Introduce Yourselves:

Hi All

Another noob here :) I'm from Welkom in the Free State and started vaping about 3 weeks ago. Might have went a little overboard for a beginner but I love my toys and gadgets and vaping has got sooooo many! I have a Smok G Priv 2 kit, the Smok Prince Tank, the Smok Priv v8, the Drop RDA from Digiflavour and the Mad Dog RDA. Only started building my own coils the last couple of days and still learning alot!

Found the forum quite helpful so thanks for everyone contributing here!
Most welcome to the forum. Yeah, the rabbit hole is deep. Building your own coils is fun. Happy vaping.

Hi everyone. New to the forum. Im an IT tech. Been in the business for over 20yrs. Been smoking also that long. Kicked the stinkies last year august and started vaping. I enjoy it alot and staryed Diying as well. Still battling with the diy, but hey I guess Rome wasnt build in a day. Looling foward to be part of this awesome group.
Most welcome to the forum. Congrats on kicking the stinky habit - an awesome achievement. The secret to starting DIY is not to try your own concoctions at first - get a few popular recipes and mix them. Happy vaping.

Good Morrow All

I recently bought my first mod (iStick Pico) but as an occasional smoker (usually when I drink) I wanted a MTL tank so I bought the Nautilus 2 tank. The shop recommended the Zelos 50W which comes with the Nautilus 2 as it would have been R200 cheaper than the Pico + Nautilus 2. But I have been doing some research including on this excellent forum and I felt the Pico was more a popular recommendation and had more information out there. So I told her it’s OK I would sell the MELO III Mini to recoup the difference.

I bought it at a local shop (Vape Africa), they not the cheapest, but they close to my place and wanted to go into a shop for the first time (they also set it up for me). I also got some of their liquids (they have a house brand), but I’m not too impressed; I don’t have anything to compare it with but I definitely think there’ll be better out there. I want to try something from Vapour Mountain, I see there is some discussion about their juices on this forum and they just a few kilometers away.

Anyway, I hope you guys have a happy and safe Easter weekend. I will be home alone tomorrow so I will be able to peacefully vape and reminisce about idyllic days gone by.

Welcome @Tropical Heat , the Pico is a great setup to start with, it was my first as well. House brands tend to be single flavours and is a budget friendly item for new vapers to try the experience. There is a lot of great tasty juices out there in different price ranges. Maybe tell us more about your preferences with vaping juices or the profile you want to go to and the members here will definately be able to give you some ideas of juices that you may like.

Hoping that you will have a great Easter, and many happy clouds to you.

Good Morrow All

I recently bought my first mod (iStick Pico) but as an occasional smoker (usually when I drink) I wanted a MTL tank so I bought the Nautilus 2 tank. The shop recommended the Zelos 50W which comes with the Nautilus 2 as it would have been R200 cheaper than the Pico + Nautilus 2. But I have been doing some research including on this excellent forum and I felt the Pico was more a popular recommendation and had more information out there. So I told her it’s OK I would sell the MELO III Mini to recoup the difference.

I bought it at a local shop (Vape Africa), they not the cheapest, but they close to my place and wanted to go into a shop for the first time (they also set it up for me). I also got some of their liquids (they have a house brand), but I’m not too impressed; I don’t have anything to compare it with but I definitely think there’ll be better out there. I want to try something from Vapour Mountain, I see there is some discussion about their juices on this forum and they just a few kilometers away.

Anyway, I hope you guys have a happy and safe Easter weekend. I will be home alone tomorrow so I will be able to peacefully vape and reminisce about idyllic days gone by.
Fantastic intro and welcome! You definitely want to try some Vapour Mountain, in particular Red Pill!

Keep us updated on your journey! The pico was a great choice... You might want to hang onto that spare tank for when you find more than one juice you want to vape!

Fantastic intro and welcome! You definitely want to try some Vapour Mountain, in particular Red Pill!

Keep us updated on your journey! The pico was a great choice... You might want to hang onto that spare tank for when you find more than one juice you want to vape!

I love my Picos and I've now bought a few of them - including two of the Resin from Dragon Electronics. Thanks for the heads-up @Stosta!

Good Morrow All

And a Good Morrow to you too @Tropical Heat and welcome to the family. :)

Since you're from CT, pop into Juicy Joes. There'll be no bubble, bubble, toil and trouble there in finding a juice (e-liquid) that is better than VAP3. If you enjoy coffee, you might want to follow my coffee obsession:
https://www.ecigssa.co.za/coffee-e-juice-research.t47247/#post-638125

@Tropical Heat
It takes a while to find your flavour profile e.g. do you like fruit flavours, or bakery etc., so I would suggest that you subscribe to a sample box. You pay a monthly subscription and each month a box containing different juices is sent to you.

Here's a link for you to BWDV's website. https://bwdv.co.za
They are also on the forum and I'm sure that @RivasCB can answer any questions you might have.

Thank You @Room Fogger, @Ozeran, @Stosta, @Hooked, @Willyza

So far having tried a fruity blend (red berry) and a dessert blend (vanilla custard); I've liked the fruit blend more. Which is peculiar as I have quite the sweet tooth, but I need to try some more variety first as I am in 100% agreement with @Spyro that the VAP3 vanilla custard tastes like soap. I have yet to try a minty flavour as I used to smoke Dunhill Switch stinkies which had a menthol flavor when the flavour capsule was popped. I have bought a mint juice which I have not opened yet, so I still have to get a feel for which mint I prefer mint/spearmint/menthol etc.

@Stosta Red Pill sounds really interesting; I will definitely give it a try.

@Hooked Thanks for the tip as I didn't even know Juicy Joes existed despite Googling in Cape Town for vape shops. As for coffee mmm… definitely something I want to try. I will be sure for follow your thread. Interesting that you should mention the sampler boxes as that is exactly what I was looking for, I was looking for sample boxes in shops but couldn’t find as I was thinking that would be a really good idea to get a feel for what you prefer especially when starting out.

Welcome @Tropical Heat , the Pico is a great setup to start with, it was my first as well. House brands tend to be single flavours and is a budget friendly item for new vapers to try the experience. There is a lot of great tasty juices out there in different price ranges. Maybe tell us more about your preferences with vaping juices or the profile you want to go to and the members here will definately be able to give you some ideas of juices that you may like.
build
Hoping that you will have a great Easter, and many happy clouds to you.

@Room Fogger Your first? And here I am thinking that it's going to be my last. I just love the Pico - easy to use, sturdy, good flavour. Why should it be a starter mod and not a forever mod? Am I missing something? Note: I will NEVER make my own coils, so those kind of mods are out of the question. I get irritated when I just need to replace a coil, never mind make another one. One of my mods was grounded for a week because I didn't get around to changing the coil!

@Tropical Heat
It takes a while to find your flavour profile e.g. do you like fruit flavours, or bakery etc., so I would suggest that you subscribe to a sample box. You pay a monthly subscription and each month a box containing different juices is sent to you.

Here's a link for you to BWDV's website. https://bwdv.co.za
They are also on the forum and I'm sure that @RivasCB can answer any questions you might have.

:doh: Forgot that vendors are not allowed to comment in a section other than their own. Sorry @RivasCB. @Tropical Heat if you want to discuss anything with BWDV re the sample boxes, start a new thread in https://www.ecigssa.co.za/forums/bwdv/

@Room Fogger Your first? And here I am thinking that it's going to be my last. I just love the Pico - easy to use, sturdy, good flavour. Why should it be a starter mod and not a forever mod? Am I missing something? Note: I will NEVER make my own coils, so those kind of mods are out of the question. I get irritated when I just need to replace a coil, never mind make another one. One of my mods was grounded for a week because I didn't get around to changing the coil!
@Hooked, just took possession of a Pico25 from The Vape Guy, :aplastao:my original once is still assisting a friend who stopped until he can afford to get something for himself, but it will be returning ! I just couldn't live without a Pico any longer. I think it is the perfect setup for anyone that wants to start vaping, but will last and stay a winner in anyone's hand for a long time. The new one is running my OBS Nano's and it is just perfect in my vaping arsenal.:D
IMG_0160.JPG

Last edited:
@Hooked, just took possession of a Pico25 from The Vape Guy, :aplastao:my original once is still assisting a friend who stopped until he can afford to get something for himself, but it will be returning ! I just couldn't live without a Pico any longer. I think it is the perfect setup for anyone that wants to start vaping, but will last and stay a winner in anyone's hand for a long time. The new one is running my OBS Nano's and it is just perfect in my vaping arsenal.:D
View attachment 127534

@Room Fogger Now how did you get that beauty? Congratulations! :clap: I looked on @BumbleBee's website before I bought my 3 new ones, and it said Out of Stock. I'm glad to hear your opinion of the Pico.
@BumbleBee do you have stock that isn't on the website? I discovered last week that some vendors don't put all their juices online, so perhaps you do the same with mods? I really should have contacted you personally first, but never mind, I'm happy with my purchases, but it doesn't mean that I won't buy more! One can never have too many, since they're not going to last forever. Besides, there are a lot of flavours out there and sometimes ghosting doesn't work.

@Room Fogger Now how did you get that beauty? Congratulations! :clap: I looked on @BumbleBee's website before I bought my 3 new ones, and it said Out of Stock. I'm glad to hear your opinion of the Pico.
@BumbleBee do you have stock that isn't on the website? I discovered last week that some vendors don't put all their juices online, so perhaps you do the same with mods? I really should have contacted you personally first, but never mind, I'm happy with my purchases, but it doesn't mean that I won't buy more! One can never have too many, since they're not going to last forever. Besides, there are a lot of flavours out there and sometimes ghosting doesn't work.
I’ll answer your question in a pm.

Glad to see the Pico is in good hands @Room Fogger :)

Hi All!!

Been lurking the forums for a while and had one or two posts, thought it maybe best that I introduce myself!

My story is slightly different to others as to how and why I got into vaping.

I have actually NEVER smoked. (I actually live a Straight Edge Lifestyle - No Substance abuse. No smoking. No alcohol. No drugs and I even have the Tattoo to validate it). But I do vape. And I love it. My girlfriend started vaping cause she wanted to quit smoking and I said I would start vaping with her to Vape Socially with her. She hasnt smoked since New Years Eve.

My first device was a Wismec Sinuous SW. I still have it, and it is my Backup Device in my EDC Bag. In case you know, End of the world happens and I still wanna vape socially!

I then started reading and watching a lot of videos. I bought my second device which is a VooPoo Drag with a Uwell Crown 3 Tank. Loved Loved all the settings and adjustments you can make. This is my daily driver. Goes everywhere with me. Starting to look weathered but I don’t really mind it adds character.

I then started exploring different Sub-Ohm Tanks and currently own the following tanks:

Uwell Crown 3 - All My Random Juices.

Aspire Cleito Exo - Best Flavour so use for Milkman Chocolate Juice. Most evenings used as a Desert Vape.

Smok TFV12 Prince - I use this with all my fruit flavours. Mostly higher VG %. I also use the bubble tank on this and quite enjoy the look.

VGod Trick Tank - Uhm, bought it on special and yeah most disappointing tank so far. It’s really just there as a last resort something. I honestly don’t use this.

HorizonTech Falcon - I use the mesh coil heads and they are amazing. This is my daily use tank. I absolutely love this tank.

I have now subsequently bought a Smok Mag Kit in Pink, and I love it. So will be switching between this and the Drag for my daily use. This kit comes with a Smok TFV12 Prince Tank and the Bubble Tank gives you 8ML volume which is also nice to use for the day.

The only “con” I have about vaping is that I only vape 0MG juices and some of the flavours I want are harder to find.

I used to be one of those people smirking at Vape Memes and not understanding what it was all about. Now once I have realised how rad it is, and all the flavours there are I doubt I will stop, plus I’m helping my Girlfriend stop smoking and she hasnt smoked in 4 months!

Happy To Be Here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the into @Nexo.Suicide, It's good to hear that you have never smoked before, and awesome to hear about helping your GF with her quest to choose a healthier option.

Welcome here.

Hi All,

Been vaping for about 8 months now since kicking the stinkies and going well. Started on a Kangertech Sub box mini but lost it about 3 months ago, bought a eleaf invoke from a friend but had such issues with leaking juice with the Ello T tank. Got last week the Smok Tfv8 Baby and enjoying it so far. Defiantly want to venture into to the rebuilds at some point.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the into @Nexo.Suicide, It's good to hear that you have never smoked before, and awesome to hear about helping your GF with her quest to choose a healthier option.

Welcome here.

@Nexo.Suicide Have a look at this website https://alldayvapes.co.za/product-category/e-liquid/. You can choose your own nic strength, which in your case would be zero nic. You can also choose your VG/PG ratio. And they have absolutely fascinating flavours, as well as being reasonably priced. You can't go wrong with them. I've just topped up my supplies with two orders from them (received the first batch then decided I it wasn't enough ;-). If you have any questions for them, the owner is on the forum. Just PM @ADV-Des .

@ADV-Des You've sent me two orders in the last two weeks, to Yzerfontein, Western Cape. I absolutely love your flavours! Don't reply here - I know you're not allowed to!

Back