Hohm Slice (By Hohm Tech)

I installed the latest update, and, no, it does not clear the current settings. It just reads the setup a little different from time to time, which means one has to do small adjustments to get it to your style. Like the guy from Hometech explained in that video.
Yeah I saw that vid. You have to play with the fsk temp curve a little. When you find you sweet spot with the temp curve and you not using the auto + TC level mode. Lock your resistance. Then you don't have to adjust the temp curve.

Sent from my E2333 using Tapatalk

Anybody have a buddy in the States coming over maybe ? See there is a huge special on here

I should really stop view this thread as it pops up. FOMO is really nagging me to pull the trigger. Keeping fingers crossed for a small bonus at the end of the year, very unlikely, but then I will spoil myself.

Yeah I saw that vid. You have to play with the fsk temp curve a little. When you find you sweet spot with the temp curve and you not using the auto + TC level mode. Lock your resistance. Then you don't have to adjust the temp curve.

@Andre, Ignore my post above...obviously i was talking through my ass. yess you need to adjust the FSK temp curve when swapping tanks

@Andre, Ignore my post above...obviously i was talking through my ass. yess you need to adjust the FSK temp curve when swapping tanks
Hehe, fortunately I have not gotten around to trying your suggestion. I keep the FSK at 10 % and just adjust the temp up or down depending on how hot or cool the vape is after swapping.

Are you guys still happy with your Hohm Slice.
I need another mod because if unforseen issues and was looking at this

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

@GregF Still very happy, use it every day and I think the only thing that gets to me is that it isn't the prettiest device in the world (quite industrial, I do have the black one tho so that doesn't help). It is solid as ever though, feels like a well machined and solid thing in the hand, appears to be built to last. But extremely happy with how it works, not had an issue with it. Really great device imo

Yup, still happy with the performance even though the paint job didn't hold up, I have it all sanded down and now im trying to decide on what paint to use and the colour. Its the only device i have and it hasn't skipped a beat.

Yup, still happy with the performance even though the paint job didn't hold up, I have it all sanded down and now im trying to decide on what paint to use and the colour. Its the only device i have and it hasn't skipped a beat.
could i see how it looks sanded down? :)

Here you go. Hohmslice Raw.
e69ef55dd7a9a66ed31bdae5ddad5fd9.jpg

c7df0756b2a536278750455e020bee25.jpg

67e1f699f60bc4f156c84515f14c3b5b.jpg

c86230057da4a8a2a010a98bc592afb5.jpg

52316ed1e620d77903ade2815eeb95a3.jpg

aff24373481b8e156e6b18e585a41533.jpg

Just thought I would add in here, my paintjob is going strong. Bit of normal wear and tear but not peeling or anything, I don't treat it especially carefully either. I did see that the first runs paint wasn't the best. Think they may have rectified this now for the new buyers.

The raw one does look good!

it seems as the paint varies beteen the different colours. My friend has the blue. He got it a month ago and the paint came off after one scratch. Granted once a piece peels it does tend to expand over time. Mine has held up very strong from what its been through. Its been dropped many times. it goes in my pockets with keys have dropped beer all over it. I have decided i dont plan to sell it so i stopped worrying about keeping it in good nick. its a very good device to use as a work horse especially cause i can throw on bigger tanks that need 80W fire them and deplete my battery but not mind cause i can charge it right back up in 30 minutes...

But anyway the red one paint seems very strong and i purchased mine when this thread was started.
4cd4ad71-19e0-4262-8f83-d779fdcfc6da.jpg 3513822d-8f9b-4e36-be99-18ee539d6451.jpg

That looks the tits lol was it a mission? And what sand paper did you use?
naah wasn't to difficult, just some areas where the paint wasn't bubbling that took a bit longer but not by much though. i had some 120grit sand paper laying around and it worked a treat.

it seems as the paint varies beteen the different colours. My friend has the blue. He got it a month ago and the paint came off after one scratch. Granted once a piece peels it does tend to expand over time. Mine has held up very strong from what its been through. Its been dropped many times. it goes in my pockets with keys have dropped beer all over it. I have decided i dont plan to sell it so i stopped worrying about keeping it in good nick. its a very good device to use as a work horse especially cause i can throw on bigger tanks that need 80W fire them and deplete my battery but not mind cause i can charge it right back up in 30 minutes...

But anyway the red one paint seems very strong and i purchased mine when this thread was started.
View attachment 81304 View attachment 81305
Yeah mine looked the same as yours. if you run your finger nail up and down the peeled areas you will see the paint flakes more. it was then i decided fukkit and sanded it all off.

Just thought I would add in here, my paintjob is going strong. Bit of normal wear and tear but not peeling or anything, I don't treat it especially carefully either. I did see that the first runs paint wasn't the best. Think they may have rectified this now for the new buyers.

The raw one does look good!
That's what i thought aswell, Bought my mod on 24 October 2016. and then read about the paint peeling and mine was going strong till about the middle of December :D

That's what i thought aswell, Bought my mod on 24 October 2016. and then read about the paint peeling and mine was going strong till about the middle of December :D

Hmm, may be in trouble then :p

Mines looking even less worn than @Kalashnikov 's one so hoping all is good. But share the same opinion, not stressed if it gets hurt cause I won't be selling it. Great workhorse and the fast charging is great!! Spot on for a mod to have to power things at home

I treated mine very politely but the paint is bubbling where it makes contact with my hand and fingers. Seems I'm sweating paint striper or something. Upside is that i now have a kickass mod i can take anywhere without fear of scratches or bumps. It is almost like a Land Rover, if it leaked oil it would be.

Regards

Back