Hohm Slice (By Hohm Tech)

I get this intermittent flash across the bottom of the screen - like a little flash of light from left to right when on standby...?
I updated the firmware but it is still there - anyone else notice this or do I had a dud?
Also, I got a small smudge on the paint - battery cover.

Should I send it back to Sir Vape?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope never noticed this. Is there a new firmware out, I thought V1.2.3 was the latest

Mine arrived in vapemail form in Cape Town last Tuesday but i am sitting in a hotel up north. Damn, i am feeling extra homesick right now! Only getting a 17:20 flight back to civilisation tomorrow!

Just tried it on Kanthal TC and was blown away how easy it was to get it working.

Put it in TC KANTHAL adjust FSK curve to 25% and bam perfect TC scaling.

The temp is just an approximation, you need to adjust FSK to where you feel is right for the temp you set.

Then make sure the TC scales up and down with the temperature because if you're not in the correct range it will just output @max

Has anyone tried the 'fast charging' via the usb cable?

yes @2amp which is my most powerful chargers ability. 10% to 100% in roughly an hour.

The temp is just an approximation, you need to adjust FSK to where you feel is right for the temp you set.

Then make sure the TC scales up and down with the temperature because if you're not in the correct range it will just output @max

Thanks - will give it a go.

BTW, I returned my unit and got a new unit yesterday. Used it the whole day today and very happy. I'm on wattage mode as I have not had time to dig through the settings... Will play over the weekend

Thanks - will give it a go.

BTW, I returned my unit and got a new unit yesterday. Used it the whole day today and very happy. I'm on wattage mode as I have not had time to dig through the settings... Will play over the weekend

just a tip for Kanthal TC is put it in Kanthal mode. I know this sounds obvious but in the manual they advise you leave it is XXX mode, I couldn't get it working in that mode but Kanthal mode was quite easy.

I'd say start FSK curve at 10% and work upwards in 10s. I've had all my success below FSK 30%

This Mod looks a bit complicated. I am seriously considering getting one. I like mods with 26650 Batteries. Is it user friendly?

Mine arrived in vapemail form in Cape Town last Tuesday but i am sitting in a hotel up north. Damn, i am feeling extra homesick right now! Only getting a 17:20 flight back to civilisation tomorrow!
Still waiting for mine on backorder it's been 2wks.The site i bought it from sells them for 49.95usd.w/ free shipping so I think they got overwhelmed with orders,so now I wait.This is what happens when you try to save a few bucks.lol.

This Mod looks a bit complicated. I am seriously considering getting one. I like mods with 26650 Batteries. Is it user friendly?
It does have a learning curve. It isn't as easy to operate as a joyetech mod and that's understandable since this mod has much more functionality. To get an idea of the user interface and basic navigation, check out their video on YouTube. Search for a channel called "hohm tech".

I saw the clip with the dude who seems to own the company from California. He made it sound a little complicated. But I am willing to learn, if the mod gets some good reviews on this forum. I also enjoy: "Limited editions". The engraving on the surface looks very cool. I like the red / orange ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is as easy as an other TC device but has more depth if you want.

You don't need to go complicated if you just want to TC SS.

It is as easy as an other TC device but has more depth if you want.

You don't need to go complicated if you just want to TC SS.

Thanks. VW and TC SS will suit me fine. I like the price for what you get and the free 26650 battery. It seems like one the best value for money high end VW mods on the Sir Vape website.

I have yet to try Nichrome RTA built coils, but will soon. I see it has Nichrome TC too, if I'm not mistaken. (As well as Nickel)

Has anyone tried the 'fast charging' via the usb cable?

I have an 8 port 30A USB DIY charging station and it charges from low bat to full in an hour, about the same as the 2.1A USB wall charger. Does full charge in the i4 Nitecore in over 2 hours. Top up charges from about 70% to full under 20 mins.

Had TC working on the ccell 0.9 ceramic working when I first got it. First try at TC I hit the ccell at 400 deg Celsius and think I actually exhaled smoke. Made sure I check settings properly, twice before playing from then on.

Thanks. VW and TC SS will suit me fine. I like the price for what you get and the free 26650 battery. It seems like one the best value for money high end VW mods on the Sir Vape website.

I have yet to try Nichrome RTA built coils, but will soon. I see it has Nichrome TC too, if I'm not mistaken. (As well as Nickel)

It can TC not only those wires but every wire under the sun.

So anyone with this has the play on the battery door been fixed?

Nope - it's not a big deal though - the critics point to that as a flaw (as they would). It is so minor that you will hardly notice. I only noticed it once I was alerted by the naysayers - in the real world it has ZERO impact on your vaping experience.

The door does not fall off/come off during regular use - me thinks it is caused by the ribbon to remove the battery...

Don't worry about it...

Nope - it's not a big deal though - the critics point to that as a flaw (as they would). It is so minor that you will hardly notice. I only noticed it once I was alerted by the naysayers - in the real world it has ZERO impact on your vaping experience.

The door does not fall off/come off during regular use - me thinks it is caused by the ribbon to remove the battery...

Don't worry about it...
Would like to see some pictures of your guys devices ;-). i cant decide on black or red. Is the paint with lasting?

Back