I Must Be Cursed...so I'm going back to basics

Its good to hear that. I love my tesla's but i know its a matter of time. The button on my 2/3 invader already sticks nd the chip in the 200WYE is really crap. I very badly wanted the dna lost vape drone bf but they discontinued it. Now im looking at the therion BF 75C? I dnu if its worth it. Ive heard very good things about the SX range. G class is just too pricey. For that type of money id rather grab a rebel vape.
When it comes to DNA and the like there are so many out there so take due diligence, do homework. I got the Triade due to the many good reviews I read,plus it is a looker imo.I was lucky to find it on a flash sale for $89.00 which didn't hurt either,so
look around for deals.I was able to grab my Q class for 150 bucks when the average was $200.I got that at my B+M so my relationship with them paid off.My problem is my impetuous nature when I want something and that's bit me a few times,my guess is that you are more sensible.Good hunting!

@kev mac maybe go down the potentmeter route!
That's what I'm thinking, plus I don't mind a little protection and being able to use tanks.l own a few full mechs but find them a bit one dimensional not to mention accidents in waiting .The Geek Vape pro and the Dovpo MVV both have pots as does my Cricket v2 (though only for series mode) a feature that has become a must for me with mechs.

When it comes to DNA and the like there are so many out there so take due diligence, do homework. I got the Triade due to the many good reviews I read,plus it is a looker imo.I was lucky to find it on a flash sale for $89.00 which didn't hurt either,so
look around for deals.I was able to grab my Q class for 150 bucks when the average was $200.I got that at my B+M so my relationship with them paid off.My problem is my impetuous nature when I want something and that's bit me a few times,my guess is that you are more sensible.Good hunting!
Lol seems my impulsive nature has caught me. I found a drone on the classifieds and hopefully things work well in a week or so. As you say there are just so many options. Except for dual 18650 DNA regulated squonker s. Its literally the drone and the rebel vape. And then some incredibly high end things like this: https://www.fynemods.co.uk/tay-dna250-dual-18650-squonker-by-fynemods.html

I did my research and from what i see the bottles are a bit difficult to press. That being said do you know if a squonker can take normal atty's? Will the pin connect or is it purely squonk pins that work.

Btw i love that triade. We have one sitting at the shop. We are next to a university so doubt itl ever be sold...but ill be waiting for that day to grab it.

an eleaf nor an rx200 has never let me down :D trustworthy brands right there; WISMEC: D
Except for the predator. My rx200s is still going. Well its the second one because the first one had to be warrantied. Usb didnt work. Now this ones usb is also dying. Getting back to the predator. Mines firing button would just get stuck and never stop firing. Then the 510 went loose and I watched as my tfv8 tank fell off it with the 510 still connected and smash. Out of the 10 predators we sold all 10 came back for warranty( they were all authentic we checked) . 510 problems, screen problems, firing button problems, software bugger ups. Their service is also dog shit. The only decent things they ever made were the noisy's. And even then the v1's needed a upgrade kit so as to not blow your hand off.....ill give you eleaf. Very solid. Aspire is decent too.

Lol seems my impulsive nature has caught me. I found a drone on the classifieds and hopefully things work well in a week or so. As you say there are just so many options. Except for dual 18650 DNA regulated squonker s. Its literally the drone and the rebel vape. And then some incredibly high end things like this: https://www.fynemods.co.uk/tay-dna250-dual-18650-squonker-by-fynemods.html

I did my research and from what i see the bottles are a bit difficult to press. That being said do you know if a squonker can take normal atty's? Will the pin connect or is it purely squonk pins that work.

Btw i love that triade. We have one sitting at the shop. We are next to a university so doubt itl ever be sold...but ill be waiting for that day to grab it.
You did well,I also see a need for more dual cell sqounks.I see no reason you couldn't use a regular dripper on a b.f.mod.
Also if you can grab the Triade for a good price go for it, Lost Vape seem to put out a good product, well built.So far I'm very happy with mine. Happy vapes!

That's what I'm thinking, plus I don't mind a little protection and being able to use tanks.l own a few full mechs but find them a bit one dimensional not to mention accidents in waiting .The Geek Vape pro and the Dovpo MVV both have pots as does my Cricket v2 (though only for series mode) a feature that has become a must for me with mechs.
Might be worth checking out Gearbest for Dovpo MVV got one a couple of weeks ago for only about $20 also the potentmeter version of the Smoant Charon is very good and Smoant mods are always well priced.

Might be worth checking out Gearbest for Dovpo MVV got one a couple of weeks ago for only about $20 also the potentmeter version of the Smoant Charon is very good and Smoant mods are always well priced.
I got the Dovpo at GB,ordered it last wk.Will check out the Charon.The Geek Vape pro1is on it's way also.

@Timwis ,I just ordered the Smoat mech you recommended at GB,for 27 bucks.So now I'm waiting for it along with the Dovpro MVV, and the Geek Vape pro mech.I guess we'll see where this leg of the Vape journey takes me,I hope I have better luck modwise. I Must admit I'm somewhat exited,this is a part of vapeing I love,the anticipation and sharing of ideas with forum mates.p.s. Just for good measure I ordered a Pico Dual (on sale for 25 bucks)I see lots of members with Pico single cell but I need duallies any info on this shot in the dark?

@Timwis ,I just ordered the Smoat mech you recommended at GB,for 27 bucks.So now I'm waiting for it along with the Dovpro MVV, and the Geek Vape pro mech.I guess we'll see where this leg of the Vape journey takes me,I hope I have better luck modwise. I Must admit I'm somewhat exited,this is a part of vapeing I love,the anticipation and sharing of ideas with forum mates.p.s. Just for good measure I ordered a Pico Dual (on sale for 25 bucks)I see lots of members with Pico single cell but I need duallies any info on this shot in the dark?
Sorry mate never had any of the pico's

My personal tip:
Light some incense sticks and meditate. How much worse can it get?....No Wait! I am not tempting anything!!

Except for the predator. My rx200s is still going. Well its the second one because the first one had to be warrantied. Usb didnt work. Now this ones usb is also dying. Getting back to the predator. Mines firing button would just get stuck and never stop firing. Then the 510 went loose and I watched as my tfv8 tank fell off it with the 510 still connected and smash. Out of the 10 predators we sold all 10 came back for warranty( they were all authentic we checked) . 510 problems, screen problems, firing button problems, software bugger ups. Their service is also dog shit. The only decent things they ever made were the noisy's. And even then the v1's needed a upgrade kit so as to not blow your hand off.....ill give you eleaf. Very solid. Aspire is decent too.
Stop charging with USB and get an external charger - gives better battery life and preserves the USB's for firmware upgrades. Did you not get battery imbalance before the usb's faded?

Sorry mate never had any of the pico's
OOPs,I did it again, I just ordered a Sigelie Moonbox (mechs w/potometer) .I never heard of it and I know I said I'd try not to be impulsive but when I saw it I couldn't resist. Wish I could post a pic but I only know how to download my camera .Any way I found a site called 2F Deal (pretty sure it is a China site)and they're array of stock and prices(free shipping) impressed me. When the new mech family arrives I'll post photos.

As far as I know I haven't walked under any ladders, broken a mirror, and I never put hats on a bed.
So I guess the Vape Gods are angry with me. In the last 3 weeks or so 3 of my mods have crapped the bed.
My Voo Poo Drag,then my relatively new Snow Wolf and today my Alien went haywire. They will be added to my box of shame with the other few broken mods.So my solution to this curse is to go back to basics.I've ordered 2 semi regulated mods,a Geek Vape pro mech and a DovpoMVV.I figure since most problems stem with the chip the semi mechs have less to go wrong.This maybe pretzel logic but it's the best I can come up with.
The first 3 of the new family, Dovpro,Geek Vape and Charon,waiting for my Moonshot.Must say I am very happy.20171201_195138.jpg 20171201_195138.jpg

Well we learn something every day! Thanks for the research and informative post @Alex.

Isopropyl Alcohol it is then. I think we use this as additive and cleaning solution for our high speed inkjet barcode labeling printers at work. If it is (I will check Monday) we are paying somewhere in the region of R199 for 2.5 liters of the stuff.

Regards
500m
@Raindance It can be bought at any pharmacy. I paid R63 for 500ml. A long time ago @Silver advised me to use this to clean my devices and 've done so ever since. Silver called it "rubbing alcohol" which is probably it's informal name. I also use just a wee bit to clean my hands if they're sticky after refilling the tank - it works 1,000 times better than soap and water. Since it is a disinfectant, I want to buy some fragrant essential oils next year, add to the rubbing alcohol and I'll have a waterless hand sanitiser at a fraction of the cost compared to those from Clicks/Dischem.

20171203_123704.jpg

500m
@Raindance It can be bought at any pharmacy. I paid R63 for 500ml. A long time ago @Silver advised me to use this to clean my devices and 've done so ever since. Silver called it "rubbing alcohol" which is probably it's informal name. I also use just a wee bit to clean my hands if they're sticky after refilling the tank - it works 1,000 times better than soap and water. Since it is a disinfectant, I want to buy some fragrant essential oils next year, add to the rubbing alcohol and I'll have a waterless hand sanitiser at a fraction of the cost compared to those from Clicks/Dischem.

View attachment 115158
@Hooked ,and when things get a bit hard a wee tad in some orange juice does the trick.lol

OOPs,I did it again, I just ordered a Sigelie Moonbox (mechs w/potometer) .I never heard of it and I know I said I'd try not to be impulsive but when I saw it I couldn't resist. Wish I could post a pic but I only know how to download my camera .Any way I found a site called 2F Deal (pretty sure it is a China site)and they're array of stock and prices(free shipping) impressed me. When the new mech family arrives I'll post photos.
Here's the latest addition to the semi reg collection. This is an unusual piece,light as a feather because it's made of plastic and tin (like the Moonshot box) but it Vapes great.The potometer allows one to dial in plenty of power and the fire button is nicely clicky.No telling how it'll hold up but for 22usd it's almost replaceable. I'm enjoying it and think it's a great looker.I give it an early thumbs up!

Attachments

• 20180108_160317.jpg
    20180108_160317.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 33
Here's the latest addition to the semi reg collection. This is an unusual piece,light as a feather because it's made of plastic and tin (like the Moonshot box) but it Vapes great.The potometer allows one to dial in plenty of power and the fire button is nicely clicky.No telling how it'll hold up but for 22usd it's almost replaceable. I'm enjoying it and think it's a great looker.I give it an early thumbs up!
I've got one i ordered before Xmas should receive it soon.

@kev mac A potometer "is a device used for measuring the rate of water uptake of a leafy shoot." Never heard it mentioned with respect to vaping! Curious ... would love an explanation and close-up pic, if you can ...

I think in hindsight he shortened the word. He probably potentiometer :)

I got the blue one,
it is fantastic, have had it for a week and 0 issues, battery life is good, power is good,
and it weighs nothing

Back