Hosh Tokolosh/rhino V1 For Review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @denizenx , will help a lot - we have to remember possible women users as well with even smaller hands.!

I think we need to call on all the Reonauts to say where they prefer the fire button.

In my view, the position of the fire button can make or break this whole device.

The only box mod I have is the MVP. Its fire button is on the front face near the top. Works quite well with the side of the thumb which comes naturally to rest on it when holding the device. It is also a bit recessed and requires quite a press with the side of the thumb. Sometimes it is a bit difficult to press though.

I think we need to figure this out carefully and I agree with @Matthee's previous post that this is important.

What do the REO owners say about their fire buttons at the top?
Also, the REO fire button sticks out quite a bit.
Doesnt that make it more convenient and easier to use? Just saying. I am not a REO owner unfortunately...

Side button like a vtr is the most natural imo

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

ok what i did not take into account with my estimates was the fact that the atty side of the tokkie is rounded and will therefore feel much smaller in a persons hand, even my smallish ones so you will have a better grip and reach with your fingers

My suggestion is to leave the holes out for the 3d print. This way we can send the model around and get some suggestions for fire button and up/down button placement. Always better to have it in hand to figure out the small things. What do you guys think? We can always just drill the holes our selfs if we feel happy

My suggestion is to leave the holes out for the 3d print. This way we can send the model around and get some suggestions for fire button and up/down button placement. Always better to have it in hand to figure out the small things. What do you guys think? We can always just drill the holes our selfs if we feel happy
Or have all three down the side AND all three on top for a more realistic feel when testing, or is that not technically feasible? If not, I agree with TylerD's suggestion.

I fully agree @TylerD - I'm not far from the CSSR, so maybe I can get a 3D print done their as well?

just a question to the development team if the measurement were correct it is 5cm plus , the dna chip is 1.3 cm and you can fold over the screen to lay on top of the chip. could you not place the chip and screen on the top of the device next to the atty? you could save on some width this way?
if you are squonking with your middle or ring finger you can fire with your thumb and do adjustments

Thanks for that @Zegee, its one or the other; place it on top and the height needs to increase etc.

Okidoki!
I'm going to prep the casing for 3D printing.
I will be leaving out the firebutton and up/down button and screen holes.
When we have it in hand and can get a feel for it, then we can just make the holes etc.
Atleast we can then start fitting the insides and see if we have enough space inside etc.
In this way, we van also see if we can shuffle things around etc.
I think the first part now is to get something in hand to get a good feel for it.
You all ok with this? What do you think?

Okidoki!
I'm going to prep the casing for 3D printing.
I will be leaving out the firebutton and up/down button and screen holes.
When we have it in hand and can get a feel for it, then we can just make the holes etc.
Atleast we can then start fitting the insides and see if we have enough space inside etc.
In this way, we van also see if we can shuffle things around etc.
I think the first part now is to get something in hand to get a good feel for it.
You all ok with this? What do you think?
Yes, go for it, thank you.

Busy now with the 3d printing. My friend will run one example and bring it to me tmrw. Will post photo on hereas soon as i have it . After will post it to tylerD to check if is ok and if fine will do 2 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back