's say 300°F then you would expect a warm vape. (Remember that Your FSK at this point is at 4% which you selected earlier on). Fire the atty and check if the vape is warm. If its still cool, up the FSK percentage using the method explained in #3. Test again and see if the vape is now warm. If its hot, then enter the FSK and drop the percentage.

Please let me know how it goes and if you need any help, feel free to ask.

I know the feeling @kev mac, press three times for the first menu, then press three times again for the next and three times again .... And so on. The menu system is quite complicated and gets me every time.

Glad to see mention of this under rated mod on the forum again though. Hope this helps.

Regards
It's definitely the most under-rated device. It's by far the best value for money device I've ever purchased.

That is no problem at all.

First things first. Make sure the atomizer and the coil is at room temp before you start. Remove the atty, let it cool down and press the fire button when the atty is removed to set the resistance to 0.

Once the above is done, screw on the atty.

Press the on/off button 3 times to bring up the advanced TC mode which will display "Kanthal NiCr and XXX" select XXX by scrolling with the wattage up/down button.

#3 Next step is to hold down the wattage up an down button (both) and the on/off button. By holding down these 3 buttons you should enter the advanced insanity menu. Scroll through this menu by using the wattage up button and select 'FSK Temp Curve'. I recommend starting at a low percentage first (maybe 3 or 4%) and press the fire button to confirm this. Then exit the menu.

Now on your home screen which displays the temperature or wattage depending on what you select (I will explain more).

If you are seeing temperature on this screen, press the fire button 3 times to change it to wattage. Now you should be seeing wattage and can make wattage adjustments. I would say set the wattage a bit high to avoid ramp up time.

Once you got the wattage set right, press the fire button 3 time to view the temperature and adjust the temperature to your liking.

Now comes the guess work, if you set the temperature to let's say 300°F then you would expect a warm vape. (Remember that Your FSK at this point is at 4% which you selected earlier on). Fire the atty and check if the vape is warm. If its still cool, up the FSK percentage using the method explained in #3. Test again and see if the vape is now warm. If its hot, then enter the FSK and drop the percentage.

Please let me know how it goes and if you need any help, feel free to ask.
@daniel craig ,thanks for the info and patience .I was able to get a much better vape and now that I can navigate the menu better I think I'll get my desired vape in time,right now it's 100% better.It is a great mod albeit a bit complicated to adjust,thanks again !

Yeah, their menu is different. I knew it when first started playing with the Slice - once I got what I wanted, just left it there and now have no idea how to adjust or use the menu. I attach their manual for you, maybe it could help.
YES @Andre ,although a great mod that is a real performer and a bargain it's a ***** to adjust and navigate .The video tutorials make me giggle as the owner zips through the steps like we are as familiar as he is with it.Still when it's set properly I love it.Thanks !

Regards
Thanks @Raindance ,it obviously gets me every time also but I agree this is a great mod.People should do themselves a favor and not be put off by the sometimes complicated menu because this is superior once set up right,and the price is ridiculous for what you get.

I know this is a really old thread, so I'm taking a chance here. Anyone have one or two of these mods that's dead? I need to harvest a 510 or two maybe. Broke mine while trying to remove it.

Back