#ITSOKAYTOTALK - Mental Illness

I'm afraid you might be correct. My old psychogist immigrated to NZ. They should be more up to date than us, and she's never heard of it and what I can find on Google is not very clear.
It has no proven value... some money making scheme

@Viper_SA I went through the same thing. Been on the same meds for years and eventually reached maximum dose. I asked my psychiatrist if I could go off the meds to let my body reset. Bare in mind I wasn't in a good place so this was very risky. Luckily working from home so I slowly weaned myself off the meds and spent 2 weeks with nothing. It was probably the worst time of my life mentally. Went back and he put me on something different.

I felt better almost instantly. Unfortunately you do become immune to the effects of meds. One needs a strong support system to get through it though, it's rough.

Anyone here on Concerta or similar ADHD meds? Does it make you agro?

This thread has been very quiet of late. Hope everyone is doing okay...
I just had to pop in to get something off my chest. I'm not okay. That's it. Just nowhere else or no one else to say it to. Keeping up appearances is exhausting.

I just had to pop in to get something off my chest. I'm not okay. That's it. Just nowhere else or no one else to say it to. Keeping up appearances is exhausting.
Stay strong man

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

My parent thankfully knew that the problem wasn't mine, rather it was other mere mortals whose brains didn't function at my pace, and rather than dumb me down to fit in with Concerta or Ritalin et al, they chose to over stimulate me.
It's addressable by simply putting LOTS, (and LOTS of variety), on your plate, or ... follow the "sheeple" ... and "fit in" ... dumb yourself down for everyone else with Ritalin or Concerta, and then mask and pretend to be something you're not, ultimately making yourself frustrated, angry and unhappy and resulting in you taking even more meds ... this time tho' for anxiety and or depression.

It's a blessing not a curse once you learn to harness it, and you not only compete favorably with the coke "supplemented" generation just by being yourself ... you overtake them with ease!

Feel free to pm me on it

Thought I'd check in here for a bit, especially after seeing the "Vaping saved my life" petition. For me, vaping has saved my life in more ways than one. I remember how nervous I was about that very first vape meet in 2021 that @vicTor advertised, and almost didn't go, but with a lot of "pushing" from people close to me and some pills, I did end up going and was one of the last to leave. Now I live for those get togethers and they are the highlight of my social life, but I'm getting out and making friends. I tried going off all my meds, but that was going to get me fired at work, lol, so I am on the bare minimum and still have my down days, but I have made many new friends that I can always share a joke or something with and just feel more normal again. I have noticed a swing in my fight/flight response in that I am more prone to lose my filter and throw little "tantrums" at work than go sit in the corner all depressed and such, and that's okay with me. I'd rather deal with my anxiety with a bit of attitude than tears and morbidity. Very, very few people realize that it is anxiety that triggers this response in me, but that's [art of the mental health awareness thing. Trying to educate people. A big thank you to vaping, this forum and all the special people I've met on here that have spent hours with me on whatsapp without ever having met face to face even. I appreciate each and every one of you. P.S. You know who you are.

Thought I'd check in here for a bit, especially after seeing the "Vaping saved my life" petition. For me, vaping has saved my life in more ways than one. I remember how nervous I was about that very first vape meet in 2021 that @vicTor advertised, and almost didn't go, but with a lot of "pushing" from people close to me and some pills, I did end up going and was one of the last to leave. Now I live for those get togethers and they are the highlight of my social life, but I'm getting out and making friends. I tried going off all my meds, but that was going to get me fired at work, lol, so I am on the bare minimum and still have my down days, but I have made many new friends that I can always share a joke or something with and just feel more normal again. I have noticed a swing in my fight/flight response in that I am more prone to lose my filter and throw little "tantrums" at work than go sit in the corner all depressed and such, and that's okay with me. I'd rather deal with my anxiety with a bit of attitude than tears and morbidity. Very, very few people realize that it is anxiety that triggers this response in me, but that's [art of the mental health awareness thing. Trying to educate people. A big thank you to vaping, this forum and all the special people I've met on here that have spent hours with me on whatsapp without ever having met face to face even. I appreciate each and every one of you. P.S. You know who you are.

To explode, or to implode. Tough call to make.

Sounds like you and I have similar issues with anxiety - I've been lucky enough to have some support in place at work as now they all know I have anxiety and the one manager always makes sure I get 5 minutes of time out to cool off when I'm in an aggravated episode that would end up in either a tantrum or a complete meltdown. Some colleagues are brilliant - I've had a few meltdowns and they've been really supportive. It's really hard when some people don't understand and judge you for it.

A mate and I were discussing relationships after his girlfriend dumped him on Monday, and it suddenly dawned on me, with today's standards, I couldn't attract flies if I was a bowl of shit :rolleyes:

Food for thought...

Agreed 1000000000 times. I am an highly sensitive introvert and some managers at work are absolute @rseholes when they don't understand my need to get out for 5 minutes alone time and vaping helps my anxiety levels come down.

I hate it when I'm asked a question and they demand an answer right away - it makes me want to crawl into a dark hole somewhere. Give me time to process it and then when I have processed it, I am in the right frame of mind to answer it in the right way. I also hate being cut off when I'm in the middle of talking - they don't know what I am trying to explain so that they understand why I do things the way I do it.

Working alone many nights has taught me some good skills that not many people can develop working in a team - multi-tasking 5 drinks stations while doing my cleaning jobs all at once, at McDonalds is something most people can't do...

Some scumbags wake up in the morning not even smart enough to know they are scumbags. If you are a good person and can recognise a problem within yourself that needs to be addressed,

well then you are already several branches further along the evolutionary tree.

Smart people often have more mental health problems because they can recognise them.

Just had to...

Sent from my BV6800Pro using Tapatalk

Still...

Ressonating Brilliance....

Last edited:
Back