Juice has a weird taste

Conno2112

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Hi guys

My last batch of DIY juice has a weird taste like a nutty burned flavour and its not the coils because i made a new set of coils a have rewicked it a few times to see if its not the cotton, do any of you have a idea what it could be

What concentrates are using? Are they new concentrates, some concentrates do have funny tastes, some taste different to what they smell like

Check your nicotine as well. Most of my earlier batches had this bitter but white peppery taste if I go anything above 3mg.

it could be the nick that is oxidised...what colour is your nic...when mixing do you leave your nic open???

@Conno2112, dude please can you give us a break down of the concentrates that you used as well as where you got the PG and VG from this will make it easier to get the root cause, the more information we have the better the assistance can be.

Ya bru, we need alllllllll the details pls, otherwise I think your tank might have a vaping ghost, ull have to call the ghost busters :eek:)

@Conno2112, dude please can you give us a break down of the concentrates that you used as well as where you got the PG and VG from this will make it easier to get the root cause, the more information we have the better the assistance can be.
I used Tfa strawberry and strawberry ripe blueberry candy cotton candy vanilla swirl and i got it all at e-liquid consentrates including the pg and vg

I was just playing around the strawberries are 5% blueberry 2 and then the other stuff are all between 1 and 3 %

Yeah that doesn't help at all. Percentages of flavors vary wildly. 3% TFA peanut butter you will hardly taste where as 3% TFA honeydew II or INW Raspberry will more than likely taste like drain cleaner as they are so strong.

It is almost impossible without seeing the exact recipe to assist with where you went wrong.

from what I read you are not using anything that contains a nutty flavour. It would just be weird to have a strawberry cream taste like burnt nuts. Sounds ultra strange, I mean if a concentrate is off it wouldn't taste like nuts would it?

Im wondering if that odd taste is the TFA strawberry at too high a percentage..I once used 6% strawberry (and not ripe) and it was aweful

TFA strawberry should be fine. Mustard milk has it at 6% and Fizzmustard's nana cream has it at 7%.

It is probably flavor molecules clashing. Where one flavor tastes great standalone, it might just turn bad when mixed with something specific.

I have 2 TFA white chocolate concentrates, bought probably 2 months from each other, from the same supplier. One is fairly clear, the other one looks like vanilla essence - completely black and leaves a black residue on the glass and pipet.

Check if your concentrates have an odd colour.

The other thing is it might have been incorrectly labelled. Human error of course.

Perhaps before you toss them all, make a small batch - 2ml perhaps - of each flavour on its own, 5% in a 50/50 VG/PG blend, shake and vape, and see which one it is.

Back