Hohm Slice (By Hohm Tech)

Are you guys still happy with your Hohm Slice.
I need another mod because if unforseen issues and was looking at this

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Still loving mine, My paint is still on

31621a3d3df36b8a8ca81b605f0e8950.jpg

I treated mine very politely but the paint is bubbling where it makes contact with my hand and fingers. Seems I'm sweating paint striper or something. Upside is that i now have a kickass mod i can take anywhere without fear of scratches or bumps. It is almost like a Land Rover, if it leaked oil it would be.

Regards
Did you get yours from VC?

Hmmmm this or the VapeDroid C1D2 ...decisions decisions ... now someone buy my Minikin demmit :)

Mine (Silver one from VapeCartel) still going strong @GregF. Paint still 100%. I did put an o-ring around the 510 to prevent atomizers scratching around it. Solid device. Love the battery life. Same size as a Reo Grand - just thicker on the backside.

Are you guys still happy with your Hohm Slice.
I need another mod because if unforseen issues and was looking at this

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Still happy with the Slice and use it daily, I don't think you will be sorry if purchased.

Mine (Silver one from VapeCartel) still going strong @GregF. Paint still 100%. I did put an o-ring around the 510 to prevent atomizers scratching around it. Solid device. Love the battery life. Same size as a Reo Grand - just thicker on the backside.
Carefull @Andre, you'll give the girl a complex...

little bit of meat on the backside always a good thing :D. just how i like my ladies.

I have 2 unsqonkable regulated mods and I've had my eye on this mod for a long time. I don't NEED it, I WANT it.

My new year's resolution was to cool it on the gear. I'm as torn as Natalie Imbruglia.

I have 2 unsqonkable regulated mods and I've had my eye on this mod for a long time. I don't NEED it, I WANT it.

My new year's resolution was to cool it on the gear. I'm as torn as Natalie Imbruglia.
get it. You won't be in a hurry to get anything else after it. The hohmslice will help you save money.

get it. You won't be in a hurry to get anything else after it. The hohmslice will help you save money.

That's what I thought about my Hotcig R150. Although... That did stay as one of my main mods for half a year. My Cuboid turns 1 today and still works amazingly.

But a device with real temp control may finally get me into it and put Clapton's back in rotation without it warming the vape to "freshly boiled kettle steam" temperature.

That's what I thought about my Hotcig R150. Although... That did stay as one of my main mods for half a year. My Cuboid turns 1 today and still works amazingly.

But a device with real temp control may finally get me into it and put Clapton's back in rotation without it warming the vape to "freshly boiled kettle steam" temperature.
FYI, I had a hotcig R150 before the hohmslice. I have the hohmslice longer than I had the hotcig.

Sent from my E2333 using Tapatalk

On a related issue, the 26650 battery that comes with this device may take a few cycles to come into its own but long term performance is amazing. Better than the Brilpower which seems to impress initially but now no longer compares to the hohm grown. The fact that the mod purchase price includes a battery makes this a real good deal.

@Tockit, you and the rest of this thread have twisted my rubber arm. VC should get stock this month. I'm after a silver one.

@Tockit, you and the rest of this thread have twisted my rubber arm. VC should get stock this month. I'm after a silver one.
You will not be disappointed, I also have the silver, and the paint is holding up a lot better than the red (which I might also just sand down).
Hohm Slice and Vape Cartel's post sales service FTW!

The hohm slice is my primary day to day mod.
I have paired it with an avo 24 bottom airflow, got some Fused Aliens in there from the bearded vaper, and use it constantly between 80 - 90w.
This combo alone has seen 130mls of XXX alone. i cannot put it down. else it's the complyfe that's screwed on for my custard and dessert vapes, with standard kanthal 24g coils, on temp control.

Yesterday afternoons project was to nickel plate the Slice. This failed, possibly because this Zinc alloy may be more alloy than Zink. Back to the drawing board, thinking a decent paint may be the only solution now. Must say that the various shades of dark grey the plating turned into is rather attractive, if only it did not peal off. Would not mind getting the same effect with paint.
DSC_0403.JPG DSC_0404.JPG

Lesson learned, next...

Yesterday afternoons project was to nickel plate the Slice. This failed, possibly because this Zinc alloy may be more alloy than Zink. Back to the drawing board, thinking a decent paint may be the only solution now. Must say that the various shades of dark grey the plating turned into is rather attractive, if only it did not peal off. Would not mind getting the same effect with paint.
View attachment 81715 View attachment 81716

Lesson learned, next...
Probably should have used a base copper plate and then nickel.
Thats how they did my steel spokes and judging by the wear patches on my Alien's trim ring, the way Smok did it too.
If you're going the paint route, make sure to use a "special metals" primer.

Im also thinking im buying this mod cause of the good things im hearing about it. Does anyone know if vape cartel sells the LE version? I want the fast charging cause my ipower takes 5hrs to charge!

Back