Hohm Slice (By Hohm Tech)

adc12cb365c17e0786ea387e70467c2b.jpg
344e36282a97da1e5c66cd1823d47f5f.jpg

Hi. Anyone interested in buying my Slice. Just over a month old. Complete with box and all papers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please help Hohm Slice boffins.

I cannot get the mod back to Watts mode. If I click the Mode button 3 times quickly (as the manual says), it takes me to advanced TC mode with the options of Kanthal, NiCr of xXx. The main screen shows Watts and Celsius, not Watts only.

@Andre If you click 3 times again does it not shift you to the watt mode? Should cycle each 3-click through these: Watts -> Metal type TC (Not sure what is actually called) (Ti, SS, Ni) -> Advanced TC options (xxx, Kanthal, Ni80)

press top button 3times, then 3 times again to get to xxx make sure its blinking and 3 times again

@Andre If you click 3 times again does it not shift you to the watt mode? Should cycle each 3-click through these: Watts -> Metal type TC (Not sure what is actually called) (Ti, SS, Ni) -> Advanced TC options (xxx, Kanthal, Ni80)

press top button 3times, then 3 times again to get to xxx make sure its blinking and 3 times again
Thank you, clicking the Mode button 3 times twice did the trick.

i'm a little disappointed in the mod's finish and a lot disappointed in myself.
I dropped it once, unfortunately on tar as i has getting into my car. Now the paint is chipped and coming off consistently.
Any DIY projects out there to remove the paint completely and respray or finish it in a way that it looks good again?

20161208_140741.jpg My Setup
- Hohm Slice With Hohm Grown Battery set at 45w, 250deg, FSK 25% TC Kanthal
- Smok TF-RTA With G4 deck including original Quad Claptons at 0.16ohm. Wicked with Cotton Candy, Currently I have some Threesome in there.

What I Like:
Super fast charging from PC,
The Best Vape I have had in years.
Buttons are nice and Clicky,
Easy to use (in watts mode,)
Build Quality makes my Istick 60w look like a China Shop reject. This thing has weight.
Fires the C~^p out of anything I throw at it. This works beautifully,

What I don't like:
Hand feel. The straight edge at the bottom could have been rounded more.
Battery life of Hohm Grown Cell,
Very Steep learning curve if you have never used TC before.
Just like Andre had trouble going back to watts mode, I struggled a full 2hrs until I found a youtube video to help. ( however I did figure the Menu out quite quickly while trying to switch back)
The fact that I wanted a blue one, added to cart, got busy, 5 min later it was sold out. Although the black does look better with the TF-RTA.

I actually bought the TF-RTA from a forum member a whole week before I decided that I need more power. Everywhere I looked I could only find mods capable of firing above 0.1-0.15 ohm. The thing is, that was too high a limit for what I had planned to build at in my new tank..
Then @KrayFish404 suggested I have a look at the Slice, I broke my wallet (and robbed a bank:lipssealed:) and got one from the Cartel. I am still not disappointed.

View attachment 78097 My Setup
- Hohm Slice With Hohm Grown Battery set at 45w, 250deg, FSK 25% TC Kanthal
- Smok TF-RTA With G4 deck including original Quad Claptons at 0.16ohm. Wicked with Cotton Candy, Currently I have some Threesome in there.

What I Like:
Super fast charging from PC,
The Best Vape I have had in years.
Buttons are nice and Clicky,
Easy to use (in watts mode,)
Build Quality makes my Istick 60w look like a China Shop reject. This thing has weight.
Fires the C~^p out of anything I throw at it. This works beautifully,

What I don't like:
Hand feel. The straight edge at the bottom could have been rounded more.
Battery life of Hohm Grown Cell,
Very Steep learning curve if you have never used TC before.
Just like Andre had trouble going back to watts mode, I struggled a full 2hrs until I found a youtube video to help. ( however I did figure the Menu out quite quickly while trying to switch back)
The fact that I wanted a blue one, added to cart, got busy, 5 min later it was sold out. Although the black does look better with the TF-RTA.

I actually bought the TF-RTA from a forum member a whole week before I decided that I need more power. Everywhere I looked I could only find mods capable of firing above 0.1-0.15 ohm. The thing is, that was too high a limit for what I had planned to build at in my new tank..
Then @KrayFish404 suggested I have a look at the Slice, I broke my wallet (and robbed a bank:lipssealed:) and got one from the Cartel. I am still not disappointed.

The battery does get better after a few cycles. Charge it in bay charger a few times to get it a nice slow charge. after that you can use anything to charge

The battery does get better after a few cycles. Charge it in bay charger a few times to get it a nice slow charge. after that you can use anything to charge
Thanks Man, only problem is the bay charger, we have one at work for charging 18650 torch batteries, will that work with the 26650?

Thanks Man, only problem is the bay charger, we have one at work for charging 18650 torch batteries, will that work with the 26650?
I charge the 26650 on my i4. It does work. The battery life does get better after a cycle on an external charger. Mine lasts me a while but that may be because I vape at 40w.

If the slot is big enough to house the battery then it should work yes

Got the menu sorted now I think. Until I do not use the mod for some time and forget again:).

TC on Kanthal really works, but one some times have to fine tune again if you take off the tank and re-attach. Quite easy though.

Used to 18650 batteries on Reos, this battery seems never ending to me. I did the initial charge on an external charger. Despite the battery size the mod is very hand friendly.

Got the menu sorted now I think. Until I do not use the mod for some time and forget again:).

TC on Kanthal really works, but one some times have to fine tune again if you take off the tank and re-attach. Quite easy though.

Used to 18650 batteries on Reos, this battery seems never ending to me. I did the initial charge on an external charger. Despite the battery size the mod is very hand friendly.
With the latest update I don't think you have to fine tune it again. When you remove the tank from the mod, do not press the fire button. This way it will not clear the current settings.

With the latest update I don't think you have to fine tune it again. When you remove the tank from the mod, do not press the fire button. This way it will not clear the current settings.
I installed the latest update, and, no, it does not clear the current settings. It just reads the setup a little different from time to time, which means one has to do small adjustments to get it to your style. Like the guy from Hometech explained in that video.

Back