Introduce Yourselves:

(Reintroduction:think:)

Hi Ecigssa Forum

I am a long lost member who transitioned from smoking to vaping and then stopped any form of smoking or vaping in 2018.

I gave away my vape gear to people who had the same hope as I did when I started (mixing tools, gear, etc).

You all were a tremendous help with the journey I undertook. But unfortunately a few years later, after starting a new job...
I relapsed and started smoking again around mid 2022, I smoked about 25-35 cigarettes a day.

Now, as before, I am back on the vape train! I have been cigarette free since 1 Jan 2023.

(I'm not sure where to post the below part:rofl:, admins help!)

This is where I need your help again. I currently use disposable units. It varies between what the local vape shops have, that normally is 5% (I am down to 3% currently) nicotine with a high puff count.
So I normally buy CNIS B@r or V@peng1n Jun1p3r 6000 (Modified the names). Both options work out a bit too expensive and I need to replace the unit within a week's time because they barely last before the flavor is gone.

I dug out my old DNA SXK Billet box that I used to quit smoking and vaping, with an old coil still equipped. I Cleaned and rewicked it with fresh R3d p1ll but I did not have a good experience. The coil was around 4 years old, so that might be a reason... I will take it to my local vape shop and see if they can build a 'lekker' coil for me.

But I think it is time for new technology anyway!

Since I was gone for the vaping scene for a few years, I want to ask your advice on a good mod/aio/pod/etc to buy. My requirements are as follows.

1. Prefer a loose "warmish but not cold or burn you lips" MTL draw.
2. Single 18650 or a decent internal battery (that would actually last a day).
3. Exceptional flavour with non-iced fruity vape juice at lowish nic (lowering my nic gradually to reach 0% as before).
4. RBA deck, if pod or coil it needs to be widely available.
5. It must be USB type C rechargeable (18650 device including).
6. Same as point 3.
7. I really do not want to spend R2K or R10k for a device, just an affordable plain Jane that gets the job done. Somewhere between R5.00-R1999.99 for a new device.

I look forward to your response and I am happy to be back with this community!

Regards,
Shatter

Hi Ecigssa Forum

I am a long lost member who transitioned from smoking to vaping and then stopped any form of smoking or vaping in 2018.

I gave away my vape gear to people who had the same hope as I did when I started (mixing tools, gear, etc).

You all were a tremendous help with the journey I undertook. But unfortunately a few years later, after starting a new job...
I relapsed and started smoking again around mid 2022, I smoked about 25-35 cigarettes a day.

Now, as before, I am back on the vape train! I have been cigarette free since 1 Jan 2023.

This is where I need your help again. I currently use disposable units. It varies between what the local vape shops have, that normally is 5% (I am down to 3% currently) nicotine with a high puff count.
So I normally buy CNIS B@r or V@peng1n Jun1p3r 6000 (Modified the names). Both options work out a bit too expensive and I need to replace the unit within a week's time because they barely last before the flavor is gone.

I dug out my old DNA SXK Billet box that I used to quit smoking and vaping, with an old coil still equipped. I Cleaned and rewicked it with fresh R3d p1ll but I did not have a good experience. The coil was around 4 years old, so that might be a reason... I will take it to my local vape shop and see if they can build a 'lekker' coil for me.

Since I was gone for the vaping scene for a few years, I want to ask your advice on a good mod/aio/pod/etc to buy. My requirements are as follows.

3. Exceptional flavour with non-iced fruity vape juice at lowish nic (lowering my nic gradually to reach 0% as before).
6. Same as point 3.
7. I really do not want to spend R2K or R10k for a device, just an affordable plain Jane that gets the job done. Somewhere between R5.00-R1999.99 for a new device.

Regards,
Shatter
Welcome back @Shatter

Maybe have a look at the Arbiter Solo RTA. It has airflow adjustments ranging from tight MTL all the way to RDL and performs great regarding flavor. It is my go to RTA for MTL juices. Alternatively the B3 MTL RTA could also be up your alley as to me it is a tighter MTL draw compared to the Arbiter Solo and is also a great performing MTL RDA when it comes down to flavor.

As for devices, I use a cheap Rincoe Jellybox Mini 80w for my MTL RDA's. It's not a fancy mod but it does the job beautifully and with it being so cheap I don't mind the wear and tear that comes with carrying it around all day. In all honesty, Mods are more of a "looks and feel" thing to me (If that makes any sense).

Juice wise it is a difficult one as everyone's taste differs. For example - @Rob Fisher is a Red Pill nut and has vaped litres of it for years on end now. Red Pill to me, while good, is a tad on the bland side for my taste buds and I prefer something with a bit more berries like Chilled Ices Mixed Berry. Someone else will hate both these flavors and prefer a Raspberry or Creme Brule or Custard, etc. The only way you're going to find a flavor that works is through trial and error.

I'm sure more members on here will comment with what works for them :headbang:

Hi Ecigssa Forum

6. Same as point 3.

Regards,
Shatter
Welcome back @Shatter !
I recently bought my wife a caliburn G2. +-R500. Lovely little device.

The coils are a press fit which makes changing coils a breeze and the flavour is pretty good for the device. I would go for the 1.2 ohm coils for MTL. The device has a built in battery so I would recommend 2 for longevity etc.

Hi Ecigssa Forum

6. Same as point 3.

Regards,
Shatter

welcome back @Shatter !
Congrats on giving up the stinkies for the 2nd time
I hope you’ll stay on the vape train this time around.

as for a good rebuildable MTL setup, there are quite a few great MTL options
id say you need two devices. I use an arbiter Solo MTL (I think they’re still available) and a Rose MTL as two of my main workhorses. But there are several more great options. New, these tanks go for say R400-600 each but you can pick up good used ones on the ECIGSSA Classifieds

as for the mod, I’d say go for 2 good single battery mods or a single batt and a dual batt. Vaporesso Gen has served me very well but there are several good options. About R500 to R800 per unit roundabout.

you need 2 devices in case one goes faulty or you in a rush and you don’t have time to rewick etc. also, you can have two different flavours on the go which helps a lot (for me at least)

all the best and let us know how it goes

PS - @Shatter

on the juice front, I agree with @baksteen8168 - it’s trial and error

see if you can get to a vape shop to try out a few juices before you buy. My fruit favorites are high in menthol and ice (which I often add to with my own menthol additive) - but there are plenty fruits that are good. Try pick a juice you know will be around for a while - local is usually best imo

otherwise check out 5Sons @ivc_mixer , his juices are well priced and you can order several sample sizes to give them a try before you buy bigger quantities.

you can check out this thread where I ordered some samples from 5Son

Hellooooooo

I'm Dean, I'm from Centurion PTA. Started vaping to stop smoking. Been off cigarettes for almost 4 years after smoking for around 23 years. When i started vaping in 2019, I also opened a shop that was unfortunately closed after a few months due to partnership. DBD Vapes. I'm planning to start something again sometime soon but will see as running 2 businesses is challenging.

I almost immediately dived into the mechanical mod scene as myself carries a lot of knowledge about batteries and ohm's law. I also build my own claptons that time. I did however stopped vaping aswell for almost 2.5 years and I started again last year few months before Vapecon.

I had numerous devices in the past, pod systems, regulated, semi regulated and mechanical devices.

I could clearly see that the vaping industry did take a bit of a dive due to all this disposables but I believe we will grow again.

I am pro vaping and will always be and try to educated people on this as it's a lot more less harmful than tobacco products.

Thanks
Dean

Hi everyone, what a great forum to stumble across while searching around for some DIY concentrates(some things are hard to find lately).

I'm Jaques from PTA. Started vaping around 5 years ago after being a hookah smoker for many years and havn't looked back since. I picked up DIY very shortly after I started because most of the liquids on the market is just too sweet and I want to taste all those nice notes, not just have sugar lips. When covid lockdown hit, some fellow vapers I know couldn't get liquids and I helped out, and ever since they still pick up a 1L bottle monthly.

Maybe I can share some recipes here.

Hi all, new on here but been vaping for about 2 years. A bit about me - guess I would say I'm a bit of a gaming nerd, I attempt producing music a little, and I enjoy working with electronics making random things at home - mainly with Arduinos and stuff but gonna maybe start making vape mods soon once I get hold of a decent 3D printer. I mainly enjoy MTL vaping but a little RDL too. Gear - I have a Thelema DNA250c that I use with my normal DL RTAs, but you would usually see me with one of my SBS mods and an MTL RTA haha. Look forward to talking to people who enjoy vaping like I do

Hwzit vapers

I'm looking for info on the smoothest disposable vapes, I like elfbar and binaries so far, let me know your experiences.

Happy clouds...

Hwzit vapers

I'm looking for info on the smoothest disposable vapes, I like elfbar and binaries so far, let me know your experiences.

Happy clouds...
Anyone got any advice on good brands and flavors of disposables. Also which online stores to buy from

Anyone got any advice on good brands and flavors of disposables. Also which online stores to buy from
Have a look at cloudburst/vapology 7500 puffs. Amazing on flavour, adjustable airflow and rechargeable. They are available at Vape Queen, Vanilla Vape, Urbanfog, The Vape Studio and the list goes on...

Flavours to try:
~Summer berry slush
~Peach ice
~Strawberry ice
~Mint cream (If you enjoy a good mint flavour)

Some of the flavours are available in a 0%, 2% and a 5% nicotine.
I would 100% recommend these as i believe in supporting local manufactures and they are incredible ;)

Hey Guys.

Not very new to the forum or industry, i transitioned from stinkies - took a while, from around 2014 and full time around 2016.

Things went well and i got involved in the indsutry, that was until May this year.

Now i am back to messing around for my own gain, still have my Noisy V2 in pristine condition (*cough*) inbox is open.

Lately i have been having an issue which seems like a PG allergy, messing up my sinus leaving me with terrible headaches,
i am a bit lazy to build and carry around a massive device,

Any recommendations for a small compact pod like device with a restricted DL airflow and can handle perhaps 80% or more VG ? also anyone else having the same issue ?

Last edited:
Hey Guys.

Not very new to the forum or industry, i transitioned from stinkies - took a while, from around 2014 and full time around 2016.

Things went well and i got involved in the indsutry, that was until May this year.

Now i am back to messing around for my own gain, still have my Noisy V1 in pristine condition (*cough*) inbox is open.

Lately i have been having an issue which seems like a PG allergy, messing up my sinus leaving me with terrible headaches,
i am a bit lazy to build and carry around a massive device,

Any recommendations for a small compact pod like device with a restricted DL airflow and can handle perhaps 80% or more VG ? also anyone else having the same issue ?
@victim also battles with a PG sensitivity and he's a lekker chap so I'm sure he can help you out regarding that.

regarding a pod that can handle 80% VG and up I doubt it but I'm normally wrong according to my wife.

maybe look at a AIO with a bridge so its still small and pocket friendly but can handle higher VG juice?

thats my 2c...

@victim also battles with a PG sensitivity and he's a lekker chap so I'm sure he can help you out regarding that.

regarding a pod that can handle 80% VG and up I doubt it but I'm normally wrong according to my wife.

maybe look at a AIO with a bridge so its still small and pocket friendly but can handle higher VG juice?

thats my 2c...
Thanks, i will touch base with him.

Haha i do not agree with your wife, it is highly impossible but i once did have a pod that wasnt popular and perfomed better with a 70/30 then with a 50/50, for the life of me cannot remember the name.

I do not want to fork out too much for a good AIO right now but let me chat to @victim and see if he has any proven advice with this condition.

Back