Igo-l

Smokyg

All day Vaper
VIP
LV

Awards
This is my log awaited review of the IGO-L i won in the Face Behind The Post Comp :D

IGO-L Dripping Atomizer

Stock out of the box the IGO-L performed quite well with good flavour and vapour production with a 6 wrap 32g coil on a 2mm drill bit.

However the draw was a bit to tight for my taste so i went ahead and drilled out the hole to 2mm in the top cap and holy vapour, it doubled vapour production and flavour, with the same coil.

The IGO-L is my all day vaping atomizer. From when i wake up to when i go to sleep.

Thanks again @Matthee

I hope this was informative as its my 1st review ever. Lol

This is my log awaited review of the IGO-L i won in the Face Behind The Post Comp :D

IGO-L Dripping Atomizer

Stock out of the box the IGO-L performed quite well with good flavour and vapour production with a 6 wrap 32g coil on a 2mm drill bit.

However the draw was a bit to tight for my taste so i went ahead and drilled out the hole to 2mm in the top cap and holy vapour, it doubled vapour production and flavour, with the same coil.

The IGO-L is my all day vaping atomizer. From when i wake up to when i go to sleep.

Thanks again @Matthee

I hope this was informative as its my 1st review ever. Lol

nice review @Smokyg

how much juice do you go through using the dripper whole day?

nice review @Smokyg

how much juice do you go through using the dripper whole day?
Thanks @Riaz , i honestly have no idea, If i must guess ill say 40 to 50 drops a day, depending on VG content, higher VG juice lasts MUCH longer... Average about 5ml max.

I can vouch for the Vapor production. Kicks my KayFuns ass.

Thanks @Smokyg, glad your are enjoying the dripper. Many vapers drill out the air hole. I prefer tighter draw for more throat hit.

I would be great if someone could compare the Igo-L to another dripper like the Trident. Also, the Igo doesn't have tail holes right? So setting up a dual coil would be very tricky.

I would be great if someone could compare the Igo-L to another dripper like the Trident. Also, the Igo doesn't have tail holes right? So setting up a dual coil would be very tricky.
Sadly the IGO-L is my only dripper, nope, no tail holes and only 2 posts and one air hole, so dual coil is close to impossible without serious modification, if you want to go dual coil rather go for the IGO-W or IGO-W3...

With practice wrapping the IGO-L becomes a lot easier..

Also noticed that longer legs certainly makes it a lot easier to tie down.

Sadly the IGO-L is my only dripper, nope, no tail holes and only 2 posts and one air hole, so dual coil is close to impossible without serious modification, if you want to go dual coil rather go for the IGO-W or IGO-W3...

no serious modification needed, just another air hole

With practice wrapping the IGO-L becomes a lot easier..

Also noticed that longer legs certainly makes it a lot easier to tie down.
Agreed, i can wrap coils with my eyes closed, only time i ran into some trouble was when i built a triple twisted coil i struggled to get them in, but i then went to a hobby shop and bought 4 small washers, 2 on each post so they grip the trip twists and no problems then, sadly the Ego twist cant really fire that bad boy efficiantly, the svd has no problem tho, sadly its not mine so back to normal micro coils for now, it does the job so no harm there.

I actually did do dual coils on the Igo-L some months ago. Performed fine for me with the one air hole. But more than adequate with just one coil.
xbKoYu9.jpg

I actually did do dual coils on the Igo-L some months ago. Performed fine for me with the one air hole. But more than adequate with just one coil.
Very nice! Sure a second air hole would make a massive difference.

Very nice! Sure a second air hole would make a massive difference.
Very probably for your taste, but then it becomes less useable for single coils. Rather get a dripper designed for dual coils imo.

Very probably for your taste, but then it becomes less useable for single coils. Rather get a dripper designed for dual coils imo.
Oh yes most definately! I am a single coiler, just because i cant go dual yet...

Nothing that a little insolation tape cant fix! Love that stuff

I have tried with a dripper before but it was one of those little things and the hardware was just kak and I threw it into the gorge below the house…

iGo-L-1.jpg

On recommendation I thought I would try the iGo-L and I bought 2 of them because I’m over testing juice in the commercial tanks because it’s such a pain cleaning and changing coils etc…

They came with dual coils installed (silica) and I thought what the hell lets slap one on the Sigelei 20W and give it horns… not the best idea I have had and I’m sure there were some pubs and engine oil in the tank… yech!

OK rip out the coils and into the basin we go with sunlight soap and hot water… dry everything off and realise that the drilled hole wasn’t done too well and there are sharp edges inside the cap where they didn’t file it down and smooth it out… will have to find a baby file to smooth it down later… out with the coil making stuff and 10 wraps of 28g and a 1,3 Ω coil done! Wick made with organic cotton from Dischem and we are ready to rock and roll.

iGo-L-2.jpg

I’m testing Craft Vapour Juices and the juice of choice for this test is Matterhorn Menthol! I put in 10 drops and fired the Sigelei 20 at 8watts… Nice vapour production and very good flavour. This little iGo-L is ideal for testing juices thanks Hi Ho @Silver! And yes I know @Andre recommended it to you but you made me buy them! Excellent choice for a juice tester.

I would have preferred that the posts have holes in them but wrapping the wire around the screw and tightening it worked pretty easily.

iGo-L-3.jpg

Bottom line is the iGo-L is perfect for testing juices.

Maybe I should put the second one on a mech mod to test the next juice....

I have tried with a dripper before but it was one of those little things and the hardware was just kak and I threw it into the gorge below the house…

View attachment 6784

On recommendation I thought I would try the iGo-L and I bought 2 of them because I’m over testing juice in the commercial tanks because it’s such a pain cleaning and changing coils etc…

They came with dual coils installed (silica) and I thought what the hell lets slap one on the Sigelei 20W and give it horns… not the best idea I have had and I’m sure there were some Chinese pubs and engine oil in the tank… yech!

OK rip out the coils and into the basin we go with sunlight soap and hot water… dry everything off and realise that the drilled hole wasn’t done too well and there are sharp edges inside the cap where they didn’t file it down and smooth it out… will have to find a baby file to smooth it down later… out with the coil making stuff and 10 wraps of 28g and a 1,3 Ω coil done! Wick made with organic cotton from Dischem and we are ready to rock and roll.

View attachment 6782

I’m testing Craft Vapour Juices and the juice of choice for this test is Matterhorn Menthol! I put in 10 drops and fired the Sigelei 20 at 8watts… Nice vapour production and very good flavour. This little iGo-L is ideal for testing juices thanks Hi Ho @Silver! And yes I know @Andre recommended it to you but you made me buy them! Excellent choice for a juice tester.

I would have preferred that the posts have holes in them but wrapping the wire around the screw and tightening it worked pretty easily.

View attachment 6783

Bottom line is the iGo-L is perfect for testing juices.

Maybe I should put the second one on a mech mod to test the next juice....

I absolutely love my IGO-L. Still use it every day all day! Drilled the air hole to 3.2mm. Produces serious clouds, as you can see on the JHB vape meet video. :)

Im concidering buying a 2nd one as i have recoiled it so much the negative post started bending a bit, but its still in there really good. But just in case one day it does come out im stuck with nothing. Lol.

The 2nd mod i did was filed the posts just a bit, on the top so the surface is slightly flatter and it also exposes the raw brass. And i replaced the screws with MacBook screws as they are machined perfectly flat so it holds the coil tails better and it much easier to get them to stay. That is if you have a few dead MacBook's lying around.

I don't know why I waited so long to invest in a dripper to test juices... I should have done this a long time ago! What a goose!

I know @Andre told me when I started out but I thought the whole idea of a dripper was a doff idea... not so much!

Now I have to work out what the best number of drops are to stick in the dripper each time?

nicely done oom rob

if you have some light grit sand paper, you can use that to smoothen the inside of the airhole

I don't know why I waited so long to invest in a dripper to test juices... I should have done this a long time ago! What a goose!

I know @Andre told me when I started out but I thought the whole idea of a dripper was a doff idea... not so much!

Now I have to work out what the best number of drops are to stick in the dripper each time?

Lol, its the best thing since vaping! :) I stick to 15 drops at a time.

It is.... But oh the vapour... !! It you like a tight draw, dont do it!! Although i wont go back!
mine is only drilled to 2mm, and i only use it when i want a real skop LOL

doing mouth to lung on mine is already difficult, imagine 3.2mm :D

mine is only drilled to 2mm, and i only use it when i want a real skop LOL

doing mouth to lung on mine is already difficult, imagine 3.2mm :D
No mouth to lung hits possible with this one. Lung hits only :D

Back