Issues with pre-firing Aliens

HvNDhF

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi All

Maybe someone can help or point me in the right direction.

I am using Dual Aliens that comes in at 0.12 to 0.13 ohms.

Pre-fire it comes in at about 0.06. So my mods that I currently have does not fire that low and I always have to take it in to a local vape shop to assist.

Can I fire the coils one by one?

I tried that with normal fused claptons and even when I try to fire each coil by itself I get a reading atomizer too low.

Must say it is frustrating.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rage, coils are screwed in correctly and tight. Not touching anywhere.

Tried my revenger and alien as well. Same issue

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Rage, coils are screwed in correctly and tight. Not touching anywhere.

Tried my revenger and alien as well. Same issue

Maybe check if there is an offcut piece of wire shorting the deck?

I take it the coils are Nichrome, if so Nichrome reads much lower pre fire. Take your coils out and torch them with a blow torch, this oxidises the metal and brings your ohms up a bit, install them and fire away to take out the hotspots.

If you dont have a blow torch, install them one by one and work out the hot spots then install them together and you will be good to go.

I take it the coils are Nichrome, if so Nichrome reads much lower pre fire. Take your coils out and torch them with a blow torch, this oxidises the metal and brings your ohms up a bit, install them and fire away to take out the hotspots.

If you dont have a blow torch, install them one by one and work out the hot spots then install them together and you will be good to go.
Thank you man. Will def try that

Try spacing the coils, take the coils and put them on a jig and with your nail stretch them just a little bit so the wraps are not touching and then install them, and then you can use a ceramic tweezers to close the gaps if you want no gaps between the wraps. Had the same issue with my smok alien does not fire if the coils are below .1Ohms

Back