Is Vaping dying out?

@Rob Fisher You tend to find something that works for you and stick to it for a LOOOONG time. I remember the REO days where you were (and still are) the REO Champ. Then you moved on to the Stratum's and the Dvarf's if I recall correctly.

Yip the major sessions were...
1. Kangertech Cleromisers
2. REO with Cyclones
3. RTA's with the Serpent Mini and Serpent 25 leading the charge!
4. Brief love affair with the Billet Box's
5. Current session that has been going for a couple of years is the Stratum Dvarw combos.
Stratum V4 1.jpg

Yip the major sessions were...
1. Kangertech Cleromisers
2. REO with Cyclones
3. RTA's with the Serpent Mini and Serpent 25 leading the charge!
4. Brief love affair with the Billet Box's
5. Current session that has been going for a couple of years is the Stratum Dvarw combos.
View attachment 233043
“Find happy place” - firm check!

Another indication on how “quiet” and stable the market is getting is how slowly the threads on the international supporting vendors are moving. Until early last year, you’d see around 15 new entries/threads on that subforum whereas nowadays you’ll see 1 or 2 entries/threads a week!

I have an agreement with my wife. New shoes or bags = a new mod or atty.

I've bought 50 mods in the last year and a bit.

She's not complaining. It used to be high end guitars.
Yikes!! Yeah definitely a much cheaper option XD

Agree, I think an “average # views” per video would give you a much better indication of interest level.
It's an average number of views gained per month it's not cumilative

Any activity will reach a plateau sooner or later, I would be interested in how many converts from combustibles to vaping will continue to vape. I for one am a self confessed addict and have no intention of stopping vaping. How many millions in the same position as me.

I have to agree with @Hooked here… the Vape market is not dying but in fact gaining in maturity and settling on what is more economically viable for Vape companies, which is “disposable” pod systems (cash cows). The universe of mods and RTAs/RDAs has reached a plateau in terms of creativity and innovation and can not grow much further in terms of market shares for various reasons. We will see the occasional gem here and there but the market seems to be stabilising for now until the major new innovation!

As @Grand Guru said, disposable pods are a cash-cow for the companies who make them, but they burn a hole in a vaper's pocket. It's more economical in the long run to buy juice for a refillable pod, but many people still prefer the convenience of a disposable.

Disposable pods are also a life-saver for elderly people who suffer from arthritis and can not squeeze a juice bottle - and that's something that the bottle manufacturers should think about.

I'm still high on the busy list with vaping goodies before I joined the familie here I just had a mod and tank. Then I started seing a whole lot more and started enjoying a lot more with great help, would have never been able to do it myself I'm still hyped up on vaping still a few rda's I wanna try and still a few rta's I wanna try MTL and DTL and then a few mods too almost 2 years of vaping for me and still a lot of fomo. So for me vaping is still on the uprize just slowly. I think a lot of people are mis informed about vaping.

I hear exactly what you are saying here. I got locked into high mg nic and mtl from the get go. This was driven by a a fear of going back to smoking. I was only after many years of this that I ventured into DIY, DTL and RDL.
Thankfully for me this led to a huge reduction in mg nic. I started at 36 and am now down to 3 or less. My mind set has now also completely changed. I no longer have the fear of addiction to combustibles and vaping is as much a hobby now as a nicotine addiction.
I don't have the huge collections that some guys do, but I try to pick carefully what I think will work for me. I love my mechs, but they play a specific role, as do some of the RTA's and RDA's.
Coil wrapping and building have become a joy.

I don't think vaping is dying out at all - but the big mods certainly are. Nowadays, people want something small and no-fuss.

Timwis made an observation and I agree with him. A lot of folks on this forum are connoisseurs and hobbyists. Far (sometimes very far) from the mainstream. I am the odd one out amongst my mates that vape. An Aegis and disposable pods are radical for them.

Timwis made an observation and I agree with him. A lot of folks on this forum are connoisseurs and hobbyists. Far (sometimes very far) from the mainstream. I am the odd one out amongst my mates that vape. An Aegis and disposable pods are radical for them.

we are different here @Stranger
You are right
We don’t represent the mass market

we are different here @Stranger
You are right
We don’t represent the mass market
I recently joined a few Facebook groups to see if I can find a Noisy (I never knew there were so many active groups in SA). Let me tell you, the classifieds section over there is BUSY, but like you say, much more “mainstream”. Most of what is being sold either has Drag, Aeigis, Zeus or Rabbit in the title.
I also think that may be contributing to a decline in sales and online viewership.
More and more people are picking up almost new gear for much lower prices in social groups?

Must say one thing that has not died down is the new juices we are seeing and better pricing on juices as well.

I have discovered some remarkable juice at very affordable pricing. I have been purchasing less and less of my back in the day ADV because it is just absolutely ridiculously priced, which sort of forced me to try out and discover new juices. And my back in the day ADV is a local juice.... Please explain how on earth does a local juice company justify R350 for 100ml. Yes, you have a unique juice which no one will ever match, but me and I would think many others are buying less of it than a year or two ago because the competition has grown significantly.

On the hardware side I must say I also feel there has been a decline in releasing good products.

Sent from my MAR-LX1M using Tapatalk

I’d be more inclined to think that vaping is becoming more mainstream. Like other technologies, the majority of equipment is becoming idiot proof and is less appealing to hobbyists.

At the same time, hobbyists are more like ham radio operators or pipe smokers. A bit odd, frankly (freely admitted). It’s a niche.

I think we’re lucky there is still so much gear being produced and marketed when the overwhelming majority of vapers just want to replace cigarettes with something simple.

I’d be more inclined to think that vaping is becoming more mainstream. Like other technologies, the majority of equipment is becoming idiot proof and is less appealing to hobbyists.

At the same time, hobbyists are more like ham radio operators or pipe smokers. A bit odd, frankly (freely admitted). It’s a niche.

I think we’re lucky there is still so much gear being produced and marketed when the overwhelming majority of vapers just want to replace cigarettes with something simple.
I think you nailed it… majority want a plug and play option that they can change/upgrade every year (like phones).

The journey from a Smok v8 to today was a big learning curve ,few regrettable buys but like @Rob Fisher I found my happy place, Blotto
and a decent dual batt mod, few HE mods and Dvarw's .The pod gogga didn't bite - I just don't like them. Even my protege is on a GRUS and a Blotto from the word go , wished I had all the info available to him . I lurked around for 6 mnts before I joined THE FORUM.;)

The journey from a Smok v8 to today was a big learning curve ,few regrettable buys but like @Rob Fisher I found my happy place, Blotto
and a decent dual batt mod, few HE mods and Dvarw's .The pod gogga didn't bite - I just don't like them. Even my protege is on a GRUS and a Blotto from the word go , wished I had all the info available to him . I lurked around for 6 mnts before I joined THE FORUM.;)
That’s an important point that you make, the value of this forum is immeasurable! I am trying to think where I would have ended up if I relied purely on walking into a vape shop… probably still on cigarettes to be honest.

I for one am a self confessed addict and have no intention of stopping vaping. How many millions in the same position as me.
Absolutely with you on that one. I never smoked while in school, secretly or otherwise, I only started when I was 27 (stupidly so) but if it ever comes to be that vaping is banned or such, I will start vaping secretly until the day they jail me.

still a few rta's I wanna try MTL and DTL and then a few mods too
I've been vaping for a long time now, but I still have this exact same feeling. I really want to give MTL a try again some time; tried a pod system again recently but it just did not work for me. The day someone can convince me that they get as much flavour from a MTL system as I do from my DL one, I will be happy to try it. And as for mods, oh there's always that one I still want and then another one as well and more and more...

Bogan I used to enjoy until I met the dude
Oooohh. This sounds interesting! :)

Absolutely with you on that one. I never smoked while in school, secretly or otherwise, I only started when I was 27 (stupidly so) but if it ever comes to be that vaping is banned or such, I will start vaping secretly until the day they jail me.

I've been vaping for a long time now, but I still have this exact same feeling. I really want to give MTL a try again some time; tried a pod system again recently but it just did not work for me. The day someone can convince me that they get as much flavour from a MTL system as I do from my DL one, I will be happy to try it. And as for mods, oh there's always that one I still want and then another one as well and more and more...

Oooohh. This sounds interesting! :)
MTL will never get anywhere if you do just a straight-up flavour comparison.
MTL needs to be viewed as an experience separate from DL.
There is (for me at least) a certain beautiful calmness in MTL vaping. It’s slower, more quiet… then there is the throat hit. I initially vaped MTL on 6mg until @CaliGuy and @GSM500 mentioned that there is a noticeable difference (and I'm not talking about the bloodstream effects) in the vape a higher nic vape tastes and feels. There is a sharper bite and a wonderful “bitterness” (I don’t have the right words) to vaping a higher nicotine MTL.
Everyone probably gets their own bit of (or lack thereof) enjoyment from MTL, but it will never be because it wins the flavour battle against a DL setup.
Then you need to consider the profiles as well, some heavy/rich tobaccos are fantastic in MTL, but may be overwhelming and disgusting in a big DL setup… the same way that I will never be drawn to a simple strawberry milk in an MTL vape (it would simply be flat and unsatisfying).

Also do not underestimate the Big Tech Brother manipulation that's been going on for a few years now, trying to suppress things they disapprove of. These YouTube reviewers are really persona non grata to big tech as they join in with the rest like Paypal, couriers, name it to kill the industry. Manipulation to strangle the viewership is nothing new for YouTube.

Looking at that whole report it smacks of yet another hit-piece to justify further crackdowns - people don't need vaping to quit anymore. Magically, after all this time, they just quit sommer so. So we can now classify vaping as an entry point to smoking. Lekka né.

All those graphs trend down, so it's not the individual reviewers. It's their uploads getting hidden by YouDoAsWeSayTube.

As a juicemaker and owner of a juice brand I spend quite a bit of time in stores (especially over weekends) and have noticed that vaping is definitely not dead but there has been a big shift to POD devices. When spending time in stores I often see guys coming in to buy new coils and a juice (usually a Voopoo PNP coil, Vaporesso GTX coil or the likes). So vaping definitely isn't dead but changed to your majority/average consumer wanting convenience as mentioned above.

I'm seeing RTA's and RDA's are more for us guys who enjoy the hobbyist element of vaping and the amount of control we have over our setup and how we each individually enjoy it and the joys of getting that perfect setup for our vaping style (and flavour profile).

So I don't think vaping is dying out, but been going through yet another shift. Less people wanting a big dual battery mod, but rather a Voopoo Drag for convenience and still pretty decent flavour or a Nic Salt/MTL setup of pod for the person wanting to get off the stinkies.

As long as people are on a healthier choice than the cigs then that's still a win overall.

As a juicemaker and owner of a juice brand I spend quite a bit of time in stores (especially over weekends) and have noticed that vaping is definitely not dead but there has been a big shift to POD devices. When spending time in stores I often see guys coming in to buy new coils and a juice (usually a Voopoo PNP coil, Vaporesso GTX coil or the likes). So vaping definitely isn't dead but changed to your majority/average consumer wanting convenience as mentioned above.

I'm seeing RTA's and RDA's are more for us guys who enjoy the hobbyist element of vaping and the amount of control we have over our setup and how we each individually enjoy it and the joys of getting that perfect setup for our vaping style (and flavour profile).

So I don't think vaping is dying out, but been going through yet another shift. Less people wanting a big dual battery mod, but rather a Voopoo Drag for convenience and still pretty decent flavour or a Nic Salt/MTL setup of pod for the person wanting to get off the stinkies.

As long as people are on a healthier choice than the cigs then that's still a win overall.
Definitely, it's much more mainstream now. Most shops I go to don't even sell wire anymore! It's either stock coils or pre-made coils. Also lots of people get it wicked in store instead of building their own tanks.
This is great seeing these people getting into it, but not so great for me as I have to hunt online for wire and the cotton I like, it's mostly one brand in the shops here, if any.
Seems we are becoming a niche market and pods and stock coils are the main income for shops.

Definitely, it's much more mainstream now. Most shops I go to don't even sell wire anymore! It's either stock coils or pre-made coils. Also lots of people get it wicked in store instead of building their own tanks.
This is great seeing these people getting into it, but not so great for me as I have to hunt online for wire and the cotton I like, it's mostly one brand in the shops here, if any.
Seems we are becoming a niche market and pods and stock coils are the main income for shops.
Wire will become more and more scarce with time... so stock up!

Back