Hohm Slice (By Hohm Tech)

Would like to see some pictures of your guys devices ;-). i cant decide on black or red. Is the paint with lasting?

As it is pretty new, its difficult to say how long the paint will last. The Youtube reviews raved about the built and paint quality - ultimately it depends how you look after your device...
6266195d7d378c176640bd7cf07cf980.jpg

Last edited:
My opinion :) is that the paint job is baked onto the metal and will never flake.

BTW, I stuck an iJoy 26650 battery in today (3.7V, 4200mAh), as aposed to the Hohm battery which came with it, and it seems to be performing better... Used it exclusively today and battery % on 48%.

Anyone else tried another battery?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine arrived in vapemail form in Cape Town last Tuesday but i am sitting in a hotel up north. Damn, i am feeling extra homesick right now! Only getting a 17:20 flight back to civilisation tomorrow!

You do mean, OHMsick...don't you?

Sorry. Just had to. Enjoy the awesome looking device. This things look like a great combo between power, battery life, features and build quality!

BTW, I stuck an iJoy 26650 battery in today (3.7V, 4200mAh), as aposed to the Hohm battery which came with it, and it seems to be performing better... Used it exclusively today and battery % on 48%.

Anyone else tried another battery?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Their battery is made by the same company that makes LG batteries (Indonesia Chemistry). With the Hohm grown batteries, you can charge safely at 4A. I'm not sure with charging at 4A on the iJoy battery. Their battery should last longer since its 4307mah.

It does have a learning curve. It isn't as easy to operate as a joyetech mod and that's understandable since this mod has much more functionality. To get an idea of the user interface and basic navigation, check out their video on YouTube. Search for a channel called "hohm tech".
I hear you Daniel,mine just arrived in the mail today and I'm already scratching my head. I will hit up YouTube and see what I can do. It should keep me busy for a while.

I hear you Daniel,mine just arrived in the mail today and I'm already scratching my head. I will hit up YouTube and see what I can do. It should keep me busy for a while.
Yeah the guys do an extremely good video to show new users how to use the mod properly. Once you set it up properly I don't think you will want to use any other mod.

You do mean, OHMsick...don't you?

Sorry. Just had to. Enjoy the awesome looking device. This things look like a great combo between power, battery life, features and build quality!

Some excellent binary thinking there! Lol. Good one!

Got home and opened the vapemail before even removing my luggage from the car... (Note to self... remove luggage from car.) and received instant relief from feeling Hohmsick.

As response to some other comments above:
1. The battery door has some play but as mentioned before if no one mentioned it I would probably not have noticed. This is really a non issue.
2. The paint job is flawless although the OHM motives are not as pronounced as in the pictures. At first i thought they sent me the plain one but once out of the box and seen in a different light (and putting my glasses on) they became rather obvious in an unobtrusive way. Adds a touch of class I think.
3. Basic menu settings are rather intuitive although I have not ventured far into the advanced stuff. That is what today is for... (note to self... unpack car first..)
4. Presents a nice ergonomic fit in hand although the ridge on the bottom can be somewhat uncomfortable when holding it in the "over and under" style. See Pic.
5. It is growing on me despite my first impressions being somewhat apprehensive. My decision to buy was mainly motivated by the FSK chip technology I did/still feel that the overall design is a bit plain. I was considering Lost Vape Therion DNA75W as an alternative as I love its appearance. I guess it was a case of function over form and it may be unfair to compare the two builds as the Therion is twice the price.

hold.JPG
The over and under hold.
look.JPG bottom.JPG
The ridge on the bottom.

Cheers!

Yeah the guys do an extremely good video to show new users how to use the mod properly. Once you set it up properly I don't think you will want to use any other mod.
Went on line to try to learn to vape kanthal on temperature control and finally came up with 35w at 490 degrees on my melo tank and l must say it is quite a good vape.I'm really enjoying it.

Anyone using a TFV8 on it? Please share the settings for the pre-built coil...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw a couple of videos on YouTube w/ that tank on the slice. I am sure you can Google it.

Loving the reviews on this Mod. Please keep them coming. I am so keen on this one so far.
@Waine I have had mine for 3days and I love it.If a tech-boob like me can get it to work,anyone can.Got mine on line for $49.00+ free shipping,the limited edition.can'tbeat that! Now if I can only figure out how to drip w/, kanthal on tc. I 'll be in hog heaven.

I'm using a .50 kanthal coil head on the Melo.Are you doing a tank or rda? I would really like to be able to drip w/ kanthal on t.c.

@kev mac. Using an OBS Crius RTA. My coils are not perfect and I have intermittent problems. I think the dual coils may mess the chip around as well. Will use it on a Subtank with an RBA next to see if performance improves with a single coil. I think it would work on an RDA but I have not tried.

@kev mac. Using an OBS Crius RTA. My coils are not perfect and I have intermittent problems. I think the dual coils may mess the chip around as well. Will use it on a Subtank with an RBA next to see if performance improves with a single coil. I think it would work on an RDA but I have not tried.
@Raindance I just ordered an Atlantis Cleito as it seems the rule of thumb is subtanks w/prepare coil heads are the easiest to sync up with the Slice.That said I look forward to trying RTAs+RBAs on the Adv. Insanity menu when I get the courage,but dispite being a drip lover this mod has got me revisiting the subtank scene.

hi guys..

whats the feeling towards the kantthal tc on rebuildables..do you find consistency in flavour once you hit your fsk sweetspot?

Basically, Im hoping that this tech gives you consistency in flavour even whilst temps increase

Thanks

@incredible_hullk, I still need to build something less messed up than the dual Claptons I have in there now. I did mess this one up but I was too much in a hurry to try the Kanthall TC function to redo a better one.

hi guys..

whats the feeling towards the kantthal tc on rebuildables..do you find consistency in flavour once you hit your fsk sweetspot?

Basically, Im hoping that this tech gives you consistency in flavour even whilst temps increase

Thanks
Working toward trying the rda-rta thing but the t.c.on prebuilt kanthal heads is giving me a superior experience,better than I expected plus very consistent surprisingly very"set it and forget it".

Back