iJust Start Charging but not Firing

Hooked

Vapin' up a Storm
LV

Awards
My iJust Start (N.B. this is not the same as the iJust S) shows that it's fully charged, but it doesn't fire. It's completely dead, although the light shows that it's charged. I thought perhaps something had come loose so I took it apart and put everything back on again. Any idea of what the problem could be?

Have you tried changing coils or did anything look funky between the atomiser and battery ?

IS there not a turn on/off sequence of fire button presses that you perhaps pressed by accident? Usually three or five clicks on and when repeated off?

Good luck

Have you tried changing coils or did anything look funky between the atomiser and battery ?

@Smoke_A_Llama lol nothing looks funky. I'll try changing the coil and report back, but nothing tasted off the last time I vaped, which is an indicator that a coil needs changing, isn't it? Anyway, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

It’s very unlikely but if the coil physically broke or came loose the circuit will be broken, preventing current from flowing which will turn your ijust into a shiny paper weight :D

I will put money on the coil... either a dud or it's not screwed in tight enough and not making contact.

Hi @Smoke_A_Llama @Raindance @Rob Fisher
The issue remains unresolved and a great mystery to me. I've dismantled everything, put it all back together again making sure that nothing is loose. I've put a new coil in but the device is dead. It's no longer an iJust Start - it's an iJust Strike. At least it's not toy-toying. That would really get me worried. I'll take it to the friendly guys at Mr Tobacco - maybe they can help me. Thanks to all of you for your advice - much appreciated anyway! :h:

Sorry to hear about the troubles @Hooked

It does however demonstrate the importance of having a backup
Sometimes these electronic devices just decide to stop working!

Sorry to hear about the troubles @Hooked

It does however demonstrate the importance of having a backup
Sometimes these electronic devices just decide to stop working!

@Silver fear not I have 3 other devices! iJustS (not the same as iJust Start), Twisp Mini Vega (my SPECIAL baby - love it!!) and the Innoken with Bumblebee sent me. How is this possible? Three months ago vaping wasn't even in my thoughts, let alone my cupboard!

@Silver fear not I have 3 other devices! iJustS (not the same as iJust Start), Twisp Mini Vega (my SPECIAL baby - love it!!) and the Innoken with Bumblebee sent me. How is this possible? Three months ago vaping wasn't even in my thoughts, let alone my cupboard!

My ego, cupti and evic agree, good luck with getting it sorted out

I know you have backups @Hooked!
And that is a great thing

Was just wanting to highlight to other newer vapers how important it is to have AT LEAST TWO proper vape setups in case one goes on the blink...

Was just wanting to highlight to other newer vapers how important it is to have AT LEAST TWO proper vape setups in case one goes on the blink...

I have convinced my wife that one should have plenty backups on a more serious note however, backups are absolutely critically important. (And my wife supports me 200% - and she has great taste in vaping equipment )

Sent by iDad's iPhone

My iJust Start (N.B. this is not the same as the iJust S) shows that it's fully charged, but it doesn't fire. It's completely dead, although the light shows that it's charged. I thought perhaps something had come loose so I took it apart and put everything back on again. Any idea of what the problem could be?

From the symptoms you describe, it could potentially be the power switch which might have failed. This is a little surface mount micro switch soldered onto the pcb. It requires a hot air reflow station and a bit of skill to replace. Might even be difficult to find the exact dimensions of the switch locally but worth a try if you feel comfortable and have the required skills.

Here's a link to a video on youtube. Although this video is for the Ijust 2, the process should be more or less the same for the ijust s:

You're quite right @Silver and it's not only in case one goes on the blink, but it's the time that they take to charge as well. Last night I had no problems with charging - the whole town was without electricity! I managed to charge one of my Vinto e-cigs with a powerbank, but if that hadn't worked - well, I've always got a stock of Nicorette nicotine gum!

You're quite right @Silver and it's not only in case one goes on the blink, but it's the time that they take to charge as well. Last night I had no problems with charging - the whole town was without electricity! I managed to charge one of my Vinto e-cigs with a powerbank, but if that hadn't worked - well, I've always got a stock of Nicorette nicotine gum!

Hope your power came back @Hooked

From the symptoms you describe, it could potentially be the power switch which might have failed. This is a little surface mount micro switch soldered onto the pcb. It requires a hot air reflow station and a bit of skill to replace. Might even be difficult to find the exact dimensions of the switch locally but worth a try if you feel comfortable and have the required skills.

Here's a link to a video on youtube. Although this video is for the Ijust 2, the process should be more or less the same for the ijust s:

@Snowman Thank you for all your trouble, especially in searching for a video which would help me. I certainly don't have the skills to try something like that, but I'll take it to one of the vape shops and see if they can help. You are most kind and helpful! :)

Hope your power came back @Hooked
@Silver Power was restored the following morning, which was great! The last time we had a power outtage it lasted for 3 days!!! Fortunately that was before I started vaping. We are sooo dependent on electricity. When there's no power nothing can be charged - no vape device, no phones, no laptop, no toothbrush - and Murphy's Law EVERYTHING that I had needed charging! Ah well, that's the way the crumble cookies!

Back