Impressions and short review of the aspire ET

Jan

I only smoke clays
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
First things first, why would I buy the ET when I already have the Nautilus Big and Mini. Well I needed a clearomizer that I did not care much for, especially when I go to a bar or is on the clay target range I don’t want to be worried about a piece of Pyrex glass that might break at any moment.

The Nautilus range is brilliant but I am always concerned that they will be damaged and or broken. So I searched for a cheap and nasty with a plastic tank, something that can take a bit more of a beating and that if it breaks won’t break the bank or my heart. Bottom line a clearomizer that I am not sorry for.

Enter the Aspire ET

My first impression of the clearomizer was how light it is, the plastic tank really makes a difference. When I opened her up I did frown a bit and was disappointed for how cheap it felt in my hands and then it struck me this is a cheap tank. However in use ie vaping the tank does not feel cheap at all.

The draw is fairly tight and I personally prefer a very airy draw so out came the drill and I drilled the air holes to 1.5mm. A very simple task to do, normally I would not have attempted this but again since the ET is so cheap I figured if I make a mess of it then so be it.

The flavour and vapour production is close enough to the Nautilus (which is my benchmark). Let me put it this way when I use the ET I don’t miss the flavour or vapour production that I get from the Nautilus. In fact probably 60-70% of my vaping the last month were done on my ET.

Conclusion: I set out to buy a cheap and nasty yes the ET is cheap but it is definitely not nasty if you are in the market for a clearomizer with good flavour and vapour production this is in my opinion a great buy.

Foot notes:

I did have a leaking issue with mine but I suspect I damaged one of the seals and it got an air leak. I replaced my first coil after three weeks not that it actually needed replacement but i just felt like it, keep in mind I generally don’t vape very dark liquids so I get longer life from my coils.

The ET needs at least 4v of power so I don’t think it will work that great on an ego or a twisp style battery. It is a blast on the istick though

Happy vaping
J

Super, thanks for sharing @Jan
What is the juice capacity? And how much do the coils cost?

Super, thanks for sharing @Jan
What is the juice capacity? And how much do the coils cost?
3ml which is nice. I am not sure if I am allowed to give the vendors name but if you shop arround you get the coils for R125 for 5 that same vendor sells the ET for R90

J

First things first, why would I buy the ET when I already have the Nautilus Big and Mini. Well I needed a clearomizer that I did not care much for, especially when I go to a bar or is on the clay target range I don’t want to be worried about a piece of Pyrex glass that might break at any moment.

The Nautilus range is brilliant but I am always concerned that they will be damaged and or broken. So I searched for a cheap and nasty with a plastic tank, something that can take a bit more of a beating and that if it breaks won’t break the bank or my heart. Bottom line a clearomizer that I am not sorry for.

Enter the Aspire ET

My first impression of the clearomizer was how light it is, the plastic tank really makes a difference. When I opened her up I did frown a bit and was disappointed for how cheap it felt in my hands and then it struck me this is a cheap tank. However in use ie vaping the tank does not feel cheap at all.

The draw is fairly tight and I personally prefer a very airy draw so out came the drill and I drilled the air holes to 1.5mm. A very simple task to do, normally I would not have attempted this but again since the ET is so cheap I figured if I make a mess of it then so be it.

The flavour and vapour production is close enough to the Nautilus (which is my benchmark). Let me put it this way when I use the ET I don’t miss the flavour or vapour production that I get from the Nautilus. In fact probably 60-70% of my vaping the last month were done on my ET.

Conclusion: I set out to buy a cheap and nasty yes the ET is cheap but it is definitely not nasty if you are in the market for a clearomizer with good flavour and vapour production this is in my opinion a great buy.

Foot notes:

I did have a leaking issue with mine but I suspect I damaged one of the seals and it got an air leak. I replaced my first coil after three weeks not that it actually needed replacement but i just felt like it, keep in mind I generally don’t vape very dark liquids so I get longer life from my coils.

The ET needs at least 4v of power so I don’t think it will work that great on an ego or a twisp style battery. It is a blast on the istick though

Happy vaping
J

awesome write up @Jan
all of us are in need of a knock around atty/clearo and with the amount of detail and explanation you gave it becomes quite easy to judge the apire et and do a comparison from there.

thanks for sharing your thoughts

im a huge fan of the aspire ET. its a high quality product for a low price.

the ET is lightweight, holds alot of juice and is perfect for days when im out on site. fill it once in the morning and no worries about running low on juice the mini protank 3 would need me to fill up 3 times a day. forget the bottle of juice in the car or office and then suffer in silence :(

no changable drip tip :(

it crackles !!! the BVC coils fire up really well and have always produced great vape, but the crackles do get a bit much. on full power on the spinner ive had a few tiny drops hit my tongue but nothing serious. the crackles are a bit loud and my non-vaping friends do give me a few concerned looks when the hear it.

the plastic tank has rubber o-rings everywhere! no-leaks.

there is a bit of gurgling when the level of juice drops to the same hieght as the top of the coil, but once it falls lower then the gurgling goes away. i blame gravity on this one so not much can be done about it, lol

the standard coil lasted 4 weeks before i noticed any considerable drop in quality.

but then mine broke.....

the plastic tank shredded just below the top screw on cap. i have a feeling that constant opening and closing weakened the plastic. when i compared the plastic to that of other plastic tanks i did find i to be thinner. BUT then the ET-S was launched with a stainless steel tank so my faith was restored !

all things considered a 9/10 tank especially considering the price.

Back