#ITSOKAYTOTALK - Mental Illness

Anyone know of any good online dating sites? I'm on the verge of paying a prostitute to go to the movies with :D being alone 24/7 sucks

I would register on a few dating sites if I were you. Nothing wrong with that. Cast your line out, you may catch a nice fish. Don't discuss the depression on your first date. Leave it until you get to know each other a bit better. All the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would register on a few dating sites if I were you. Nothing wrong with that. Cast your line out, you may catch a nice fish. Don't discuss the depression on your first date. Leave it until you get to know each other a bit better. All the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Unfortunately all these sites cost money, so I was hoping someone here had a success story to tell. Anyway...

Viper, out!

Depends on how you define success...

Success at this stage would be getting a reply to a message at least. Maybe I'm just too boring and/or fugly to attract attention :D

This thread has gone very quiet. Everyone still okay?

How is everyone doing?

I have been having an up and down time, some really exciting things happening but also some really crappy things, like my brother being admitted to a clinic for his depression and alcohol problems. I know it is for his best, and my parents best, but it still upsets me...

Busy tackling the things that bug me one at a time. As long as I end each day with a little progress, even the smallest, things will be ok.

So I'm trying a new approach. Watch less series during the week to keep my mind off the loneliness and do weekend chores so long. Cleaned out all my rodent cages tonight and fed all my Snakes. That used to take up my whole Sunday almost. Tomorrow night the reptile cages gets cleaned out and then all I have to do this weekend is gardening if weather allows. Also just pre-booked a massage for Saturday. Time to spoil myself a little.

Another Saturday night and I ain't ... What the hell. I'm bored.
Hope the rest of us are at least having some fun?

Regards

I'm having fun @Raindance! I'm packed for JHB, PTA and VapeCon! Nearly finished... then chill time, 1 sleep and then hit the road. :b1:
That will be great! I have seriously considered taking a drive up, the idea is seriously tempting. Not so much the specials (only) but the vibe must be something memorable. Its one of those "Damned if I do, damned if I don't" scenarios. If I were to go, the expense would haunt me as irresponsible, if I don't, regret for not just taking the chance and doing it for the experience's sake.

The jury is still debating the verdict so who knows...

Regards

That will be great! I have seriously considered taking a drive up, the idea is seriously tempting. Not so much the specials (only) but the vibe must be something memorable. Its one of those "Damned if I do, damned if I don't" scenarios. If I were to go, the expense would haunt me as irresponsible, if I don't, regret for not just taking the chance and doing it for the experience's sake.

The jury is still debating the verdict so who knows...

Yip I'm so with you on the vibe... it is just so awesome to meet all the people you have been chatting to all year! It's quite funny because you meet people face to face for the first time and it's feels like long lost mates!

Hey all, just wanted to ask how everyone is doing?
We're halfway through the working week, we got this
Keep rocking on!

Was doing much better until the weekend hit. That was a downer again. Loooong story. At least I got to party with a bunch of chicks and their mom. They had a bacheloret party at my local watering hole. Cost me a shit load of money on shooters and drinks, but I had fun. Apparently too much if I listen to the voicemail I got from one of the boyfriends..... I swear I don't remember kissing anyone or even giving out my number. :oops:

I have realised though that alcohol and depression/depression related drugs don't mix well. I was on a helluva high Saturday, and been feeling down ever since. Always been my problem, I never know where enough is enough. The manager had to ask me to leave so he can lock up. So, when I do still feel like partying I party like a rock star, and get hangovers like a drama queen.

Hey all, just wanted to ask how everyone is doing?
We're halfway through the working week, we got this
Keep rocking on!

Thanks for asking @ASCIIcat :wink: I have been doing pretty well, I had a similar weekend to @Viper_SA, a large unexpected Saturday night which meant I was useless on Sunday! Work is a little slow at the moment so I am trying to keep myself busy. as boredom has a massive affect on me with my mood dipping and self critical thinking on my mind. In more personal news, my middle brother who was admitted to a clinic to help him with his depression and alcohol addiction is apparently doing very well which I am very happy about. In the back of my mind, I have always felt a bit of blame for not reaching out to him more...

Was doing much better until the weekend hit. That was a downer again. Loooong story. At least I got to party with a bunch of chicks and their mom. They had a bacheloret party at my local watering hole. Cost me a shit load of money on shooters and drinks, but I had fun. Apparently too much if I listen to the voicemail I got from one of the boyfriends..... I swear I don't remember kissing anyone or even giving out my number. :oops:

I have realised though that alcohol and depression/depression related drugs don't mix well. I was on a helluva high Saturday, and been feeling down ever since. Always been my problem, I never know where enough is enough. The manager had to ask me to leave so he can lock up. So, when I do still feel like partying I party like a rock star, and get hangovers like a drama queen.

Alcohol, and recreational drugs for that matter, are never a good idea for anyone struggling with anxiety, depression, etc. I have found this out first hand as well as with friends like @brotiform :wink: Unfortunately, the norm in society is that you can't have fun without at least alcohol, which is a complete load of shit in my opinion.

Alcohol, and recreational drugs for that matter, are never a good idea for anyone struggling with anxiety, depression, etc. I have found this out first hand as well as with friends like @brotiform :wink: Unfortunately, the norm in society is that you can't have fun without at least alcohol, which is a complete load of shit in my opinion.
I agree with this, use to only go out if there was a chance to "drown my sorrows". Now just chilling with a cup of coffee with good friends is something I enjoy way more.

@Viper_SA Though I hope you feel a bit more like yourself soon, the post weekends can really be terrible.

@Neuk I am glad to hear your brother is doing better. I know it may really not feel like it, but you don't need to blame yourself for not reaching out; often when we are consumed by our own demons, we seldom see each other's.

@Neuk I am glad to hear your brother is doing better. I know it may really not feel like it, but you don't need to blame yourself for not reaching out; often when we are consumed by our own demons, we seldom see each other's.

Thanks @ASCIIcat :wink: I have known he has issues for a while now but we have never been close so I found it very difficult to open up to him and get him to open up to me, him being in Ballito with my parents didn't help either but is no excuse. When he is out of the clinic and back home, I will make a point of sharing my story, nothing more, and if he wants to share his then that would be great...

Back