Introduce Yourselves:

Hey all, or should I say "heita" (I was going to try something exotic in Xhosa, but I sprained my tongue attempting a click)...

I'm another ECF REO soon-to-be refugee, taking Rob F up on his offer of cheap housing and free snacks. I've been vaping for about 3 years, the last 2 and a bit with REO's as my weapon of choice. Like a lot of reonauts, I've amassed a fair sized collection - grands, mini's, woodvils, and now P-67's - and I'm a mad fiend for bottom fed atties.

I'm also a Canadian. You know... one of the nations you lot regularly trash in football (rugby), the <cough> polite version of American <cough>, and the greatest ice hockey nation on Earth.

Really looking forward to getting to know everyone here, beyond just the familiar faces from ECF.
Lol..i would think american football is the polite version of rugby with all the battle gear you need to wear..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hey there
So I've been vaping for quite some time. I use a koopor plus 200w with a temple RDA and love it all. Hoping to share some of my knowledge and help promote vaping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I am Joyce L'dy Vape, got interested by visiting different vape stores with a family member, started trying DIY stuff out.
Hi, Joyce. I'm Jan. I have been DIYing for a long time now. It's so easy and soooo CHEAP that it just seemed so logical to me. I haven't vaped any store-bought juice in years. Are you enjoying the DIYing? I think it's kinda fun, but if you're not careful it can take over your entire kitchen! Ha. It seems like I have empty bottles, half-empty bottles, labeled and un-labeled bottles, measuring cups and juice paraphernalia everywhere.

Welcome to all the North-American vapers! I hope you enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us! I'm looking forward to a few additional international opinions on vape-related topics!

Now if we could only get you to fly to SA for a vapemeet... :)

Jc okie any tips for diy ejuices etc dos and donts

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Welcome to all the North-American vapers! I hope you enjoy the forum as much as the rest of us! I'm looking forward to a few additional international opinions on vape-related topics!

I was just pondering that very idea! Seems like you guys have plenty of vape meets and I can already tell I'm going to be very jealous reading about all the fun, knowing that I can never go to them. Doesn't seem fair to me... :-(

Jc okie any tips for diy ejuices etc dos and donts

My advice would be DO go for it, and DON'T be intimidated. It's easy Peasy. Get you some nic liquid, some PG, some VG, and some flavoring.

I read and read and read all the DIY forums back before I started and they talked about gloves and goggles and all this precision measuring and they had recipes that would have at least five or six ingredients....2 drops of this, 1 ml of that, etc. all down the list of ingredients. Then the steeping.....let it steep in a dark place...leave the lid off for 24 hours then put it on...shake every day....or every 6 hours....or 3 hours, on and on and on. I was very unnerved and it's a wonder I even gave it a go. BUT what I've learned is that it's really very basic and very simple. You can make it as complicated or as simple as you want. Here's what I do:

I buy my 100mg/ml nic by the liter for $40 from www.myfreedomsmokes.com when they have a sale. I usually break that into two 500 ml bottles and keep most of it in the freezer till I need it. I buy PG and VG by the gallon. Then I mix up about 250 ml of 10 mg/ml in one of those plastic bottles you see catsup in at the tables in hamburger joints. Any bottle with a spout will do. That's my base. Then I buy some flavorings....I like Flavor West, but most of them are good. I experiment in little batches of 5 ml at a time, then if I like a juice, I make a bigger batch of it. I never worry about steeping....I just shake the bottle every time I use out of it.

I'm not that hard to please and I can vape most anything I make because I only buy flavors I like to begin with. And...I keep it simple. I almost NEVER use more than two different flavors in a mix. Lately my ADV is Blue Raspberry and I mix it in huge batches and vape away.

Now are you sorry you asked? Sorry. Didn't mean to get carried away.
Jan

This is an awesome forum and I, as one of the NA immigrants, am happy to be here. As for the SA vapemeets... hmmm... just checking yearly weather patterns... um... yeah, not such a bad way to get out of the Canadian winter. I'll buy the first round.

This is an awesome forum and I, as one of the NA immigrants, am happy to be here. As for the SA vapemeets... hmmm... just checking yearly weather patterns... um... yeah, not such a bad way to get out of the Canadian winter. I'll buy the first round.
Is it still winter up there? We're having lots of days in the high 70s.

Is it still winter up there? We're having lots of days in the high 70s.

Well, it's the Vancouver version of winter, which means it's like spring... and fall. 10C (about 55 degrees F) and raining sideways. Close your eyes and think "Mordor" and you've got it.

Morning and welcome to all the ppl from over the water :)
You ppl must come to South africa just to experience the weather, here were i am, the last month we just about never dipped under 30C

My advice would be DO go for it, and DON'T be intimidated. It's easy Peasy. Get you some nic liquid, some PG, some VG, and some flavoring.

I read and read and read all the DIY forums back before I started and they talked about gloves and goggles and all this precision measuring and they had recipes that would have at least five or six ingredients....2 drops of this, 1 ml of that, etc. all down the list of ingredients. Then the steeping.....let it steep in a dark place...leave the lid off for 24 hours then put it on...shake every day....or every 6 hours....or 3 hours, on and on and on. I was very unnerved and it's a wonder I even gave it a go. BUT what I've learned is that it's really very basic and very simple. You can make it as complicated or as simple as you want. Here's what I do:

I buy my 100mg/ml nic by the liter for $40 from www.myfreedomsmokes.com when they have a sale. I usually break that into two 500 ml bottles and keep most of it in the freezer till I need it. I buy PG and VG by the gallon. Then I mix up about 250 ml of 10 mg/ml in one of those plastic bottles you see catsup in at the tables in hamburger joints. Any bottle with a spout will do. That's my base. Then I buy some flavorings....I like Flavor West, but most of them are good. I experiment in little batches of 5 ml at a time, then if I like a juice, I make a bigger batch of it. I never worry about steeping....I just shake the bottle every time I use out of it.

I'm not that hard to please and I can vape most anything I make because I only buy flavors I like to begin with. And...I keep it simple. I almost NEVER use more than two different flavors in a mix. Lately my ADV is Blue Raspberry and I mix it in huge batches and vape away.

Now are you sorry you asked? Sorry. Didn't mean to get carried away.
Jan
Not at all. It makes sense and seems rather easy I just want to know how do u know how much nicotine u will have in each 5ml bottle if you use 10mg nicotine in each 100ml bottle stuff like that but it seems easy just want to know how you know when the mix is right how much of PG and VG to use to how much flavour etc.

Not at all. It makes sense and seems rather easy I just want to know how do u know how much nicotine u will have in each 5ml bottle if you use 10mg nicotine in each 100ml bottle stuff like that but it seems easy just want to know how you know when the mix is right how much of PG and VG to use to how much flavour etc.

@kyle_redbull, I will explain my system and my rationale for it.....and we'll get you started. You'll see how easy it is. I'll try to explain it right. And....not only will you see that it's easy, but you won't even believe how cheap it is. I can make a 30 ml bottle of juice that I love for pennies. I mean pennies. If you buy in volume, juice becomes practically free! The most expensive thing about my juice are the bottles I put it in. And I re-use those.

BUT....it's after midnight here and I'm getting ready for bed. Can we continue this tomorrow when I can think a little clearer and spell a little better? Hahaha

@kyle_redbull, I will explain my system and my rationale for it.....and we'll get you started. You'll see how easy it is. I'll try to explain it right. And....not only will you see that it's easy, but you won't even believe how cheap it is. I can make a 30 ml bottle of juice that I love for pennies. I mean pennies. If you buy in volume, juice becomes practically free! The most expensive thing about my juice are the bottles I put it in. And I re-use those.

BUT....it's after midnight here and I'm getting ready for bed. Can we continue this tomorrow when I can think a little clearer and spell a little better? Hahaha
Thanks JC sorry man forgot about time zone we'll chat in the morning thanks for the advise so far

Hi all!!
I have been vaping since Sep 2015 and loving it.
Started vaping with the Twisp Aero, but it didn't do it for me.
Just upgraded to the Kangertech Subox mini starter kit(Black & Red) and loving it!!!!
Got into vaping to save money, but mainly to get off them stinkies!!!

Hi all!!
I have been vaping since Sep 2015 and loving it.
Started vaping with the Twisp Aero, but it didn't do it for me.
Just upgraded to the Kangertech Subox mini starter kit(Black & Red) and loving it!!!!
Got into vaping to save money, but mainly to get off them stinkies!!!
Most welcome and congrats on kicking the stinky habit. Subox kit is great. Happy vaping.

Welcome @Michael Ueckermann You have some nice equipment. I love my Subox Mini and the subtanks are such great tanks, i use them on all or my mods, as they have such a variety of coils and the RBA allows me to build something different for the high wattages mods.

Hi, Joyce. I'm Jan. I have been DIYing for a long time now. It's so easy and soooo CHEAP that it just seemed so logical to me. I haven't vaped any store-bought juice in years. Are you enjoying the DIYing? I think it's kinda fun, but if you're not careful it can take over your entire kitchen! Ha. It seems like I have empty bottles, half-empty bottles, labeled and un-labeled bottles, measuring cups and juice paraphernalia everywhere.
Yep JC Okie, bottles all over, trying out new juices is great fun, I do get excited when I come across new delicious flavours, got a few favourites.
Thanks JC sorry man forgot about time zone we'll chat in the morning thanks for the advise so far

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
Not sure if re-using the bottles is a good idea, I prefer to bottle juice in a new bottle, as not to cross mix flavours.

Hi JC Okie, know the feeling, bottles, beakers, PG, VG, Nic, Concentrates, bottles, bottles and more bottles everywhere, I must add, great fun all the way!!

Hi All! I have been vaping since the end of 2014. Started vaping with the Kangertech Protank Mini 3 and EVOD battery, it helped me after about 5 years of the stinkies. I am currently using the Youde Zephyrus V2 and Segelei Fuchai 200w.

Hi All! I have been vaping since the end of 2014. Started vaping with the Kangertech Protank Mini 3 and EVOD battery, it helped me after about 5 years of the stinkies. I am currently using the Youde Zephyrus V2 and Segelei Fuchai 200w.

hey @Josiah J. Peirson

welcome to the forum :party:

i remember the days of the humble mini protank 3 (had a rather awesome drip tip)

Most welcome and a huge congrats on kicking the sticky habit. Yeah, the mPT3 was revolutionary at the time, and still the tank of choice for many. I used them for a long time in my vaping journey. Happy vaping.

Back