Introduce Yourselves:

Hi there, haven't posted here yet
I have 4 mods now and 2 twisps, I quit smoking in 2011 and because I smoked 3 boxes a day, it took its toll, I had cravings till I started vaping!
Really loving my rx200 with tfv4 tank with Paulies liquids =D

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum @Tvangeste
I'm sure you will enjoy being part of the ecigssa family.
Feel free to ask questions on the forum as there is always a fellow forumnite willing to help and share there knowledge.
Vape on...

Welcome @Tvangeste
Great gear and congrats on the Vaping for so long!
Enjoy your stay

Hi there :) I will be celebrating three months of not smoking cigarettes next week. Have been vaping for a few weeks now and quite enjoying getting into it. I am also quite interested in wrapping coils and mixing my own juices already.
How exciting a thought!!
Welcome to the forum :hi:. Enjoy the journey!

Hi All

My name is Heinrich. Have been vaping for about 4 months now. Started vaping to quit smoking cigarettes. Went from a pack a day to 1 or 2 every few days. Recently upgraded and I am pretty happy. Also started mixing my own juices for a cheaper vaping experience. Still need to start building my own coils but still need the right hardware for that :p

Hi All

My name is Heinrich. Have been vaping for about 4 months now. Started vaping to quit smoking cigarettes. Went from a pack a day to 1 or 2 every few days. Recently upgraded and I am pretty happy. Also started mixing my own juices for a cheaper vaping experience. Still need to start building my own coils but still need the right hardware for that :p

Welcome to the forum @Frikkie6000
Thanks for the intro and congrats on the vaping and cutting down on the smoking. You doing a great thing!
Enjoy your stay and feel free to ask questions as you go along

Hey everyone

Been smoking for about 8 years (1-2 packs a day), and vaping on and off for about 1. Finally upgraded to and evic vtc mini with a goblin mini (building coils is fun).
After this have cut down to about 1 or 2 cigs every few days which has been awesome (haven't bought a pack in about a month).

Yeah just wanted to say hi, and thanks for this cool forum.

Hey everyone

Been smoking for about 8 years (1-2 packs a day), and vaping on and off for about 1. Finally upgraded to and evic vtc mini with a goblin mini (building coils is fun).
After this have cut down to about 1 or 2 cigs every few days which has been awesome (haven't bought a pack in about a month).

@WDE welcome to the pack. Well done, on cutting back. Hope to see you give up soon

Hey Gents and Ladies! I've been looking for a really active forum with good people and stumbled across yours, and the more I read the more I enjoyed it. I don't live in RSA, I'm in the States...but hope that is okay with you guys. But you have an excellent forum, MUCH better than many I have seen lately. I've always been interested in vaping in the rest of the world, not just my little corner of it. I use both tanks and rdas and enjoy both alot. What I really like most tho is making my own juice. That's been a journey....lol. I have a few recipes now that I've tweaked alot and really like, and vape daily now. And I've been reading your diy forum and am getting some great ideas from it, thanks! We're starting to get more and more draconian regulations on vaping up here, and people are getting really upset....not anywhere as bad as in say Australia or the EU yet, but who knows what it will be like in 10 years? I'm really interested in how vaping goes with you guys in SA. So hope it's cool for me to hang out here? Tnx, and really like this forum!

Welcome to the forum @CosmicGopher I'm also a new vaper and I too am interested in vamping from other country's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Gents and Ladies! I've been looking for a really active forum with good people and stumbled across yours, and the more I read the more I enjoyed it. I don't live in RSA, I'm in the States...but hope that is okay with you guys. But you have an excellent forum, MUCH better than many I have seen lately. I've always been interested in vaping in the rest of the world, not just my little corner of it. I use both tanks and rdas and enjoy both alot. What I really like most tho is making my own juice. That's been a journey....lol. I have a few recipes now that I've tweaked alot and really like, and vape daily now. And I've been reading your diy forum and am getting some great ideas from it, thanks! We're starting to get more and more draconian regulations on vaping up here, and people are getting really upset....not anywhere as bad as in say Australia or the EU yet, but who knows what it will be like in 10 years? I'm really interested in how vaping goes with you guys in SA. So hope it's cool for me to hang out here? Tnx, and really like this forum!
You are more than welcome @CosmicGopher. We have quite a few active members from other countries. Looking forward to your contributions. And your DIY recipes and secrets! Happy vaping.

Thanks Outlaw and Andre for the welcome, no doubt. Good to hear from you guys!

Hey everyone

Welcome to the forum @WDE
Congrats on the major cutback in the cigs - great achievement!!
Enjoy the forum, we have a great place here

Warm welcome @CosmicGopher
Thanks for the intro and the kind words, we are certainly happy for you to hang out here
There are several international vapers already here and it is very interesting to see the perspective from other countries.
Vaping is an incredible journey indeed and the forum makes it just that much more exciting.
Enjoy your stay and looking forward to future interactions and posts.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. We do have many very friendly people here

Happy Vaping

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Hi guys! Sloth here!

Took the plunge and bought one of those Greensmoke starterpacks. I'm sick of the nasties and need some moral support from all of you to stick this through. :p I'm not planning to specifically use Greensmoke forever though. Any thoughts on Twisp? Or perhaps some other affordable e-ciggies that will last long and provide good vapour production? Here's to a tar-free body. :coleman:

Cheers!

A warm welcome to all the new members.
@SirSlothXCI firstly congrats on taking your first step and i wish you all the best on quitting that nasty and stinky habit. that greensmoke will take a lot more willpower to get of the stinkies than some of the more powerful devices on the market. have a read trough the forum and have a look at the vendor section to get a better idea of what is available. there is a classified section where you might pick up a nice starter setup at a good price. soon smoking will be nothing more than a bad memory.

Hi guys! Sloth here!

Took the plunge and bought one of those Greensmoke starterpacks. I'm sick of the nasties and need some moral support from all of you to stick this through. :p I'm not planning to specifically use Greensmoke forever though. Any thoughts on Twisp? Or perhaps some other affordable e-ciggies that will last long and provide good vapour production? Here's to a tar-free body. :coleman:

Cheers!
Hi @SirSlothXCI

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the decision to cut down on or quit the smokes. Vaping really is a hell of a lot more fun, besides being so much better for you! I agree with @hands that it will take a lot more willpower to quit on cigalikes like Greensmoke's than it would on better devices. Twisp is obviously the most well-known brand, but they are not particularly good devices (to put it as mildly and tactfully as I can) and they are SEVERELY overpriced. They rely on marketing and the lack of knowledge on alternatives available under the general public to compensate for the lack of performance and value.

One of the best value for money starter kits available at the moment would be the new Joyetech Ego AIO. I would think that many members would advise going for a more powerful setup and IMO they would be partly right. However, at this price the Ego AIO is worth it to try first (and it would be infinitely better than the Greensmokes or Twisp, at a fraction of the price) and if you do decide to go for something more powerful later, it would be a worthy backup (it's important to have a backup device, especially in the early stages of trying to quit or cut down on smoking):

http://www.vapeking.co.za/joye-ego-aio-starter-kit-silver.html

@SirSlothXCI - One thing that I forgot to mention above was that (unlike with the Greensmokes, which uses pre-filled cartomizers afaik and thus limits your choices severely) it's also very important to find e-liquids that fall within your tastes (there are so many different flavours available) and that are available at the right nicotine levels to quit smoking. I would say that at least 6 mg / ml would be necessary, but 9 mg or 12 mg would probably be much better. Many e-liquid brands nowadays are geared more at longtime vapers with very powerful devices and thus only go up to 6 mg. There are however still a number of high quality and well-priced e-liquid brands such as Vapour Mountain, Complex Chaos, Mike's Mega Mixes, Skyblue and Wiener Vape Co (these are the ones I can think of right now) that make their liquids available in 9 mg (MMM and Vapour Mountain only), 12 mg (all) and 18 mg (excluding Wiener):

http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/product-category/e-liquids/vapour-mountain-e-liquid/30ml-eliquids/
https://www.complexchaos.com/collections/juice
https://mmmixes.com/collections/all
http://www.skybluevaping.co.za/e-liquids/Skyblue-30ml-liquids
http://www.wienervape.co.za/

I would suggest having a look at some of the juice reviews to see what sounds good to you:

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/vapour-mountain-juice-reviews.t473/ (23 pages long :) - they have many flavours and have been around for a long time. If you don't have time to read through all of that - if you like Litchi and a few berries with a touch of menthol, the XXX is good and very very popular)
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/complex-chaos-juice-reviews.t11591/
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/mikes-mega-mixes-juice-reviews.t13078/
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/skybluevaping-juice-reviews.t3727/
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/wiener-vape-co-juice-reviews.t16454/

Thanks for the replies guys! I'll definitely check that Joyetech Evo out! Looks like a solid little device and found it on VapeKing.co.za for only R370.

Last edited by a moderator:
@SirSlothXCI - There is also a Vape King branch in Pretoria (Gezina) - http://www.vapeking.co.za/vape-king-locations.html They have a good selection, but don't always stock everything that is available online. Perhaps just give them a call and find out if they have the Ego AIO's in stock.

Thanks Lingogrey! There are a few things I'd also like to find out regarding E-juice. How long does a 20ml e-juice bottle last? Is there a way we can measure it to an equivalent amount of cigarettes? Also, how often will I need to replace a coil/atomizer on average? Are atomizers for the Joyetech eGo freely available? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Lingogrey! There are a few things I'd also like to find out regarding E-juice. How long does a 20ml e-juice bottle last? Is there a way we can measure it to an equivalent amount of cigarettes? Also, how often will I need to replace a coil/atomizer on average? Are atomizers for the Joyetech eGo freely available? Thanks!
Pleasure! Most of your questions are a bit tricky to answer - unless the answer to most of them is "it depends" :) - but I'll give it a bash.

a) The vast majority of e-liquids (and all 5 the brands that I mentioned) are sold as 30 ml (not 20 ml - Twisp sells in 20 ml bottles for R 160 though) standard size. Some of them also offer 100 / 125 ml bottles for considerably less per ml. To say how long 30 ml will last is very difficult. It depends largely on
1) How often you vape (this would depend amongst other things on the number and strength of cigarettes you currently smoke)
2) Whether you take long lung hits (open airy draws directly into the lungs, like a hookah / hubbly) at low resistance (the ohm reading of the coil - determines amongst other things the heat of the vape, the looseness / tightness of the draw and the amount of power that will optimally heat up the coil. In the case of the EGO AIO the stock coils are 0.6 ohms. Not too long ago this would have been considered very low resistance - now it's medium) and higher power - where you will consume a lot more liquid - or shorter mouth to lung hits (the Ego AIO is geared more towards the latter) on lower power, where you will consume a lot less liquid.
3) The above (especially 1) would also depend largely on what nic level liquid you get (on the Ego AIO I would think 9 / 12 mg would be good for quitting, as previously stated. A lot of people start on 18 mg, but that's usually with less powerful devices). With 12 mg you would probably vape less often than with 9 mg etc.
4) I would take an informed GUESS that, taking the above into account, you would probably vape between 3 and 5 ml of e-liquid a day, meaning that 30 ml should last you between a week and a week and a half per bottle (at the price of 4 - 5 packets of cigarettes).​
b) It would be almost impossible to say that 30 ml of 12 mg nicotine / ml e-liquid is equivalent to X amount of cigarettes. One could mathematically say that 1 ml of e-liquid would then have the same amount of nicotine as 10 cigarettes rated as 1.2 mg nicotine. However, the amount of nicotine absorbed via vaping is less than via smoking - how much less would depend on the specific style of vaping and the equipment used (studies confirming this were mostly done in the 'era', not that many months ago - vaping tech moves very quickly, before really low resistance high power equipment became commonplace, so I suspect that with some of the devices available today one might actually get more effective nic delivery than with cigarettes. However, with a more comfortable mid-range vape like the Ego AIO I do not think that that would be the case)
c) How long the coils last would depend on the specific coil (the Ego AIO uses Stainless Steel coils, which often last quite a bit longer than some other metals), the types of juices used (darker sweeter juices and tobacco juices degrade coils quicker than lighter fruity juices, for example), the amount of power run through the coil (the Ego AIO isn't power adjustable, but if you recharge your battery more frequently you will more often vape at slightly higher power). That being said, I would say that you could roughly work on one coil per 30 ml bottle of juice.
d) I don't think the 0.6 ohm coils that come with the kit are readily and widely available as yet, but they should be very soon (you do get 2 coils with the kit, so that should last you 2 - 3 weeks). However, the Ego AIO is also compatible with the Joyetech Cubis 0.5 ohm / 1 ohm coils, which are very widely available, eg see the links below:
http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collectio...t/products/cubis-bf-ss316-coil-0-5-ohm-5-pack
http://www.vapeclub.co.za/collectio...t/products/cubis-bf-ss316-coil-1-0-ohm-5-pack

How long does 20ml last - all depends on what your vaping on and how often you Vape!

20ml will on average last me from 7am till about 6pm ! But I generally have 2mods on my desk at all times. I'm also vaping at a much higher power rating.

In the ego aio I would say perhaps you would use 5ml a day.

How often will you need to replace a coil - depends on the juice you Vape

Sweeter juices and dark tobaccos gunk up coils faster than fruity and menthol juices. A good average is 1-2weeks per coil

Are coils freely available- best to check with the vendor your planning on purchasing from but I see this as a mod that will have a long shelf life before becoming redundant

Back