Joyetech Cuboid 200W Box Mod

I won't order online with this economy of SA <-> USA Ill get the rx200 from @vaporize.co.za
It's a shame,I've dealt w/ the S.A. postal serv. and I can't believe the taxes and v.a.t. charges.They charged $88.00 usd for a $25.oo starter kit I had hoped to PIF.I feel your pain.By all means use a trusted B+M.

i'm very keen on getting my hands on the black cuboid, looks like a pretty sick mod :)

Nice mod. Bit on the heavy side. Basically an evic on steroids

Has anybody got a cover for the Cuboid yet? I'm thinking of one like the eVic VTC Mini cover.

What is the battery life compared to the rx200? I heard it is only about 15% less than the RX 200 is this true ?

Any of you good chaps and chapesses running cuboid with Sub Tank Mini? If so does STM fit flush? Looking to score another mod, but being OCD with gear would be peeved if atty did not fit flush. (Yes, I do know it is time to get a life).

@Neal it should fit I put a Subtank nano on the other day and it was flush but can't really compare to the 22mm mini

Any of you good chaps and chapesses running cuboid with Sub Tank Mini? If so does STM fit flush? Looking to score another mod, but being OCD with gear would be peeved if atty did not fit flush. (Yes, I do know it is time to get a life).
Just popped my subtank mini on and there is a tiny gap, like 1/3 of mm if I had to guess. Can only see it when held against light background. Same as on m vtc mini, so might just be my subtank.

Just popped my subtank mini on and there is a tiny gap, like 1/3 of mm if I had to guess. Can only see it when held against light background. Same as on m vtc mini, so might just be my subtank.

Yes brother, seems consistent with sub tank mini, thanks for your help.

I don't think a Sub Tank Mini sits flush on any mod. There is always a minute gap

Will the Samsung 30Q batteries be fine in this mod?. If not what Batteries would you recommend?

Will the Samsung 30Q batteries be fine in this mod?. If not what Batteries would you recommend?
They should be fine. The manufacturer rates (continuous discharge rating) at 15A, but in an independent test by Mooch he actually gives them a CDR of 20A. Personally I would go for either the green or blue Samsung. Both are rated at 20A.

Your Cuboid displays the Amps drawn as you fire - just watch that when you go really high in power.

Got a Cuboid with black silicone cover. Very nice mod. I fire it with LG brownies and Velocity on top. The mod heats up a bit though. It worries me. It can't be my build (quad coils 26gauge kanthal 12wraps, 2.4mm ID, comes in at 0.36ohm as read by the Cuboid). I fire it @ 80W, so the Cuboid reckons it hits the atty @ 5.38V and 14.9A (which agrees with myself and steam engine)

So I'm not straining my batteries at all according to the mod, myself and steam engine. So the heating up is strange IMO. It generates heat on different married brownies and Tesiyi's.

The only logical explanation I can get at is that it's because the mod is so compact (for something running 2 18650's)...

Hope I'm not being ignorant

Got a Cuboid with black silicone cover. Very nice mod. I fire it with LG brownies and Velocity on top. The mod heats up a bit though. It worries me. It can't be my build (quad coils 26gauge kanthal 12wraps, 2.4mm ID, comes in at 0.36ohm as read by the Cuboid). I fire it @ 80W, so the Cuboid reckons it hits the atty @ 5.38V and 14.9A (which agrees with myself and steam engine)

So I'm not straining my batteries at all according to the mod, myself and steam engine. So the heating up is strange IMO. It generates heat on different married brownies and Tesiyi's.

The only logical explanation I can get at is that it's because the mod is so compact (for something running 2 18650's)...

Hope I'm not being ignorant
If your atty is hot to the touch that heat will be transferred to the mod.

The Joytech (VTC Mini, Cuboid and RX200) boards (PCB,Chip,Magic Cube) all get slightly warm near the screens, nature of the board I guess.

when your mod heats up pop your batteries out and see if your batteries are hot or not, if not hot nothing really to worry about in my books (just my opinion)

If your atty is hot to the touch that heat will be transferred to the mod.

The Joytech (VTC Mini, Cuboid and RX200) boards (PCB,Chip,Magic Cube) all get slightly warm near the screens, nature of the board I guess.

when your mod heats up pop your batteries out and see if your batteries are hot or not, if not hot nothing really to worry about in my books (just my opinion)

Thanks for that!! This is the first time I'm dealing with Joyetech mods, so this is valuable info for me!! I've done that, the batteries aren't hot, just warm (not as warm as the mod and definitely not as hot as the dripper).

So me thinks it's probably the mod transferring minimal heat to the batteries, because I'm playing it more than safe with regards to my builds.

Cheers mate, thanks once again!

Thanks for that!! This is the first time I'm dealing with Joyetech mods, so this is valuable info for me!! I've done that, the batteries aren't hot, just warm (not as warm as the mod and definitely not as hot as the dripper).

So me thinks it's probably the mod transferring minimal heat to the batteries, because I'm playing it more than safe with regards to my builds.

Cheers mate, thanks once again!
My bet then is that the mod is getting hot from the heat of the atty being transferred.. nothing to worry about at all

I am and mine sits perfectly Flush :)

They should be fine. The manufacturer rates (continuous discharge rating) at 15A, but in an independent test by Mooch he actually gives them a CDR of 20A. Personally I would go for either the green or blue Samsung. Both are rated at 20A.

Your Cuboid displays the Amps drawn as you fire - just watch that when you go really high in power.

Ok thanks. will keep a eye out on that once i get the mod and so on

Anyones got a silver cuboid? Mine seems to pick up scratches like you cant believe it. From just staying in my pocket. Is there a way to remove scratches on stainless steel?

Anyones got a silver cuboid? Mine seems to pick up scratches like you cant believe it. From just staying in my pocket. Is there a way to remove scratches on stainless steel?

I have a silver and a grey one but they are too heavy to take out with me so they stay on the desk... so no scratches for me.

I have a silver and a grey one but they are too heavy to take out with me so they stay on the desk... so no scratches for me.
Any idea what material the cuboid is made out of? Thinking if perhaps i could sand out the scratches

Back