Kangertech Toptank mini

Haha! Trying to! But there is actually a forum member holding onto two Subtanks for me, I've just to pick up my act and sort them out!

Considering the love I have for it I figure that it's about time I gave the Toptank a go. I'm willing to spend on trying off-the-wall products that I almost KNOW I won't like, so I think it's high time to look into an "improved" version of something I love. I just want to make sure I'm not supporting Kangertech SA in the process though.

I hear you @Stosta
Would like to find out more about it if you manage to test one out

@Stosta I have 4 Subtanks and 2 Toptanks.

They both leak into the reservoir at the bottom requiring you to blow it out every now and then. Other than that I love them both. The Subtank is a pain to fill compared to the Toptank that it easy and convenient to fill.

I use the small RBA’s that come with the tanks exclusively. On the older RBA’s the wicking holes have to be enlarged to about 3mm diameter ( I think they came with the earlier Subtanks)

The airflow on both are the same and very restrictive on the lowest setting.

I use them at the maximum airflow setting and vape at 20w

I agree.
I have both and use both regularly. Some leaks every now and again but no more than on the Melo III Mini. I also use the RBA's and have no problems.
Had my Toptank for 1 year now and still performing great. Well worth the money.

@Silver The four Subtanks are all stainless steel. One was painted red, one black and one white. The red one started losing its paint so I stripped it down to the stainless steel. That’s just for background.

If I were vaping in the dark I would not know if I was vaping a Subtank or a Toptank they are so similar.

But the white one is different ... if I only had half a lung left I would know that I were vaping it. For some reason it is different. It is just special.

The Subtanks I was ‘piffed’ by @Willyza so I don‘t know their provenance or vintage.

I agree.
I have both and use both regularly. Some leaks every now and again but no more than on the Melo III Mini. I also use the RBA's and have no problems.
Had my Toptank for 1 year now and still performing great. Well worth the money.
Awesome!

Exactly what I needed to hear!

Thanks @Willyza and @SAVaper

My Silver Subtank Mini V2 (not the topfill one, but not the very first one that came out either) has been a stellar performer.

The flavour is not as pinpoint sharp as my Lemo1. It is slightly more rounded, but its lovely.

It has performed flawlessly for a long time - I probably got it over 18 months ago and it has been in pretty much daily use. It is my main out and about tank and I like using it in the car. Hasn't leaked one drop, no jokes - since I began with it. No juice in the well or base or anywhere for that matter. I use the RBA with a simple 8 wrap 28g 2mm ID Kanthal coil and Rayon wick. I mainly use 50/50 fruity menthol blends in there. Max airflow setting, which gives a restricted lung hit. Just lovely. But I only vape it around 12-15 Watts. So maybe some of my good luck with it has to do with not trying to overstress it too much.

What a reliable performer it has been and long may it continue...

There really isn't much difference between the two. The most significant difference would be that the TopTank is a top filling design (obviously) but by adding the top fill they've sacrificed 0.5ml of juice capacity. Also, the wicking holes on the Toptank RBA are slightly smaller than the Subtank v2 RBA but are still placed on the side of the barrel. I haven't noticed that the smaller holes have any effect on the way the tank wicks, even with thicker juice.

Back