Jelly box mini screen replacement

Mollie

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi all
I need to replace the screen on my jeely box mini it slowly faded away and now it's dead.
Anyone here knows where I can book it in for repair

Thank you

The Mini is very easy to strip. Two screws on the body. Need a long thin screwdriver. Two screws on board.

A screen shouldn't be difficult to find if it is dead.

The Mini is very easy to strip. Two screws on the body. Need a long thin screwdriver. Two screws on board.

A screen shouldn't be difficult to find if it is dead.

Strip is not the problem finding a new screen is.
I'm using as we speak now I sort off estimate the wattage

The thing is I bought it secondhand here is that's why I don't buy secondhand mods anymore

It's the luck of the draw. I have bought several secondhand mods and never had a problem. I have bought new mods that have died. All mods can have issues. Even top "quality" DNA mods can give problems. There is even a thread on replacement DNA screens and group buys for them.

Look on the bright side. You bought a cheap second-hand mod that has a screen that stopped working. You can still use it. I have just tried this out for myself. I set a mod at its minimum wattage and without looking I set it to what I thought would be the correct wattage that I usually vape at. It was slightly warm so I reduced it and found that it was only three watts off my usual setting.

Just think how bad it would be if you had bought a mod for ten times the price and it died on you.

I agree, screen working or not, you'll adjust the wattage to your vaping experience without really paying too much attention to the actual screen value.

Its not because of secondhand mod, its a sh1t mod. New screen will do the same.
Bought this brand new on Black friday at VK, thats less than 3 months old.
IMG_2623.JPG

Hi all
I need to replace the screen on my jeely box mini it slowly faded away and now it's dead.
Anyone here knows where I can book it in for repair

Thank you

@The vaper you can have mine! It's never been used. I just need to try to find the box. PM your name, address, postal code, cell number and email address and I will courier it off to you tomorrow.
Jelly.JPG

Its not because of secondhand mod, its a sh1t mod. New screen will do the same.
Bought this brand new on Black friday at VK, thats less than 3 months old.
View attachment 250360
That looks like a ribbon cable issue. Data or voltage lines are compromised. The video did show juice leaking in and causing issue on the soldered ribbon cable.

If you handy with a soldering iron you could just try reflow the solder and clean up any juice if there is. Not much to loose since you can barely read the screen any way. Just don't bridge any of the contacts.

This is obviously all at your own risk. If it was my mod, I'd give it go.

If all goes well you could end up with 2 fully functioning JellyBox Mini's, that's a result!:headbang:

Looking at all the scuff marks and scratches etc not been loved much!
Yes Sherlock, there is no scratches, just scuff marks and kitten hairs. The scuff marks you will notice is all in a line from where your thumb will move up and down to the power button if your hold the mod in your left hand. Nothing I can do about cheap paint job

Back