JHB VapeMeet 5th March Cloud Comp - Win a Vapor Flask, Hexohm and juice!

Paulie

Flavour master
VIP
LV

Awards
Hey all you cloud blowers,

ECIGSSA will be hosting a Cloud Blowing Competition at the ECIGSSA JHB Vape Meet on the 5th March 2016 at NewsCafe Sandton (http://www.ecigssa.co.za/ecigssa-jhb-vapemeet-saturday-5-march-2016.t18626/page-5#post-326420)

The Last Cloud Blowing contest was lots of fun and I know for a fact that there are a few people who want to dethrone @Oliver Barry!
  • Contestants are each given a number and chase back to back through a process of elimination.
  • You may use any atty, mod an build that you want. (Please ensure you are using safe batteries)
  • Each Contestant will be given plain VG (90% VG and 10% PG) to compete with.
  • Each contestant gets 1 attempt per round.
  • If they cannot decide they will ask to try again.
  • Judges will decide from following:
    Distance of cloud
    Density of cloud
  • Please guys don't give the judges a hard time (Respect the decision) as this will be a fun event and the judging can be very tricky.
Prizes
1st: Vapor Flask Classic 150W Mod with 2x LG HG2 Batteries
(Sponsored by VapeCartel)
2nd: Hexohm v3 Mod (Sponsored by VapeKing)
3rd: 2x Paulies Juice 50ml juices (Sponsored by Paulie)

Please RSVP here if you would like to take part thanks!
Also people who would like to take part and don't RSVP can come talk to me before 14:00. I will not be allowing people after that thanks.

The time of the event on the day will be announced shortly.

--- UPDATE ---

Sir Vape has been ever so gratuitous to sponsor a pack of Wick N Vape - Cotton Bits for the Cloud Blowing Competition !

For those who would like to use some it will be at the coil building table.

Have Fun and Lets see some big clouds people!

[RSVP=19639]Click here to RSVP[/RSVP]

Adrian6969 - 1
Alex - 1 - rainmaker
Alezea Botha - 1 - Dean Stone - blaas soos 'n baas
arshad - 2 - newbie lol first time entering
Bartart - 1 - Follow me im right behind you
cam - 1 - make sure no one else is last...thank me later
chris17 - 1
ChrisFJS - 1
Clouds4Days - 1 - I'm a newbie but going in for the fun of it
Cobrali - 0 - something came up and i cant stay for it..
craig_evsss - 1
D-son - 1
Dr Phil - 1 - I'm here
Ezekiel - 1
Flash696 - 1 - The more the better! Possible to have it inside NC this time?
Forfcuksakes - 1
GlacieredPyro - 1
Jaime - 1 - can't wait to blow a cloud
Keith Milton - 1
MarcoDeWetImperialVapers - 3
Marius Combrink - 1
Maxxis - 1
MetalGearX - 1 - I chickend out last time... but now i can dance!
michael dos santos - 1
Michael Hockey - 1
MoeB786 - 1
Monica Hedder - 1
NewOobY - 1 - I know I will not win, but I know it will be fun :)
Nox46 - 1 - Dead keen
Oliver Barry - 1 - BRING IT ON!!!
Rob Fisher - 1 - Testing 1-2-3 YaY it works!
Scholaratari - 1 - Cloud comp
Shane - 1 - Sounds like fun
shaunnadan - 1
sideshowruki - 1 - What is this black magic?
Stroodlepuff - 1 - Hell why not :p
Trippyboy - 1
Vapordude - 1 - Upon arrival please say "Welcome to The Black Pearl..."
WARMACHINE - 1 - Watch my 2 ohm build mix it up
Willie Scott - 1

Total: 42

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, never tried cloud chasing before this should be ...... interesting:sweating:

Thanks bud, will try to. As long as i don't end up coughing my lungs out, that would just be embarrassing. ( Still better than smoking though)

whoop. Gonna be such a jol
I suck at this but who cares.

remember to keep fresh batteries and be gently with the mod this time.... you dont want it to lock on you :)

but if your gonna use your new sig then WOAHHHHH your all sorted :)

I have no idea what I'm gonna do.
I normally build for thick clouds for vape tricks.

This is gonna be new.
I guess surface area is king here?

Edit: So the ohms law math tells me 0.25 is about the safest for my samsung 25R's
Is this right?

Last edited:
awww im working that day and won't be there on time last time was good fun

This is going to be awesome
I just need to find a camera lens wide enough to get the clouds in!

Big respect for the cloud blowers participating.

hmmmm, maybe for tickles... never tried to blow a cloud, and pretty sure i am not much good, but in the spirit of a fun day someone needs to provide the laughs.

hmmmm, maybe for tickles... never tried to blow a cloud, and pretty sure i am not much good, but in the spirit of a fun day someone needs to provide the laughs.
Go for it - press that blue RSVP button in the first post!

I'm entering more to be a spectator than anything else. But now I am going to check builds for cloud chasing etc. Today's research assignment assigned, and soon to be executed. Thank for the awesome events guys and gals :clap:.
I'm looking forward to it, but being on this forum for the past couple of weeks I have learnt there are people here with huge lungs. Can't wait to see the clouds that are going to be chucked:dance:

Honestly, it may sound petty, but not a single response on a battery safety question in a cloud comp thread worries me.

Either respondents don't know or don't want to assist. Both left me feeling a bit uncertain about it.
As such I prefer not to partake. I don't want to be a danger and don't want to be endangered.

Honestly, it may sound petty, but not a single response on a battery safety question in a cloud comp thread worries me.

Either respondents don't know or don't want to assist. Both left me feeling a bit uncertain about it.
As such I prefer not to partake. I don't want to be a danger and don't want to be endangered.

hmmm.. this is rather interesting.

so i have received a few PM's from people looking for advise. some are a bit shy and don't want to ask questions in public (you know who all of you are !)

my 1st question is what mod, batteries and build your planning on running. i then do a quick steam-engine check and find the "safe" and the "critical" limits. knowing that you now can build in that range (at your own risk) helps influence things greatly.

once we have that info we look at what atty you have that's best suited for clouds (99% is all down to airflow and the 1% is the build deck)

then we discuss possible builds. something that can get maximum results on your mod within the safe range.

build things to consider :

wicking (this is important unless you like the taste of cooked cotton)
airflow within the atty
ramp up time
coil surface area

if you have a specific safety concern then voice it here, otherwise your more than welcome to PM me or one of the vetrans on the forum. we are all willing to help :)

hmmm.. this is rather interesting.

so i have received a few PM's from people looking for advise. some are a bit shy and don't want to ask questions in public (you know who all of you are !)

my 1st question is what mod, batteries and build your planning on running. i then do a quick steam-engine check and find the "safe" and the "critical" limits. knowing that you now can build in that range (at your own risk) helps influence things greatly.

once we have that info we look at what atty you have that's best suited for clouds (99% is all down to airflow and the 1% is the build deck)

then we discuss possible builds. something that can get maximum results on your mod within the safe range.

build things to consider :

wicking (this is important unless you like the taste of cooked cotton)
airflow within the atty
ramp up time
coil surface area

if you have a specific safety concern then voice it here, otherwise your more than welcome to PM me or one of the vetrans on the forum. we are all willing to help :)

Pm'ed @shaunnadan my question from earlier in the thread. He got me sorted.
I've +1'ed myself again.

Back