Introduce Yourselves:

Welcome @Kevinc1977 !!!! Well done on kicking the stinkies too!

You have made your way to the rabbit hole, now it is just a matter of how deep you want to go...

What @ivc_mixer said is spot on, as long as you use freebase nic (not nic salt) you can run it in any setup. But for the sake of your lungs surviving, try and keep it at 6mg and below if you going to run it on sub-ohm. There are a few that tempts fate by going as high as 18mg freebase on 0.3ohms at 35W, but if you aren't looking to grow some hair on your chest I would not suggest it. Rather keep the nic salts to podkits too.

As for burning taste on your rebuildables, make sure you saturate the cotton with juice before you start vaping, same with pod kits and stock coils (for which you fill the tank and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes). Also start at a lower power level and build your way up to where you are comfortable on the Variable Wattage setups.

And if something is not working quite to your liking, ask questions, post pictures, there will always be someone to lend a helping hand over here.
Thanks, ive been reading the forum for a few days but yes im sure ill have some questions, like when i need to get new coils i wouldnt know which ones. I also have a luxe 80 for sale in the classifieds and i have some opened juice which i dont like and wont use so if anyone is interested....

My idea or plan is to cut down the nic %, so in a couple months have 6mg in the pods and 3mg in the tanks. Not sure if it will work out that way but hoping so
You'll likely find that this will happen even quicker. Possibly in a month from now. BUT beware that you do not get 'silent' nic withdrawls. Happened to my wife. Started with pods, after a few months she went to tanks then about 3 months or so later I found her smoking the odd cigarette again as she was "going through a stressful time" and needed the nicotine. Suggested pods but she wanted her tanks due to flavour. Took me quite some time to convince her to do pods again but got it right and now she's running 14mg pods and 3mg tanks and she will vape on either throughout the day.

Thanks, ive been reading the forum for a few days but yes im sure ill have some questions, like when i need to get new coils i wouldnt know which ones. I also have a luxe 80 for sale in the classifieds and i have some opened juice which i dont like and wont use so if anyone is interested....
Changing coils, to me, is simple. When I get constant spitback I know it's time. Changing cotton is just as easy, when it tastes off then it's time. Also with coils, you will see when you change your cotton when they don't look kosher anymore, but a suggestion is to get a coil brush or something to clean them with between each time you change cotton. This way they will last longer. You don't want to switch to vaping just to save your lungs, you want to switch to save some money as well and constantly changing coils will work out very expensive.

likely find that this will happen even quicker. Possibly in a month from now. BUT beware that you do not get 'silent' nic withdrawls. Happened to my wife. Started with pods, after a few months she went to tanks then about 3 months or so later I found her smoking the odd cigarette again as she was "going through a stressful time" and needed the nicotine. Suggested pods but she wanted her tanks due to flavour. Took me quite some time to convince her to do pods again but got it right and now she's running 14mg pods and 3mg tanks and she will vape on either throughout the day.
I go through 5 to 6 ml at work so that staying high nic im ok with. At home when watching tv i seem to go through alot of juice maybe 2 tanks of the arbitor before i go to sleep so it would be nice if i could drop that down to 3mg, at the moment i might be overdoing it cause its new and all

You'll likely find that this will happen even quicker. Possibly in a month from now. BUT beware that you do not get 'silent' nic withdrawls. Happened to my wife. Started with pods, after a few months she went to tanks then about 3 months or so later I found her smoking the odd cigarette again as she was "going through a stressful time" and needed the nicotine. Suggested pods but she wanted her tanks due to flavour. Took me quite some time to convince her to do pods again but got it right and now she's running 14mg pods and 3mg tanks and she will vape on either throughout the day.

Changing coils, to me, is simple. When I get constant spitback I know it's time. Changing cotton is just as easy, when it tastes off then it's time. Also with coils, you will see when you change your cotton when they don't look kosher anymore, but a suggestion is to get a coil brush or something to clean them with between each time you change cotton. This way they will last longer. You don't want to switch to vaping just to save your lungs, you want to switch to save some money as well and constantly changing coils will work out very expensive.
I think i can handle changing them and rewicking, i have a small beginner kit with a wire brush but not sure if that will damage the actual coil. Wouldnt know where to start when i see words like aliens, kanthal, clapton etc

I think i can handle changing them and rewicking, i have a small beginner kit with a wire brush but not sure if that will damage the actual coil. Wouldnt know where to start when i see words like aliens, kanthal, clapton etc
Just brush it gently, not like a woman who just asked 'do I look fat in these jeans' and got an answer of 'no, you look fat in everything'.

As for the different coils. Different strokes for different folks. I prefer tri-core aliens, but then I know people who prefer fused claptons and others who prefer more exotic builds like Juggernauts or such and some who like just normal wire. This you will have to find out yourself by trying different builds and see which work for you.

'do I look fat in these jeans' and got an answer of 'no, you look fat in everything'.
lol. Yes a learning curve but i didnt expect a 30 year bad habit to disappear overnight. Some useful vids on youtube, if i combine this site with youtube i should get to a reasonable answer to anything vaping i think

New to vaping, started a month ago and havent had a cigarette since. I started with a xros mini and now have 3 to get by from 8 to 5, those i have 12mg juice in. At home i had a luxe 80 on 6mg but this week i took the plunge to go the rebuildable route as it should cost less than coils in the long run?
So i got a vaporesso mod and arbitor 2 tank which works great i think, on my first wick it tasted burned but rewicked it a bit 'looser' and now it seems good. I then wantec to see what dripping was about so got a hellbeast and i think i need 3mg juice for that?
Im also thinking the hellbeast needs a mod of its own but shoo this is like a money pit.
Enjoying the journey so far with no smoke smell but need to watch the budget lol
Yip, he has fallen in and is right here next to us in the zero gravity vaping rabbit hole!

Kevin, most of us, if not all of us, know the overwhelming situation one is in when entering this "hobby / activity". The crowd here is super helpful and please be fee to ask so you can learn from our mistakes and not have to pay the school fees we ahve already paid.

Good luck and welcome once again.

Regards

Yip, he has fallen in and is right here next to us in the zero gravity vaping rabbit hole!

Kevin, most of us, if not all of us, know the overwhelming situation one is in when entering this "hobby / activity". The crowd here is super helpful and please be fee to ask so you can learn from our mistakes and not have to pay the school fees we ahve already paid.

Good luck and welcome once again.

Regards
Thanks, yes i already have juices and devices i dont need, shouldve joined before this.

Thanks for the welcome everyone

Hello Members

Was a stinky smoker for 15 years that kicked the habit around 3 years ago. I started off with a twisp using pre-filled pods. Upgaded to a Caliburn a while later. Ffw to today and I have a few mods, Cthulhu AIO and a handful of mtl rda's and rta's.

I have to confess that I have had this account for two years but have only been lurking and stalking the forums for tips and tricks. Sad and bad, I know but hopefully I can make up for my transgressions along the way.

Have a good long weekend everyone✌

Welcome to the forum @BBO

Don't apologise about your shady lurking past. Many of us are reformed lurkers.

View attachment 254169

P.S. Congrats on kicking the habit.
Thank you for the warm welcome! HAHA I am sure to change my old ways!

Best decision of my adult life was when I decided to try vaping and finally got of the analogues.

Hope the weekend treats you well

Hello Members

Was a stinky smoker for 15 years that kicked the habit around 3 years ago. I started off with a twisp using pre-filled pods. Upgaded to a Caliburn a while later. Ffw to today and I have a few mods, Cthulhu AIO and a handful of mtl rda's and rta's.

I have to confess that I have had this account for two years but have only been lurking and stalking the forums for tips and tricks. Sad and bad, I know but hopefully I can make up for my transgressions along the way.

Have a good long weekend everyone✌

welcome !

Thank you for the warm welcome! HAHA I am sure to change my old ways!

Best decision of my adult life was when I decided to try vaping and finally got of the analogues.

Hope the weekend treats you well
Welcome to the community @BBO I hope you enjoy your stay here. We have great members with extended experience and a very big heart! We also value the safety of our members (that’s why we strongly advise against allowing our wives access to our ecigssa accounts:) ) and advise our members to buy themselves a good helmet!

We are all bad, bad humans for falling for the smoking habit. Whether by big tobacco marketing, peer pressure or self determination to look cool we all got hooked. Nicotine addiction is real , but there is far more to it than that. Tobacco manufacturers have been caught adding components to cigarettes to make us even more addicted. So it is not just nicotine.
Vaping has crashed their world to a point where now the plan to take over the world is to join the vaping movement and produce and market under their terms.

To all the new members here, congratulations and bloody well done. Not only are you kicking the tobacco habit but are part of a revolution that in years to come you will be proud to say "this generation does not know what cigarettes are" It starts here, it starts with you and me.

Hi Everyone, my name is Allan, I am an unemployed dad of 2 boys aged 8yrs and 10months. I was a smoker in high school but then stopped for many years and then started vaping. Unfortunately I need to stop vaping due to health issues. I don't want to stop but my health comes first.

Nice to meet all you folks

Welcome to the forum @SniperViper2021 and congrats on quitting the cancer sticks. As for vaping, I'm not sure what health condition may prevent you from blowing PG/VG clouds but it's always better to get off any addictions and your health definitely comes first.

Hi Everyone, my name is Allan, I am an unemployed dad of 2 boys aged 8yrs and 10months. I was a smoker in high school but then stopped for many years and then started vaping. Unfortunately I need to stop vaping due to health issues. I don't want to stop but my health comes first.

Nice to meet all you folks

welcome

Howsit all. Judd here, and brand new to the forum (no literally, only learnt about this forum today). Was (whoop whoop) a cigarette smoker for about 15 years. I bought a Smok Nord 4 last year and used it on and off while still smoking ciggs. It did reduce the amount I was using however.

However, as of 21/07/22, I have not touched a stinkie!! Very excited and chuffed with myself. I know all too well that it is still early days, but so far I am happy. The Smok is working really well for so glad I did some research. Hope to never touch another cigarette again!

Will be using this forum for tips and resources.

Welcome @SniperViper2021 and @JuddMan !!!!

Over here we are better than Who Wants To Be A Millionaire (we are more like Who Wants To Own A Million Vapes)....

- our 50/50 is more like a 90/10 chance of getting the right answer (or get derailed)
- ask the audience is more like asking the world
- phone a friend is always an option (even for us if we don't have the right answer, we'll ask someone and get back to you)

Good luck with your vape journey and staying off the stinkies! Being one day stinky free is already a win, with or without vaping!!

1658828539578.png

Back