Rob Fisher

ECIGSSA Admin
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
FINES MASTER
LV

Awards
OK this is going to be the shortest review in history!

When I ordered my beloved Original Russian 91% I added an UD IGO-W Rebuildable Atomizer at a cost of $15.99 to the basket!

After chatting to Hi Ho on the phone this morning I thought I would delve into the world of dual coil drippers! So I got all my tools out and cut a length of 28g Kanthal and fired it and then cut to length and started to make my coils...

On first coil I screwed in the one leg and left the other leg long till I had finished the second coil but screwed down leg just broke away? OK Let's redo it and be a lot more gentle this time... Whoops it broke on the same leg again... let's be really gentle this time... the third coils leg broke... I think the screw is cutting the wire rather than securing it!

So it can be summed up as a piece of KAK and an Epic Fail! I assume at that price it's a clone... :-@

:D LOL Rob, I said on another thread I'm "finish-n-klaar" with clones, its just a total waste of money.

OK this is going to be the shortest review in history!

When I ordered my beloved Original Russian 91% I added an UD IGO-W Rebuildable Atomizer at a cost of $15.99 to the basket!

After chatting to Hi Ho on the phone this morning I thought I would delve into the world of dual coil drippers! So I got all my tools out and cut a length of 28g Kanthal and fired it and then cut to length and started to make my coils...

On first coil I screwed in the one leg and left the other leg long till I had finished the second coil but screwed down leg just broke away? OK Let's redo it and be a lot more gentle this time... Whoops it broke on the same leg again... let's be really gentle this time... the third coils leg broke... I think the screw is cutting the wire rather than securing it!

So it can be summed up as a piece of KAK and an Epic Fail! I assume at that price it's a clone... :-@

Sorry to hear this Rob, I was looking forward to your opinion on standard, non RM2 drippers. The Igo's are one of the cheaper brands, $16 seems a fair price for the authentic Igo-W. It's just tough luck with the screw ends, maybe you can file them blunt with something like this?

download.jpg
Trapping the kanthal under the screw heads is also an option, it might be tricky though.

Don't give up, good luck!

Here is a pic of the said piece of crap... very different to the one I have seen available locally?

IGO-W 001.JPG IGO-W 002.JPG

Sorry to hear this Rob, I was looking forward to your opinion on standard, non RM2 drippers. The Igo's are one of the cheaper brands, $16 seems a fair price for the authentic Igo-W. It's just tough luck with the screw ends, maybe you can file them blunt with something like this?

Trapping the kanthal under the screw heads is also an option, it might be tricky though.​

Don't give up, good luck!

The tools are packed away... my concentration span isn't the greatest at the best of times... but I like the idea of putting the wire on the screw heads... and when I go to the hardware store tomorrow I'll get a small metal file and see if I can fix this wonderful device! :-(

Rob . I have had tje same kinda problem . Filling the screws works and the post holes can be smoothed by wiggling a thick sewing needle in the holes . Then when tightening the kanthal in the holes just let it bight and hold the kanthal .move onto other poles and come back later to each for a small tighten . It does NOT tighten like a post on a RBA . You do not get to tighten it tight .

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Rob . I have had tje same kinda problem . Filling the screws works and the post holes can be smoothed by wiggling a thick sewing needle in the holes . Then when tightening the kanthal in the holes just let it bight and hold the kanthal .move onto other poles and come back later to each for a small tighten . It does NOT tighten like a post on a RBA . You do not get to tighten it tight .

Thanks Rowan... will try and fix it tomorrow... what a stupid build... someone needs to be kicked in the face for this!

Rob if you still have issues you can always send it up this way for somebody to build it for you ...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Back