Increasing Nic Content

When you add more nic to your flavoured juice, does it weaken the taste of the juice? Like becoming more diluted?
Depends on the juice and on the volume you add. I have upped many a juice from 12 mg to 18 mg, but using 100mg Nic, of which just 2 ml is needed on 30ml. This has not affected the taste for me.

So we had this question from a customer and after some google-fu we finally found the answer and I decided to share.

What if you have some 6mg base and 36mg base and you want to increase the 6mg to 12mg, how much 36mg do you need to add to your 6mg to get it to 12mg

Here's a handy formula worked out by people smarter than me

Vd = ( Vo * ( Sf - So ) ) / ( Sd - Sf )

Vo = Volume Original (ml)
So = Strength Original (mg/ml)
Vd = Volume Delta (how much base you add) (ml)
Sd = Strength of Delta (how strong is the base you're adding) (mg/ml)
Sf = Strength Final (mg/ml)

So lets say that you just have 10ml for now then the values are as below

Vo = 10ml
So = 6mg
Sd = 36mg
Sf = 12mg

Vd = (Vo * (Sf- So))/(Sd - Sf)
vd = (10 * (12 - 6))/(36 - 12)
vd = (10 * 6) / 24
VD = 60/24
VD = 2.5ml

So you need to add 2.5ml of 36mg base to a 6mg base to make it 12mg

:)
Lol this was French to me. Hehehr

Question: Does nicotine alter the flavour of e-juice? If so, I want to add nicotine to my zero nic pre-mixes.

Here's my situation. When I started vaping, I bought pre-mixed flavours with 3mg nicotine. I then decided to cut down on nicotine and my subsequent purchases have been zero nic. However, I've been disappointed in most of the zero nic flavours. I chose different ones from the 3mg which I have in stock, so I can't compare the same flavour with and without nicotine. Could I also be missing the throat hit from the 3mg nic?

Question: Does nicotine alter the flavour of e-juice? If so, I want to add nicotine to my zero nic pre-mixes.

Here's my situation. When I started vaping, I bought pre-mixed flavours with 3mg nicotine. I then decided to cut down on nicotine and my subsequent purchases have been zero nic. However, I've been disappointed in most of the zero nic flavours. I chose different ones from the 3mg which I have in stock, so I can't compare the same flavour with and without nicotine. Could I also be missing the throat hit from the 3mg nic?

You definitely could be missing the throat hit in the zero mg juice

You can increase the overall nic by adding some nic. Some say it does change the taste and makes it a bit "peppery". It depends on the nic you add and how much nic you have to add.

If you added say 36mg nic (which you can get from the DIY retailers) you'd have to add say 1ml of the nic to 9ml of the zero mg juice to land up with a 3.6mg juice. Ie. One tenth of the overall volume.

The other thing about adding nic is you are effectively diluting the flavour somewhat. In the example above, youd now only have 9ml of flavoured juice versus 10ml before. So your flavour would be diluted. The less nic you add the less dilution. But i dont think adding only 1 part nic to 9 parts juice would diminish the flavour too much.

Give it a try amd see. Just make sure you only add the amount of nic you need to otherwise your final juice would be too strong. Also I suggest trying with a smaller amount, say a small 10ml bottle first in case you make a mistake and ruin a whole bottle of say 30ml juice.

You definitely could be missing the throat hit in the zero mg juice

You can increase the overall nic by adding some nic. Some say it does change the taste and makes it a bit "peppery". It depends on the nic you add and how much nic you have to add.

If you added say 36mg nic (which you can get from the DIY retailers) you'd have to add say 1ml of the nic to 9ml of the zero mg juice to land up with a 3.6mg juice. Ie. One tenth of the overall volume.

The other thing about adding nic is you are effectively diluting the flavour somewhat. In the example above, youd now only have 9ml of flavoured juice versus 10ml before. So your flavour would be diluted. The less nic you add the less dilution. But i dont think adding only 1 part nic to 9 parts juice would diminish the flavour too much.

Give it a try amd see. Just make sure you only add the amount of nic you need to otherwise your final juice would be too strong. Also I suggest trying with a smaller amount, say a small 10ml bottle first in case you make a mistake and ruin a whole bottle of say 30ml juice.
@Silver thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try with some of my stock which I've categorised as "ok" - meaning that it's vaperble (new word!) but I wouldn't order it again.

Like @Silver said nic gives a very slight peppery flavour + throat hit but as like me you are at such low mg i would imagine it's just a bit of throat hit you are missing especially (i'm guessing what ratio you are using) if you use quite high VG liquids.

Without knowing the ml of the 6mg nobody can answer that question!
Sorry you were answering to a previous quote that when reading in it's entirety makes sense me bad, my apologies :wasntme:

Hi All,

Could someone please confirm exactly how much (ml) 36mg nic should I add to a 30ml of 0mg nic juice to get 12mg nic content?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Sony Xperia XZ Premium using Tapatalk

Back