Introduce Yourselves:

Howdy fellow Vape Enthusiasts!

I am MobiWan aka Mo from Port Elizabeth.

Been vaping on and off for a few years and decided to add this hobbie to my YouTube channel.

I found this forum site while searching for two mods so it's a happy accident.

Looking forward to connecting with each of you!

Kind Regards

Mo
Welcome to the forum @MobiWan . Enjoy your stay.:)

Hi to Everybody

Just joined today, spend hours on google trying to find a substitute to cigarettes – found this forum and registered. (thank you for accepting my registration)

I have spent the last 3 hours browsing through the forum and at least 5 cigarettes trying to find the best kit to kick-off with, would like to buy right first time around. I smoke between 30 & 40 cigs a day (PS e/mild). I would like a really nice MTL device, great battery life and decent tank that I don’t have to refill too often.

I know this question has been asked on many – many occasions but, can somebody help me short circuit the decision process and assist with a short-list of the best 2 or 3 options. Would really like to buy tomorrow (Strand/Somerset West Area) and migrate away from cigs asap.

Thanks for the assistance

Hi @Sea

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay. I moved your initial post here as this is where everyone introduce themselves and are being welcomed. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there @Sea . Welcome to the forum.

There are literally thousands of us on the forum who gave up smoking. You can also do it. I smoked heavily for 35 years and have been smoke free for almost five years since taking up vaping.

As you are from Cape Town I would suggest that you come along to the next Cape Town Vape Meet. There are lots of guys there who will be able to advise you on everything vape related. If you ask the members in the thread before a meeting they will bring kit to the meet which you can try.

Regarding your first device I would suggest the following as a possibility :

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome @Sea , there is a massive amount of info here, and a lot of knowledge willing to be shared.

A pod type device is a definate possibility for anyone starting, to get you off the smokes and into vaping. Wish I had done more research when I quit, and that there were more pod type devices available, but 2 years later I’m not complaining. Remember it’s one day at a time, and a high nic MTL juice to begin with.

Good luck on starting your journey and many happy clouds to you.

Welcome to the forum @Sea

Wishing you all the best for your journey. I’m not all too familiar with the current MTL year but will give you some advice from my perspective.

It takes a bit of time to get into the vaping groove. Don’t be too rushed. You will find what you like over time and it will likely not be what you thought at the beginning. Also spend time on finding the right juices. I would say try go to a good shop and try out some devices and juices.

All the best. You doing a great thing !

Hi to Everybody

Just joined today, spend hours on google trying to find a substitute to cigarettes – found this forum and registered. (thank you for accepting my registration)

I have spent the last 3 hours browsing through the forum and at least 5 cigarettes trying to find the best kit to kick-off with, would like to buy right first time around. I smoke between 30 & 40 cigs a day (PS e/mild). I would like a really nice MTL device, great battery life and decent tank that I don’t have to refill too often.

I know this question has been asked on many – many occasions but, can somebody help me short circuit the decision process and assist with a short-list of the best 2 or 3 options. Would really like to buy tomorrow (Strand/Somerset West Area) and migrate away from cigs asap.

Welcome to the forum @Sea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi to Everybody

Welcome to the forum @Sea . Enjoy your stay.

Hi there @Sea . Welcome to the forum.

There are literally thousands of us on the forum who gave up smoking. You can also do it. I smoked heavily for 35 years and have been smoke free for almost five years since taking up vaping.

As you are from Cape Town I would suggest that you come along to the next Cape Town Vape Meet. There are lots of guys there who will be able to advise you on everything vape related. If you ask the members in the thread before a meeting they will bring kit to the meet which you can try.

Regarding your first device I would suggest the following as a possibility :

Thank you, can I buy at any vape shop or online. Love the video.

creative-welcome-lettering-concept_23-2147903879.jpg

It's great to have you on board @Sea!

Not everyone reads these introductions, so it would be best for you to start a new thread in the Sub-Section General > General Vaporiser Talk. Give it the title New Vaper needs advice on which mod to buy, or something to that effect. I guarantee you will be flooded with responses!! We're a helpful bunch of peeps here!

However, you will be left feeling quite bewildered at all the options and, furthermore, you will then have to find a vape shop which sells some of the ones you think would be suitable.

Since you have a vape shop in your area, my advice would be to go to them, explain that you want to stop smoking and see what they have for you. You are motivated NOW to stop smoking, so strike while the iron is hot! Get yourself going first and then you can read the responses to your thread at your leisure. You will need a second mod anyway - a vaper should always have two mods. You don't want to be in a situation where something goes wrong with one of them, because then you'll go back to what we call the "stinkies".

(You can still ask for advice on the forum and investigate other possibilites while you are vaping with your first mod.

Much respect to you for wanting to quit smoking. It won't be easy - even with a vape - but be strong mentally and persevere. You'll get there!

Hwzt Forum.
I'm Gerrie........ (feels like a AA intriduction....)
Live in Rustenburg. Afrikaans speaking dude. (apology accepted).
Been vaping for 13 days non stop. Off stinkies now for 12 days. Previously smoking(vaping) Twisp Clearo but it did not tickle my taste buds. Bought a second hand Vapresso Revenger with a Zeus X dual RTA. Must say I LOVE this new experience and will do my best for this to last. Learning new tricks every day

Hwzt Forum.
Been vaping for 13 days non stop. Off stinkies now for 12 days. Previously smoking(vaping) Twisp Clearo but it did not tickle my taste buds. Bought a second hand Vapresso Revenger with a Zeus X dual RTA. Must say I LOVE this new experience and will do my best for this to last. Learning new tricks every day
Welcome @GerrieP , twelve days clean! You've done the hard work, it gets easier from here on. Welcome and congratulations on your achievement.

Regards

Hwzt Forum.

lol I love your sense of humour! A warm welcome to you @GerrieP and BIG CONGRATS on quitting! I didn't come this far.jpg

Hwzt Forum.
Welcome and enjoy

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hwzt Forum.
Welkom @GerrieP , the hard part is done and congratulations on your 12 days! :trophy: You have now been a vaper for longer than what you have been a non-smoker, great news. :party: It now gets easier and you enjoy every day more. Many happy clouds to you.

Howsit people,

Quit the stinkies on the 17 of July and never felt better. The biggest bonus for me is food tastes so much better now. I'd love to say there's a financial saving as well but i've been spending it all at Vape King lol :)

Welcome to the forum @Q9550. Well done of kicking the stinkies. Hope you enjoy your stay here and ask questions if you need any help anytime. Peeps here are more than willing and able to assist.

Back