Kendo gold vs cotton bacon v2

s kajee

Flavour chaser
LV

Awards
hi guys, just wana know which is better? I see that kendo gold says its heat resistant, does that mean if you dry burn it you won't get that dry hit taste or what?

Hi, I used it on the Gemini RTA and the Topbox RBA.

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

@SAVaper , have you got a picture of your wicking? Cotton should have a slight resistance in the coil. Enough to move the cotton backwards and forwards without moving the mod.

Fluff the tails and cut them down to light fluffy tapers. I always have a very small amount of wick in the juice channels , but it should be light enough to just fold it in , if you have to use any form of force it's too thick.

Wick should be thickest at the coil and then thinned out down to the edges.

@SAVaper , have you got a picture of your wicking? Cotton should have a slight resistance in the coil. Enough to move the cotton backwards and forwards without moving the mod.

Fluff the tails and cut them down to light fluffy tapers. I always have a very small amount of wick in the juice channels , but it should be light enough to just fold it in , if you have to use any form of force it's too thick.

Wick should be thickest at the coil and then thinned out down to the edges.

Thanks. I will have a look. I do believe I might have stuffed to much into the feeding holes of the Gemini. Not sure on the KBox RBA. I will look for a pic.

Thanks. I will have a look. I do believe I might have stuffed to much into the feeding holes of the Gemini. Not sure on the KBox RBA. I will look for a pic.

Yup , thats probably your cause , you should see minimal to no cotton in the juice channels once the tank is re assembled. As for the Kbox , can't help you there :)

Hi All. Been using Kendo Gold in my Avo 24 and also have the problem of the cotton drying out after a few hits then have to wait or literally turn the tank upside down to wick properly. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi All. Been using Kendo Gold in my Avo 24 and also have the problem of the cotton drying out after a few hits then have to wait or literally turn the tank upside down to wick properly. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Glad it is not just me.

I Have recently bought cotton bacon. I cant really tell a difference between it and dischem cotton. In fact my cotton bacon burns out quicker than the dischem one. I find i need to change it more often.

My only issue with Kendo Gold is that it takes forever to saturate, I use it for my rda's only. Tanks I use Cotton Bacon, Jap Cotton and Vapers Choice Cotton. YMMV

I - by coincidence - bought some cotton bacon v2 for the first time yesterday and I'm not that impressed. Its like any other wicking material.

Granted, I've only used it in a Gemini so far, which is prone to vapour lock and then pseudo dry hits, so that definitely has a role to play - but my experience has been rather meh. Will try it in my Tsunami this evening to see if I can experience what everyone is raving about.

UPDATE:

So I wicked the Tsunami with some CBv2 yesterday evening and the vaping experience was exactly like with Japanese cotton.
I'm not quite sold on this product.

Will probably not buy it again, as its quite a bit more expensive than "regular" cotton, with no real benefit (to me).

Went passed Vape Club today and got me some of the Muji Japanese organic cotton.
Went home and wicked my Gemini RTA. Stuffed those juice holes full! Did not prime anything. Closed her up and filled the tank. Left her for 5 minutes and put her on the KBox 120 at 35W. Then I chain vaped the red hot you know what out of that tank. Perfect! No dry hits at all.
For R25 per 6 pads, no more buying the expensive CB2 or KG.
This stuff is amazing. With the Kendo Gold, I had endless problems. Had to prime the coil soaking wet and then if I chain vaped I would get dry hits. Not with the Muji. And it is extremely forgiving for an inexperienced guy like me. Like I said, I stuffed those holes full. Much more than I did with the KG.
Do yourself a favor and try it!

Guys, it's really about the right tools for the right job.
I use both and other wicking materially too and i have to say that each has its merits and each their downfall.

To which is better is subjective, the one works better with high heat and the other to lower heats.

My suggestion is to find your preferred vaping style and wick accordingly.

There is no ultimate, only what works best for you.

Save your cash and buy koh gen doh organic cotton. Cheap and works as advertised. Vaperite sells enough to last months for 20 bucks.

If I had to choose... CBV2.

I love bacon in anything. Love how you can strip away to your desired thickness. I have to say that I don't really waste alot since smaller pieces can be fused again and used in smaller atomizer types. Taste is slightly better than Kendo but it's way easier for me to wick with CB2.

bacon.jpg

Re wicked my Griff 25 with Japanese Cotton as I left my CB at my folks place over the weekend and meh.

Annoying to work with and just doesn't seem to hold up at high wattages like the CB. Maybe I have crap "japanese" cotton pads LOL

Back