Impressions of the gCeramic 0.9 ohm coil in a Trinity bell cap.

One thing I don't like about the Kangertech coil heads is the holes for the juice to wick through is half way up the coil head. I have always though it would be better if it was lower down. It is very easy for the juice level in the tank to drop below the wicking holes without noticing and getting a dry hit.

Dave

I don't think Kangertech make these coils. From what I can see, the outer casing is exactly the same as the GClapton. Could be laziness or a rush to get to market ?

Might be interesting to see if Kanger make ceramics and if they do, will they just clone their SSOC designs ?

Hey @DaveH, really impressed with your skills on the slotting of coils, makes perfect sense. Thanks for objective and informative review of these coils, really good job mate.

I don't think Kangertech make these coils. From what I can see, the outer casing is exactly the same as the GClapton.
Maybe my post was miss-read or I didn't write it in a clear enough manner.
The pic below may help to clear it up.
The Kangertech coil head is on the left. (It says Kangertech on it). The gCeramic coil head is on the right.
IMG_2154.jpg

This pic shows the position of the wicking holes.
IMG_2156.jpg

The outer casings are a different shape. The Kangertech is square with rounded corners and the gCeramic is hexagonal with rounded corners.
IMG_2153.jpg

I hope that has made it a bit clearer for you @WARMACHINE
:)
Dave

The Bellcap is on it's 15th fill.
Thought I would take a pic. There is some discolouring compared to a new unused one.
The new unused one is on the right.

IMG_2166.jpg

Dave

You guys know how easy the Subtank RBA deck is to use and how really REALLY good it tastes?... Just saying... Takes me 15 minutes and I have a clean coil wicked up and ready to rock. These ceramics seem... well... backwards.

Bellcap on 30th refill ............ B o r i n g :rolleyes:
Dave
How's the discolouration now of the ceramic coils? I'm super impressed with these ceramic coils

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

How's the discolouration now of the ceramic coils? I'm super impressed with these ceramic coils

I checked the discolouration 3 or 4 refills ago - it is discolured but whether it is any worst than it was at the 15th refill not really sure.
Tomorrow when it is refilled I will take some photos and compare it to an unused one and another Gceramic in the toptank.

Dave

Last edited:
I checked the discolouration 3 or 4 refills ago - it is discolured but whether is is any worst than it was at the 15th refill not really sure.
Tomorrow when it is refilled I will take some photos and compare it to at unused one and another Gceramic in the toptank.

Dave
Thanks Dave

The centre coil is unused.
The coil on the left 30 fills Bellcap. The coil on the right 18 fills Subtank mini topfill.

IMG_2167.jpg

As can be seen both coils compared to the centre (unused) one are discoloured. The amount of discoluration seems equal although in the photo one may appear darker than the other. No detectable difference in the discolouration was detected by closer side by side examination.
Both coils are used between 20 and 24 watts on a daily basis.
Dave

The centre coil is unused.
The coil on the left 30 fills Bellcap. The coil on the right 18 fills Subtank mini topfill.

View attachment 51670

As can be seen both coils compared to the centre (unused) one are discoloured. The amount of discoluration seems equal although in the photo one may appear darker than the other. No detectable difference in the discolouration was detected by closer side by side examination.
Both coils are used between 20 and 24 watts on a daily basis.
Dave
Awesome thanks @DaveH

The Trinity Bellcap has 50 fills approx 200 ml. over a period of 41 days (a day short of 6 weeks). I have used a tankful per day except during the first week or so when it was 1.5 to 2 tanks per day.
I decided to see if the flavour has diminished since the start, I would have liked to use two Bellcaps for the comparison but I only have one so I used two Toptanks.

The flavour comparison was carried out between the ceramic coil (gCeramic 0.9 ohm) from the Bellcap with 41 days use and 200ml of juice, and a brand new unused gCeramic 0.9 ohm coil both in Toptanks.

Priming the new coil. It was primed it with some juice in the top and the side holes of the coil head and the tank filled, I sucked on the tank with the air holes closed off and no power. After 5 to 6 sucks - no air bubbles I then started to vape starting at 12 watts increasing in increments of 2 Watts until 28 Watts.
I vape at 22Watts MTL. and not one dry hit.

I vaped that tank full, refilled it and did a flavour comparison between the two tanks at 22 Watts and 24 Watts.

I could not determine any flavour difference between the two coils - this confirmed my suspicion that I am useless at tasting :confused:

I have been tasting all day - standing on one leg, one hand behind my back, eyes wide closed, eyes wide open and I do notice (sometimes) a difference but it is so consistence it is meaningless.

The only thing I can say is the first gCeramic 0.9 ohm coils in the Bellcap vaping at 22 to 24 Watts MTL do last very well, 200ml (50 tank fulls).

The other thing is the old coil head is more "leaky" than the new coil head especially with the last quarter of juice. However this could well be due to the modification I did to the coil head. (May be this is the reason why Kangertech use a hole for the juice and not a slot all the way to the bottom :cool:)

That's it for now folks :)
Dave

Last edited:
Some one told me that the ccell 0.5 and 0.9 to overcome the dry hits etc soak it in a mug with boiling water. Take it out after a few hours prime with juice 5 to 6 zero power pulls and all is good to go. @Rob Fisher would you be able to test this theory with some of your duds???

Will try it when I get back to my Vape cave when I get back from holiday.

Sent from Avril the REO filled with VM Tropical Ice!

Just an update.
75 tank fills, approx 300ml, 66 days (9 weeks).
I have noticed over the last week or so the flavour and the vapour production getting weaker, I've compensated by increasing the wattage from 22 Watts to 25 Watts maybe the ceramic is becoming a bit 'clogged up'
It could be of course the coil has reached it's end of useful life.
Dave

Just an update.
75 tank fills, approx 300ml, 66 days (9 weeks).
I have noticed over the last week or so the flavour and the vapour production getting weaker, I've compensated by increasing the wattage from 22 Watts to 25 Watts maybe the ceramic is becoming a bit 'clogged up'
It could be of course the coil has reached it's end of useful life.
Dave
@DaveH, even if the coil reached the end of its live it is still awsome.

MTL vape is what I do, it is my main mode of operation if I can't MTL it then it is a failure for me. :(

I have a Kangertech ceramic 0.5 ohm coil in a Top tank vaping at 22 Watts MTL, and it vapes very well for me.
A quick prime is all it needs that is to say a few drops of juice in a new coil and it is ready to vape. A few sucks with no power will just make sure there are no air bubbles trapped in the coil head, and you are ready to vape.
I like to vape this coil at 22 Watts because I like a 'cool' vape. It is a little on the 'airy' side nevertheless it is fine for me to do MTL. :)

What I have found and not just this coil but the gCeramic coil as well they tend to cause the tank to leak. Some call it weeping I call it leaking. :(
What I think happens is although the coils 'wick' well they do not hold the juice so well and over a short time (minutes) the juice in the coil drains down and causes leaks. Overall I think the Kangertech 0.5 ohm coils are a good way to go.

Now if you want a great MTL setup go for the Target Tank with a 0.9 ohm cCell ceramic I currently vape it at 18 - 20 Watts. The Target tank air adjustment allows for a minuscule (nearly none) air flow a very very tight draw. Too tight even for me but a slight adjustment means a perfect air flow can be achieved for any MTL aficionados. :)
:)
Dave

Just to revive an old thread...

What am I putting in my Trinity Bell when it arrives? Kanger Ceramic, Atom Ceramic, or my trusted RBA?

Just to revive an old thread...

What am I putting in my Trinity Bell when it arrives? Kanger Ceramic, Atom Ceramic, or my trusted RBA?

New Kanger Ceramic's are pretty good... not quite as good as the cCells but close.

New Kanger Ceramic's are pretty good... not quite as good as the cCells but close.
Is there an older version of the Kanger Ceramics that are rubbish? I was waaaay out of the loop in the ceramic wars, so would hate to get the wrong ones.

Is there an older version of the Kanger Ceramics that are rubbish? I was waaaay out of the loop in the ceramic wars, so would hate to get the wrong ones.

No I don't think so... there was a few non Kanger coils that made an appearance but only one form Kanger as far as I know.... so you should be safe!

Back